Venterra Realty

Updated September 22, 2014
4.5

Venterra Realty Co-Founder, CEO & Director John Foresi
John Foresi

Best company to work with.

Current Employee - Maintenance Manager  in  Brunswick, GA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Brunswick, GA

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Venterra holds high standards and we also hold the same standards. This does not work for everybody. The ones that can work and maintain the high standards love it. Core values , training , compensation and my Venterra Family make it worth it.

Cons

I have no cons for Venterra. I was aware of the standards when I took the job.

Awesome company to work for, I can only describe it as one big family.

Current Employee - Maintenance Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training, Venterra will train and polish their employees to become the best version of them selves. Good Pay and the company really values what employees think. Venterra has a unique way to keep everyone engaged at work. This is a company that promotes within and all hard work is recognize. Richard Roos is the only (COO) I've worked for that takes the time to talk to all employees and see how there doing while touring any of our properties.

Cons

Not much for cons. I would be nice to be able to cash vacation time, once 80 hours of vacation are accrued you have to either take time off in a busy time of the year or continue to work without accruing vacation time.

Sep 22, 2014Recruiting Manager

We want to thank you for taking some time out of your day to provide your thoughts! It's great to hear that you're time with us has been positive and we want to encourage you to feel free to speak up ... More

happy to come to work every day

Current Employee - Maintenance Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Venterra has a lot to offer great benefits and fun things to strive for like wows better living and better way. You can grow within company and need I say more about the team I work with they are the best ever.

Cons

like with every multifamily company I have worked for is not enough time in the day to complete task at hand. Would like to see some training that would give maintenance some certifications.

I really do not have much to advise because they are rolling out new things all the time.

Sep 22, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that you're a fan of some of the initiatives that make us so unique and that you feel we're living up to our Leader Promise to "strive to promote from ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with a unique approach

Current Employee - Regional Maintenance Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Maintenance Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing I can say about Venterra is that the company cares about it's people and is intent on hiring those that fit with the culture of the company. The company is in a constant state of improvement and involves every employee in the process. The focus is on the quality of the product and the quality of the service. Customer satisfaction is HUGE. The good thing is, "customer" does not just refer to clients and potential clients, "customer" also refers to the employees. Employees that perform are recognized and rewarded. There is definitely a TEAM atmosphere that pervades throughout Venterra.

Cons

The company is definitely not for everyone. If you are not willing to take ownership of your responsibilities, constantly improve yourself, and search for a better way of doing your job, you might as well look elsewhere. Though I don't consider it a negative, the search for constant improvement and positive change can be challenging.

Continue to recognize achievements throughout the year. End of year awards are nice, but awards given immediately after a significant accomplishment or meeting a specific milestone are very gratifying.

Sep 22, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! It's great to hear that you've been happy on the Venterra team and we are looking forward to having you with us for years to come!

You're
    ... More

Venterra is the Best Career decision I have ever made, 7 years and looking forward to many more to come...

Current Employee - Regional Maintenance Manager  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Maintenance Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was hired as a Maintenance Manager in 2007 and Venterra recognized my hard work and dedication and promoted me to Regional Maintenance Manager in 2010. Venterra is A company that recognizes your efforts and builds on them. A company that is built on a foundation of Core Values that are non-negotiable. Venterra works very hard to drive employee satisfaction and creating a Culture/Environment were people enjoy coming to work.

Cons

It is hard to come up with "Cons" in speaking about Venterra. Venterra is a company that has very high standards and that may be difficult for some to adapt to.

I would like to see more conversation/input on Health Insurance Providers prior to changing them to prevent issues such as needing to change doctors, prescriptions, benefit coverage etc.

Sep 22, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! We're so glad to hear that you're years with us have been so positive. We're looking forward to many more to come, too! Thanks also for providing ... More

Outstanding!!

Current Employee - Senior Property Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Property Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company culture and enjoy the people I work with.

It is wonderful to work for a company that wants to help people!

Cons

Nothing, enjoy every bit of it.

Best management in Multifamily.

Sep 18, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! So glad to hear that you've been so happy being part of the Venterra team! We're looking forward to having you with us for many more years to ... More

Customer service inside and out

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is truly a rare instance when a company practices what they preach. Venterra is one of those companies. The Multi-Family Real Estate world is full of providers that market customer service as a cornerstone to apartment living, but there are only a few that actually place a strong focus on the effort in terms of programs and awards/support. The key is to support the effort from the top to the bottom. Venterra's leaders place a strong focus on providing exceptional customer service to the team members who, in turn, provide the same experience for our residents. Internal programs are highlighted with awards/prizes and include the Better Way - which offers the opportunity to identify areas for improvement and Better Living - which provides a forum for team members to create personal goals and cheer each other on to achieving personal milestones. These programs and the backing of senior leadership create a fun and very positive working environment.

Cons

Expectations are very high and demands placed on team members are equally challenging. While the company places a high value on work/life balance, those that do not place high emphasis on time management and personal organization will struggle to take advantage of the work/life opportunities. Be prepared to get to work!

Keep growing, but please work hard never to lose sight of the company roots and the commitment to your teams.

Aug 25, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the review! It's great to hear that you're happy with our leadership, initiatives, and our areas of focus. We're especially glad to hear that you've enjoyed our Better Living program ... More

One of my best career moves!

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoy coming to work every day. I love my team and the energy level in our office. Venterra's core values and expectations have raised my personal level of customer service expectations. We are expected to deliver the best customer service and always enhance the customer experience, and as employers, Venterra does the same for us. Venterra promotes a healthy family-work life, and has incentives for people who promote a better way of living. Vacation, personal days, paid holidays, award ceremonies, bonuses and personal recognition from upper management for a job well done are a part of the Venterra culture.

Cons

Compensation does not seem to be as high as other opportunities in the industry, but reasonable and with the other perks, well worth it.

Adding Sundays to our work week, should have been accompanied with additional compensation and work schedules allowing for 2 consecutive days off during the week as a company standard.

Aug 25, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! We're glad to hear that your values and ours are in line and look forward to you enjoying the match for years to come!

While the required

Love this company!

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time

Pros

They offer very attainable bonus structures, good pay, and outstanding company values.

Cons

They are very concerned about customer service, not realizing that the staff has a family life too. The weekends and late evenings does not allow us to spend as much time with our family as we would like.

Expecting mothers and fathers to work late and all weekend is a too much. We have family lives, soccer games, practices, etc. that we need to attend. Other companies do not expect so much. It makes it hard to find proper help because when they learn the hours involved, they are turned off.

Aug 20, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We're pleased to hear that you've been happy with us overall!

While we absolutely do put a huge focus on our current and future residents, we also always want to
    ... More

Venterra is an amazing company that cares about the staff and creates initiatives to show they appreciate you.

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Venterra Realty full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel appreciated when I do a good job. Sr management invests in me to help me grow as a person and employee. Staff meetings with Sr managements are weekly which are a great time to get one on one time with them.

Cons

VERY VERY large work load. The work load and what is expected of staff is much larger than at other companies.

Keep up the great work but try to remember what it is like to be onsite.

Jul 30, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! So glad to hear that the open communication during your one on one manager huddles has been beneficial. Hopefully these talks also help to ... More

Worked for Venterra Realty? Contribute to the Community!