Venteon
www.venteon.us.com Troy, MI 150 to 499 Employees

Venteon Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Cedric Corera

"If you are looking for a great work environment, look no further!"

Office/Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Troy, MI

ProsWhile working here I never felt as if I wasn't a big part of the team, even though I was working a contract assignment. The management staff is extremely friendly and always makes new employee's feel welcome. Everyone works together to reach goals and are always willing to help each other out. I really appreciated the teamwork I experienced working here. I worked in an administrative capacity but from my experience with the recruitment staff, they all seemed genuinely happy with their position and benefits. The company offers a good work-life balance, central location, and opportunities for advancement. If you enjoy staffing and recruitment, you will like working for Venteon. I really enjoyed my time with the company and wish I could have stayed.

ConsFor me, the only con was location, but I live in Howell, MI.

Great small company to prove your recruiting skills

Troy, MI

ProsI've worked for a few other staffing agencies and the environment at Venteon offers so much more flexibility in my schedule to allow for a decent work/life balance. The salaries are decent, probably average with other staffing agencies. Although management says we're metrics-driven, there's no one confronting you on a daily basis which provides a good working environment. Each group - accounting/finance, IT, engineering, administrative - work together as a team and most try to help each other with clients and candidates. I like the office environment - each employee has their own, somewhat secluded, cubicle or office. It's not a huge open pit like some other agencies where you can't even hear yourself think. The employees also do a lot of things together - baseball game, happy hours, boat cruise, volunteering at a soup kitchen in Detroit. The owners also donate a bunch of money to various charities and families that the employees refer at Christmas. It's not a perfect company but it's a great company to start or continue your career in recruiting.

ConsThe medical benefits are a little expensive and it would be great if they offered vision insurance. There has been some turnover over the last two years but I think it has to do with us hiring entry-level recruiters. Some of the people that have left just didn't like recruiting. I do think there needs to be a better process to evaluate employees, give raises, and offer some perks. I'd also like to see our family picnic or trip to the zoo return this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to the owners would be to focus on what we're best at. They tried to branch out into other things like mobile app development that just didn't work and I'm sure cost our company a lot of money.

fair company, work hard and do your job, they leave you alone.

Sales (Current Employee)

Prosmanagement is fair
    and let's you do your job.

Consnot a lot of flexibility.
    benefits are expensive

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointed with my experience

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Troy, MI

ProsFellow employees are very nice, really do try to represent a family atmosphere. Supervisors do try to help out their employees and get them to succeed.

ConsEmployee morale dropped considerably during the almost two years I was there. Hiring philosophy did change from hiring experienced recruiters to fresh out of college kids. They can pay them nothing, let them bring on some accounts then either let them go or they leave due to low pay. Meanwhile the company keeps the relationship and commission dollars.
    Benefits are extremely expensive, company pays little to no part of the employee contribution.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay, lower benefit costs, and most importantly build employee morale.

"Great Company, treats employees fairly, good work ethic"

ProsVenteon is a Company that allows you to grow your personal business; -the tools are in place to be successful. As you grow, there is work/life balance.

ConsAdvancement may take longer due to size of Company however is available.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to your employees-they are your best asset!

Not the same team I joined and loved

ProsExperienced recruiters and business development professionals have a lot of flexibility to run their desks as they see fit, as long as they stay profitable. Better than the "churn and burn" culture of the nationwide/wordlwide "big box" staffing companies

ConsIt's tough on new hires, especially if they are new to the industry. Comp plans are low, benefit plans are expensive, and many of the talented people leave for greener pastures before long. A lot of the flexibility that existed for experienced employees has been stripped away because it is not available to entry/junior-level hires.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparent growth track for new hires. Expectations for raises, advancement are not laid out clearly (if at all)

One of the most toxic environments to work in I've ever seen.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe co-workers are, for the most part, very nice. The commute is reasonable. The database is reasonably robust. The office is nice.

ConsVery money driven. Will hire people with virtually no experience because they can underpay them. Everyone in management is secretive about commission plans because they discriminate.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. The reason why you have such dramatic turnover is because of the way you mistreat and underpay your people.

Worked for Venteon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Venteon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Venteon CEO Cedric Corera. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Venteon employees.