Ventura Foods Reviews

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

Christopher (Chris) Furman

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Accounts Payable  in  Saginaw, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Saginaw, TX

I worked at Ventura Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay, great people, great benefits

Cons

waiting on other departments to provide necessary paperwork to be able to complete my job, points system, personal growth

hopeful but disappointing...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I worked at Ventura Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family oriented, free luncheons, business casual, fun luncheons & prizes!

Cons

strict, no direction, reorganization changes, core values changing,

treat your employees better, work on the management and supervisor core, too much politics, a bit of corruption from the management level that people don't see, original core values of company is gone, the company integrity for employees is not the same as it once used to be and atmosphere culture is displeasing as it once was. Dissatisfied with company changes. Glad the customer and your numbers are higher but you sacrificed your employees happiness during the process.

Friendly people and work space

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Brea, CA

I worked at Ventura Foods as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Good co-workers, friendly, good work-life balance

Cons

CAREER GROWTH IN TERMS OF POSITIONS IS HARD

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rats,roaches, dirty restrooms, people spittting on floors.

Current Employee - Line Worker  in  Saginaw, TX
    Current Employee - Line Worker in Saginaw, TX

I have been working at Ventura Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

no pros, just dirty plant!!

Cons

Dirty warehouse plant, with roaches!!

Dont buy there product!!!

Terrible, a joke, unorganized, comical at how things are run and handled.

Former Employee - Purchasing  in  Opelousas, LA
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Opelousas, LA

I worked at Ventura Foods part-time for more than a year

Pros

NONE. Any person with an education that can find another job will not stay one week at this place.

Cons

You feel like you are the most intelligent person there bc everyone is so ignorant and LAZY.

Advice to management? LMAO what management?? WHAT A J O K E. The Opelousas division needs to be shut DOWN. How they treat the outside of the "company" is how the employees and also inside is treated. DISGUSTING place to work don't even know how this is a FOOD plant. Rats in the walls, HORSE FLIES flying over your head bc of the dead creatures in the walls. They do not face up to ANYTHING or have the BALLS to do it. The "managers" expect you to do their job for them and EVERYONE IS LAZY!!!! Seriously needs to be looked into by the California plants. When Creppy goes to visit they rig everything up but you can't hid everything forever. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!!

Good company that is going through a transition.

I have been working at Ventura Foods full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salaries are competitive within the industry and the ownership is investing in operations. Produces a range of high quality products that perform well in their respective categories. Great people throughout the organization that have built this company.

Cons

New leadership in Operations is driving increased turnover that is not in the best interest of the organization. The culture that is developing is not a positive one for the production facilities.

Take a hard look at the culture that is developing within the Operations team.

Wonderful company to be a part of

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Ventura Foods

Pros

I've been employed with company for over 15 years. I started as an hourly employee and worked my way up in to my current position. This company has been going through change over the last 4 years. A new vision and mission for the company has been established and shared. The investment in employee development is happening and in the future this will mean even more chance for advancement from within. With caring, hard work, dedication this company will care and take care of you. The benefits are outstanding for a manufacturing plant and with recent changes to our facility in st joe the rate of pay for our production will increase greatly over the next two years. I'm happy and proud to be a part of these changes and the growth of this company.

Cons

The hours are long and at times it is stressful. But all and all it's worth it.

To continue to listen to your employees and take action on the items you can and communicate back on the ones you can't with the reasons why.

Extremely High Turnover Among Supervision/Management in Ontario

Current Employee - Worker  in  Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Worker in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Ventura Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They pay well and its a good business to be in. The products are good and sell very well. Good benefits. Stable work.

Cons

The Ontario facility is not very visionary. Penny wise and pound foolish. You never know who your next boss is going to be or how long they will last. Around 50 Supervisors/Managers have left in the past 4 years and no red flag has been raised. Bonuses are only paid to Managers and not Supervisors even though the Supervisors are made to work weekends without compensation. Short term gains are made at the expense of long term returns.

Bring in an indifferent confidential consultant to poll the employees (all) about the issues in the plant with specific questions aimed at the management. Yes, you will get some whining and complaining. But, make it clear that you want to hear specific examples of how this impacts productivity. Ask them to rate the managers on an objective scale and see what you find out.

Awesome Company Overall

Current Employee - Finance  in  Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Brea, CA

I have been working at Ventura Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has really good benefits, extremely good products and definitely GREAT people!! Great atmosphere and tons of happy and encouraging people.

Cons

Promoting from with in horrible! Their time off policy is not that great, if you take 5 sick days a year you're a horrible person. Even if it is something you get stuck in the hospital for. Seems ridiculous.

I really think that management should look within the company more often than outside. Opportunity for personal growth is needed.

Very good company

I have been working at Ventura Foods full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very good pay, excellent benefits, easy work.

Cons

Work a lot of hours. Sometimes you feel the management is out of the loop.

Be more in tune with your employees. Ask what they are thinking. Hire more staff.

Worked for Ventura Foods? Contribute to the Community!