Venquis Reviews

5.0
Barnaby Parker

1. Great training academy

I have been working at Venquis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had no prior experience of recruitment before joining Venquis but by the time I finished the training Academy I felt fully prepared to be a 360 consultant. I had clear goals and areas to become an expert in, beginning with candidate sourcing and then focusing on client engagement. The weekly reviews with my Team Leader made me feel very well supported and helped me develop quickly. I particularly liked the focus on becoming an expert in my market and the sustained emphasis on reading about transformation projects in Retail so that I could add real value to our clients.

Cons

They work you hard but you reap the rewards!

2. Training Course

I have been working at Venquis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Prior to joining Venquis I had no experience in the recruitment sector. After completing the 13 week training program I felt that I was well and truly prepared for anything that could be thrown my way. The academy was structured in such a way that I was able to constantly put into practice everything that I was learning as the course progressed, as it merged both one-on-one teaching with on the job training. The expertise and passion of the trainer inspired me to constantly deliver on my targets and gave me an exciting yet realistic picture of what it takes to be successful in a competitive environment such as recruitment.
    The training academy was without a doubt the perfect springboard for me to build a career in recruitment on and I highly recommend to any potential candidates!

Cons

No cons at this time.

Jan 27, 2015CEO

Thank you for posting your review. As a fast growing company with a high performance culture, ongoing training (at every level of the organisation) is crucially important. Needless to say we will ... More

3. Invest in their talent

I have been working at Venquis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One to one and group coaching is given to all new recruiters in the 'Venquis Training Academy' with training on how to become a specialist in your market, and become a full 360 recruiter.
    Lots of team spirit, supportive and positive atmosphere, always pushing to succeed and be the best.
    Hard work is not only rewarded, but also respected.
    Everyone is interesting, has their own style, and something about them.

Cons

Relatively new company (around 3 years old) - growing quickly, which makes the future uncertain

5. "One of a kind"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Venquis in 2012 as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant after 10 years in the Royal Marines. After and intensive period of training and getting to know the industry I moved onto the Financial Services contract desk. Venquis then gave me the platform and guidance to build my own client base and candidate network within my specific niche. The ongoing support and recognition you receive at Venquis is 2nd to none and the team is one of the best I have worked in

Cons

Our Champagne fridge is a little empty due to the successes we are having!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Table football. More champagne!!!

Jan 27, 2015CEO

Hopefully the new office table football table will help you play more often. As to champagne - the fridge is stocked up!

6. Friendly and supportive

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

I have been here for a good few months and can certainly say I am happy here. I joined without having any previous experience as a recruiter before and have been warned by others before that recruitment can be a tough and back-stabbing environment. However, none of this applies at Venquis - in fact, everyone is very friendly and supportive. As for the training I received? I couldn't have asked for better. The opportunity to grow and learn here is endless and I know I'll have all the support I'll need. It's also great hearing from candidates that they genuinely appreciate our services.

Cons

Everyone keeps offering chocolate/naughty snacks around

7. Glassdoor review of my current employer

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! It's a target driven environment without the usual pressure you would expect. Venquis are willing to take people on with little to no experience and nurture them. You are given the opportunity to develop your own client base giving you a real sense of ownership. A great bunch to work with and always a crowd having a drink after work.

Cons

As with any sales role the base is quite low. But at Venquis the commission scheme is very good, so once you are up and running the sky is the limit.

8. Best German speaking Team in the City!

I have been working at Venquis

Pros

I chose Venquis over other companies as it was evident to me throughout the interview process that the company is on a journey, especially when it comes to international expansion. From my perspective, the main USP revolved around having a German speaking team which wants to be a specialist in the market in which it operates and not diluting its focus in being 'too thinly spread' geographically and thematically. In addition, there is genuine backing from the powers that be to actually fly Consultants out to Germany so as to build relationships with clients in person, and we now visit the Motherland every month!

Cons

We didn't win the City Football Challenge this year!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring for the German team!

Oct 8, 2014CEO

Thank you for your feedback. The success and growth of our german speaking teams (both in the UK and Germany) have been a huge contributor to the overall success of Venquis to date.
    The team has
    ... More

9. Great company to work for!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fast growing enthusiastic company, great people to work with.They encourage individual as well as company growth and look after their staff, clients and candidates!! Keep up the good work !

Cons

I gotta travel a bit further that I would prefer to get to the office :(

Advice to Management

More benefits will make it an even greater place to work !!

Oct 8, 2014CEO

I'm really pleased that you are enjoying your career at Venquis. We will be introducing more benefits as we grow - but hopefully you are making use of the Pru Health scheme, 1/2 price gym membership ... More

10. Fantastic people, professional environment and a great place to work.

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Venquis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Venquis gave me the opportunity to start a career at the later stages of my life. I came in with no experience at all and they have built me up to the point where I am earning more than I was as a professional footballer. Great people with a vibrant atmosphere which doesnt sacrifce enjoyment for hardwork, it maintains a healthy balance between making work enjoyable and challenging. A lot of the time you dont realise how hard you are working due to the people around you and the vibrant working environment. A company where they invest in staff and the Venquis acadamy is well on the way to making many successful consultants.

Cons

The only challenge is the internal turmoil experienced during the first few months, where you feel uncomfortable because you a consious of how much you dont understand but once you have over come this the only way is up.

Advice to Management

Free lunches would go down quiet well

Oct 8, 2014CEO

Free lunches are some way off however we will continue to improve the Venquis training academy, being recognised as offering the best training in the industry. Our vision is one of a high performance ... More

11. So far, fantastic. Great people, great direction and everything works perfectly!

I have been working at Venquis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Was laughing from day one with all the great people around me. Extremely welcoming environment.
    Database is incredibly efficient and accurate and has sensible measures in place to ensure it will stay this way.
    All software is up to date and works without any issues.
    CEO is incredibly well-networked.
    Located in a great part of the City.
    Fun wrap up sales meeting each Friday afternoon.

Cons

None yet - can't think of anything that the company should be doing that it's not already.

Advice to Management

Table football table / pool table in our next office..........?......

Oct 8, 2014CEO

The table football table is on its way!

RSS Feed </> Embed