Venture Reviews

Wong Ngit Liong

1. Great place to learn

Current Employee - Buyer in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Venture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You are provided a number of opportunities to learn a wide variety of duties. The pay is not the best and the hours can be long.

Cons

Highly stressful on occasion. But what job isn't. No real bonuses.

2. Contractor

I worked at Venture

Pros

No supervision nor management. Every engineers freely works on their own, once get stuck, thing drags on and on forever without any kind of management, so projects end up in failure

3. A Living Nightmare.

Former Employee - Buyer in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Buyer in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Venture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I did learn some new aspects within purchasing. Also it was very useful to learn SAP a very powerful ERP system. Some of the people/co-workers were a delight to work with. If you can endure this place for more than 1 year you can work anywhere! It doesn't get worse than this...

Cons

It was a volatile environment with people not communicating professionally and yelling at you. The pay was low for the volume of work that was given to you. Most of the job did not utilize the SAP program to its maximum potential. Most things were done with Excel spreadsheets. Buyers have no purchasing approval authority.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing employees.

5. Blue Chip Company

Former Employee - Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Venture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company with good management team. Employees are extremely self motivated. Opportunities exist for employees who wants to perform well. Fair remuneration scale.

Cons

Personal interest of some senior management interferes with their work and objectivity. Management style is too top down at times. Should try to be more inclusive with employees and listen to their inputs and provide more feedback loop.

6. It was a fairly positive experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Venture

Pros

I was able to use every talent that I had, and i always felt appreciated for contributing to daily functions

Cons

There was a lot of overtime that was unrewarded because of the nature of the budget. It's okay until you are doing it all the time

Advice to Management

Just keep treating your employees well, and when the option is available, do offer them financial incentives and bonuses (whenever that may be)

7. It is nice place to work at

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Venture

Pros

very harmonise environment, great coworker relationship

Cons

job scope is not defined very well

Advice to Management

Pls judge the employee's performance based on his value added NOT based on how many physical hour he/she contributed

8. Not a place for long term employment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Venture

Pros

Friendly staff Good engineering team Very flexible working conditions A good place to start working

Cons

Company morale for non-managers tends to be very low No clear career advancement paths Lacking corporate support for US locations Benefits and salary are lacking

Advice to Management

Management and employee teams are out of touch. Look to grow company wide instead of just meeting the status quo. Work on employee satisfaction, there seems to be little to no pride for employment in the company.

9. Administrative Assistant, Customer Service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Venture (More than a year)

Pros

Working At Venture Designs, I was able to use my skills I learned and Graduated At SCIT. I also learned SAP, a great software, I used FED-X & UPS for Tracking, just a excellent company to work for. I also learn about Micros, Touchscreen, LCD, Finger Readers, Motherboards.

Cons

The pay wasn't the best for Orange County Area, and too many furlong days.

10. Test Engineer

Former Employee - Test Engineer
    Former Employee - Test Engineer

I worked at Venture

Pros

- Flexi hours given to their employees - Profit Sharing shared among staff

Cons

- No career advancement opportunity, work just keep piling in until you can't take it anymore - Heavy office politics among the staffs - The management has a bad sense of direction to steer the company out of it's recent bad comings; policies are introduced to reduce the employee's benefits while the top management still kept on to this own benefits - Profit sharing received by employees for Penang (Malaysia) branch and Johor (Malaysia) branch has different measuring system. Penang has a performance rating system, while Johor enjoyed 100% profit sharing among staff. Keep in mind that both company are under the same management system in Singapore. - Stingy when it comes to spending money; be it equipment purchase, hiring, scrap cost etc.

Advice to Management

- The mangement should stop being the YES man and start fighting for the Penang employee rights during corporate meetings - Penang management should stop being stingy and start hiring people to fill in the places of those who have left. Apparently due to excessive staffs leaving the company, now a single person would have to handle the workload of 3 -4 person. This rings the same for managerial posts too.

11. Snr Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Ang Mo Kio New Town (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Ang Mo Kio New Town (Singapore)

I worked at Venture full-time

Pros

good place ro learn about printer mechanism

Cons

Budget tightening are a culture

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

RSS Feed </> Embed