Veolia Transportation

compliment

Driver (Former Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Veolia Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI;ve been employed for the last 4 years with Veolia! They have been very helpful during these last few weeks! I'm sorry they lost the bid! I will truly miss working for them!

ConsNon that I can think of.

Don't Work Here

Bus Operator (Former Employee)
Englewood, CO

I worked at Veolia Transportation full-time for less than a year

ProsPaid Training, Nice Trainers, Friendly Co Workers

ConsIf you like working split shifts with up to 15 hours out of your day and not having ANY time to do anything else and you like to be paid the lowest wage out of any of the contractors in the RTD fleet by 2.25 per hour then this is the place for you! And if you like to try and sleep so your a safe and rested driver in there "quiet" room then good luck because you get to listen to people yell and play pool the whole time. There discipline system is entirely based on favoritism and their scheduling is poor at best. You have no time to rest and unwind when you get home its strait to bed and strait back to work in at 4 sometimes 5 in the morning. And be sure and be early! Because they DO NOT give you nessecary pre trip inspection time but expect it to be done perfect and expect you to pull out on time. Also the union is an absolute mess with frequent power struggles. There is constant miscommunication on the part of management to the drivers and if something is wrong you get blamed no matter what. The equipment they lease from RTD is poorly maintained frequently the buses are blowing smoke from the exhaust and check engine lights are on and nothing is done about it. The company has FREQUENT accidents that I suspect have a lot to do with lack of rest. One of my trainers was out and out insane and I had no idea how he still held a CDL license let alone a job and more especially a TRAINING position. They lied during my interview saying I may have one or two split shift a week not 5. All in all this place is a joke in comparison with First Transit, MV, or Via if you want to drive for RTD go to one of them or RTD themselves this place is ridiculous at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a better way of scheduling your people so they are not out of there homes 15 hours a day. Figure out how to communicate with your drivers about problems. MOVE THE QUIET ROOM. GET YOUR WAGES UP TO DATE. MAINTAIN YOUR EQUIPMENT. ALLOW MORE TIME FOR PRE TRIP INSPECTIONS.

My Work Experience

Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee)
Norcross, GA

I worked at Veolia Transportation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIt could have been a wonderful place to work with a good manager/operational manager.

ConsMain objective was to stay in good grace with the overseers of the contract. If they did not make a stink all was well. Managers were not focused in the day to day operations. Managers were being manipulated. Supervisors were not allowed to participate in decisions of operation, or brain storming of problems..

Advice to Senior ManagementAbide by the contract they had with the city and develop a pleasant place to work and for employees to be proud of the company they worked for. Listen to advice of the Road Supervisors and Drivers.

Very organized.

Class "C" Bus Mechanic (Former Employee)
North Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Veolia Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPlenty of shop equipment and tools

ConsTo many supervisors and not enough parts.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore involvement with employments.

It pays the bills.

Employee Training Manager (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Veolia Transportation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPeople are mostly east to work with.

ConsThe firm accepts under performance as a trade of for low wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop excellence and remove under performers quickly.

They will hire you to fire you!

Bus Operator (Former Employee)
Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Veolia Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsReasonable pay and generous benefits. Lots of overtime.

ConsThis is micromanagement at its best! They will find any reason to fire you and in some cases make up a reason. Poor communication among the management and supervisory team. Terrible training. The training is designed to make you fail, hence, making it easy to terminate you. This comment applies specifically to the Chula Vista, CA location, which operates bus routes under contract with the San Diego's Metropolitan Transit Systems......oh, and before I forget.....corrupt organization with the union (Teamsters 683). They have fired 5 supervisors and managers for embezzling funds from the company in the past 3 years. [THIS ONE IS TRUE, YOU WILL HAVE BETTER CHANCES AT A PROMOTION OR JOB SECURITY IF YOU BUY SOME KNEEPADS]

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! I know your shareholders and venture capitalists must be proud of you.

SuperShuttle: Easy work, high stress, low pay, bad management.

Telephone Reservationist (Former Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I worked at Veolia Transportation full-time for more than a year

ProsThey seem to always be hiring, even when the economy is bad.

ConsCheap angry customers, customers treated poorly, low pay, they barely care about the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement team is very weak. I recommend implementing new in house management training.

Unreliable

Transit Supervisor (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Veolia Transportation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent pay. Blah blah blah blah blah

ConsBad management. Misjudges situation. Deceptive, No integrity.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn people skills

not good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed Route Operator (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Veolia Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

Prosa job....working.............meeting and working with the the public........

Consfighting to keep your job

Advice to Senior ManagementCARE

Catch 22

Ambassador (Former Employee)
Norcross, GA

I worked at Veolia Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgot to give information to people who were new to the area and wanted to know about service

Consdidn't listen to complaints or ideas that they asked me for

Worked for Veolia Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Veolia Transportation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Veolia Transportation CEO Mark L. Joseph. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by Veolia Transportation employees.