Ventana Medical

Ventana Medical Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2014

Ventana Medical President Mara G. Aspinall

Mara G. Aspinall

Pros:
  • "There are a lot of great people that work here"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Great healthcare benefits, friendly work environment, heavily focused on cultural beliefs such as speaking up and keeping the customer in mind"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Due to the demanding nature of the work there is little work/life balance"
    in 3 reviews
  • "High turnover rate and slow to fill positions"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Company

Senior Research Associate (Current Employee)
    Oro Valley, AZ

ProsGreat Salaries, career advancements, atmosphere

ConsNone that I can think of. Best place I've ever worked at.

Ventana Medical Systems is one of the best Medical Devices employer!

Scientist (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsThe company highly values and invests in Research and Development. Being the market leader in Tissue Diagnostics, this company can dictate the technology and new product pipeline in the industry. The salary is fair and Tucson is one of the best places to live in the country weather wise. The company has flourished under the Roche umbrella while keeping its own identity and that is what makes this company a great employer for anyone interested in Cancer Biology, Biochemistry and Biomedical Devices!

ConsThere are no major downsides, the biggest one being you need to be placed high enough in the hierarchy to receive bonus and stock options.

Ventana is a place of opportunity.

ProsVentana offers the unique opportunity to directly see how your work can impact a patient. The company's benefits and salaries are competitive. The culture is good - people regularly laugh during meetings. It's a stable industry and a growing company.

ConsThe pace of work is very fast. Much is expected of employees. It is difficult to get hired because they have their pick of candidates.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I had an excellent experience working for these people :)

Phlebotomist (Former Employee)
    Medford, OR

ProsThe quality of the people working there and the joy that everyone had.

ConsHonestly couldn't say there were any. Anyone could always use more benefits :).

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job you guys keep up the good spirit :)

Amazing Environment

Support Specialist (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsI remember my first day on campus, and the atmosphere was just so completely welcoming. People I had never even met would just walk up to say hi, and it was nice to feel so much like I belong from the first time I walked through the door. Honestly, that is really how it has been the entire time that I have been with Ventana. They manufacture top quality diagnostics products that people can believe in, and that are helping to save lives every day. The most rewarding part of the job is during the all-employee meetings, Dr. Grogan presents the employees with a case study on a patient where Ventana products have helped to save their life with a focus on personalized medicine. It is very enlightening, and it definitely lets you know that you are making a difference in the lives of all patients afflicted with cancer, regardless of your role. Benefits are amazing, and there is a ton of opportunity throughout Ventana and the rest of the Roche community.

ConsAlong with the tremendous mass of those who are welcoming, there are some select individuals that I have encountered that are not, but these are few and far between within the company. Contracted employees be advised, I am currently one and will not be hired on permanently because there is no room in my department. They will contract and anticipate room will open up, but it will not always do so. Do not let this deter you, but if you are contracted, be sure to have a backup plan just in case.

Leading edge Diagnostic company focused on oncology

ProsNew management focus on patient and quality. Great pipeline of products

ConsGrowing pains and transition to Roche systems create some cultural challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on change management (communication!). Associates are motivated to great results.

Great place to work; good people and organization.

Senior Scientist (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsGreat benefits, Good people and gpod pay.

ConsCan take time to be promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve communication.

The best place to work in Tucson.

Product Support Engineer (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsExcellent benefits and compensation.
    Travel opportunities.
    Advancement Opportunities.
    A culture concerned with quality and patient care.
    The parent company Roche, offers additional advancement and benefits globally.

ConsThe campus location is a bit far from Tucson's city center and can produce a long commute.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

On Balance a Great Place

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsCompany's mission, improving diagnostic for cancer patients, really motivates you to work harder. The leadership team has continued with the founder's passion successfully.
    Competetive Salary (Even in Silicon Valley). Excellent Benefits (401k and Medical Insurance). But if earning money is your only goal you would do better to look else where.
    Challenging Work. Although this is Ventana Medical, This is really a division of Roche Diagnostics, which is a behemoth of a company.

ConsThe company is very process oriented. This is really a necessity for FDA regulated companies.
    Not a Startup Culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great place to work!

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsThe mission and vision of the company are amazing! The pace is fast and you are always busy.

ConsThey tend to put too much on people without providing additional resources. People are over worked and stressed.

Worked for Ventana Medical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ventana Medical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ventana Medical CEO Mara G. Aspinall. All 53 reviews posted anonymously by Ventana Medical employees.