Veolia Transdev

Updated September 6, 2014
2.8

Veolia Transdev CEO Jérôme Gallot
Jérôme Gallot

Pros
  • The good people really make you appreciate what you are doing for the community (in 3 reviews)

• good equipment, friendly and decent lower level management, easy access to job sites, good access to union reps, lots of overtime if wanted (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Cheap angry customers, customers treated poorly, low pay, they barely care about the employees (in 3 reviews)

• Some properties spoil the drivers (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

This is a great company.

I have been working at Veolia Transdev

Pros

They are about safety. They treat their employes well. Working at some properties is like being with family. Very professional.

Cons

Some property's are monitored very well by corporate. Some properties spoil the drivers.

Reward the people that work hard. Not the ones that take credit for other peoples work.

Great Company

Former Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL

I worked at Veolia Transdev full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent company with good values and pro active management.

Cons

Lots of change underway as company re-sizes to compensate for loss of some large contracts during past 2 years.

Keep investing in technology to stay ahead of the curve.

Do NOT work in the Payroll Dept!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Veolia Transdev full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Location if you live in the area.

Cons

Directors are back stabbing and careless. HR is nothing but a huge click. Your either in or not. They have token employees who get away with anything.

Learn people skills.

Working at Veolia was so demanding. The environment is so fast paced.

Former Employee - Coach Operator in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Coach Operator in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Veolia Transdev full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to meet a lot of good people. The good people really make you appreciate what you are doing for the community.

Cons

No matter what the situation is everything bad is your fault. The customers rely so much on that schedule, instead of making better preparation.

Listen to and show some compassion to your employees. Employees are the face of the company, the ones who represent the brand to the general public.

Life Work Balance

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant/Receptionist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant/Receptionist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Veolia Transdev full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like the people here.

Cons

Life/work balance is really lousy. I've only been here one hear and am finally eligible for 5 paid vacation days. Sick time is a joke. After one year, 1 day. After two years, 3 days.

Value your employees.

Total rip-off!

Current Employee - Driver in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Driver in Denver, CO

I have been working at Veolia Transdev as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Easy money( when busy). Very flexible in terms of time. You're your own boss.

Cons

Too much pressure. Lease, too expensive. Too much bureaucracy.

Drop your lease fees, or better yet take a percentage instead, so it lifts the burden off drivers.

Don't Work Here

Former Employee - Bus Operator in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Bus Operator in Englewood, CO

I worked at Veolia Transdev full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paid Training, Nice Trainers, Friendly Co Workers

Cons

If you like working split shifts with up to 15 hours out of your day and not having ANY time to do anything else and you like to be paid the lowest wage out of any of the contractors in the RTD fleet by 2.25 per hour then this is the place for you! And if you like to try and sleep so your a safe and rested driver in there "quiet" room then good luck because you get to listen to people yell and play pool the whole time. There discipline system is entirely based on favoritism and their scheduling is poor at best. You have no time to rest and unwind when you get home its strait to bed and strait back to work in at 4 sometimes 5 in the morning. And be sure and be early! Because they DO NOT give you nessecary pre trip inspection time but expect it to be done perfect and expect you to pull out on time. Also the union is an absolute mess with frequent power struggles. There is constant miscommunication on the part of management to the drivers and if something is wrong you get blamed no matter what. The equipment they lease from RTD is poorly maintained frequently the buses are blowing smoke from the exhaust and check engine lights are on and nothing is done about it. The company has FREQUENT accidents that I suspect have a lot to do with lack of rest. One of my trainers was out and out insane and I had no idea how he still held a CDL license let alone a job and more especially a TRAINING position. They lied during my interview saying I may have one or two split shift a week not 5. All in all this place is a joke in comparison with First Transit, MV, or Via if you want to drive for RTD go to one of them or RTD themselves this place is ridiculous at best.

Figure out a better way of scheduling your people so they are not out of there homes 15 hours a day. Figure out how to communicate with your drivers about problems. MOVE THE QUIET ROOM. GET YOUR WAGES UP TO DATE. MAINTAIN YOUR EQUIPMENT. ALLOW MORE TIME FOR PRE TRIP INSPECTIONS.

compliment

Former Employee - Driver in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Driver in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Veolia Transdev full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I;ve been employed for the last 4 years with Veolia! They have been very helpful during these last few weeks! I'm sorry they lost the bid! I will truly miss working for them!

Cons

Non that I can think of.

My Work Experience

Former Employee - Transportation Supervisor in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Transportation Supervisor in Norcross, GA

I worked at Veolia Transdev full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It could have been a wonderful place to work with a good manager/operational manager.

Cons

Main objective was to stay in good grace with the overseers of the contract. If they did not make a stink all was well. Managers were not focused in the day to day operations. Managers were being manipulated. Supervisors were not allowed to participate in decisions of operation, or brain storming of problems..

Abide by the contract they had with the city and develop a pleasant place to work and for employees to be proud of the company they worked for. Listen to advice of the Road Supervisors and Drivers.

Very organized.

Former Employee - Class "C" Bus Mechanic in North Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Class "C" Bus Mechanic in North Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Veolia Transdev full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of shop equipment and tools

Cons

To many supervisors and not enough parts.

More involvement with employments.