Ventyx

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
2.3

Jens Birgersson

Pros
  • Allowed us toflei work from home a day a week or whenever we were not feeling great (in 6 reviews)

• Unfortunately all pros are long gone and very few good people are left (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No training (except the overly burdensome ABB integrity courses) (in 5 reviews)

• Lack of mentorship, training, communication from senior management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Going through lots of change thus creating challenges.

I have been working at Ventyx full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity and potential. Good compensation and good people to work with. The folks appear to want to do the right thing.

Cons

They have updated their product portfolio and may have taken on too many changes too quickly. Lots of s/w bugs and lack of resources to quickly address fixes. Product and delivery issues impacting new opportunities.

Lackluster

I worked at Ventyx as a contractor

Pros

Free Gym and the free food on fridays and the cheap vending machine and free parking

Cons

do not work here you are warned

Your manager won't remember your name

Current Employee - Anonymous in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Ventyx full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are relatively good and if you stick around long enough, you will get raises. Some nice co-workers.

Cons

No one really cares about your progress and there is literally no training or support for growth. You will learn your tiny set of tasks and they will just hope you do them in your corner quietly. I wish I was just a bitter employee regurgitating this like many other reviews, unfortunately, this is the truth. If you know SQL and have real skills -- don't even consider coming here if you want to grow. This is the Boulder office I speak of, by the way.

Since the management at Ventyx in Boulder actually started their original company to escape from a larger corporate overlord (i.e. McGraw Hill) -- they might want to remember what their original vision was. Now, they are pretty much just the puppets of ABB. They don't care about their people getting better and they probably never will. If you can take your skills somewhere else -- I speak from experience -- DO IT NOW!

From the glue that held it all together, it is a good first experience to jump start career...

I worked at Ventyx full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

best group of people (worker bee's), health insurance, working towards improvement

Cons

no growth opportunity; no development or coaching; exec and senior level is paid WAY too much while the individual contributors who do all the work are severely under paid. Improvement/Change is taking too much time. Favoritism/Conflict of interest with parent/child or spouse/spouse relationships in same office.

Develop the talent already in place rather than letting them go (one way or the other); Start engaging with employees more- not all middle managers (or senior for that matter) really know what is going on.

Good company but they are still not settled.

Former Employee - Tech Lead in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Tech Lead in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ventyx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They bring in food every Friday morning, have their own social club that plans events, they have discounted drink machines. They are constantly getting new business and pay high salaries.

Cons

Ventyx is in a state of internal disarray. They are still trying to get their processes together. The I.T. Dept is particularly bad. Ventyx like most companies wants to do more with less. To do that, you have to have quality I.T. support staff. Those staff have to be motivated by something. They have to actually care about their work and work as a team.

A company in disarray and decline

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ventyx full-time

Pros

Many opportunities with the parent company as it is a very large, diverse company.

Cons

Non-stop fire drill mode due to poor financial performance. Morale is horrible. Work-life balance is non-existent. Talent is being wasted spinning wheels on parent company pressure. Data and systems are the worst I've ever seen.

Weak top leadership. CEO is used to taking companies in good shape and making them better. He is not a turn around guy at all. Other senior leaders could be effective but the systems are horrible and doing the simplest tasks are time consuming.

Great Atmosphere & People

I have been working at Ventyx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very personable CIO, he's very friendly and probably the only executive that walks around and establishes relationships and talks to people. I guess that's important considering it is a software company.

Cons

Not a very diverse top line.

Top Line should establish relationships throughout the office.

So far, so good...

I have been working at Ventyx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My direct team is phenomonal! We woro to achieve the company aligned goals and we do it well as a team.

Cons

Onboarding, or lack there of, needs major work. From what I have seen and heard, the way in which employees are terminated is quite harsh. I understand this is a company and they have to protect their company but these are also people who have to protect their families. If there have been no warnings or 'write ups' then why be so harsh to a person that didn't see it coming? That won't get us to 'a great place to work' anytime soon!

Care about your people not just your results. You may see better results and invest in QUALITY people if you took 5 minutes to see how their day is going OR ask if they need anything to make their job easier.

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ventyx full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for after the mergers where completed, the mergers were bad as they all are. Great group of people to work with.

Cons

Available work has it's ups and downs as management was focused more on re-direction post merge i.e. they took on too many merges.

Great company to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ventyx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sr Management cares, great benefits

Cons

Middle management is not inline with Sr management. Old technologies, decision making

Make fast decision