Ver-A-Fast

  www.verafast.com
  www.verafast.com

Ver-A-Fast Reviews

3 Reviews
1.9
3 Reviews

Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO
(no image)
CEO
0 Ratings

Employee Reviews

Sort: Popular Rating Date
  1. 2 people found this helpful  

    If you like long hours for no money, this job is for you!

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee

    I worked at Ver-A-Fast part-time (more than an year)

    Pros

    You "only" had to commit to 15 hours a week, with various time slots being mandatory. The calls were easy and usually went pretty fast.

    Cons

    You don't get paid for wrong numbers or disconnected phone numbers. (Basically any number that didn't give you a PERSON at a residence). Told you can work extra shifts, and then are told to sign out 10 minutes into said shift.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Get a clue.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
  2. 1 person found this helpful  

    Not worth your time if you need to pay the bills

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Denver, CO

    I worked at Ver-A-Fast as a contractor (less than an year)

    Pros

    People were nice for the most part. Software worked pretty well. I suppose if you just wanted some extra chump change for kicks then this is the job for you. Company has been around for a pretty long time but I am not sure how.

    Cons

    Low low low pay. Misleading in Interview. 90% of calls are answering machines, the other 10% are people who really do not want to talk to you. Pushed to make sales all the time. You will be pushing newspapers and advertising papers thrown in people's driveways, I mean...who wants that? You can choose your hours within certain timeslots which sounds good but you need to work all time slots to make any money worth mentioning. Working all time slots means you work a split shift every day. You are expected to go to training sessions called webinars which are not paid and almost always turn into gripe sessions about how employees are doing everything wrong. You have a "manager" that you keep in touch with but good luck getting them to email you back. There is no help on calls. None. They listen to your calls later and then send you an email saying everything you did wrong. You are not paid by the hour, or by the call, or by talk time. You are paid by a credit system that pretty much ensures that you will next to nothing on all calls you don't make sales on.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Stop taking out your job and life stress on what employees you have left. It is bad enough that you do not pay anyone for those "webinars" but to shame and demoralize them the entire time they are in one is pointless. Be more honest with people when they are hired and tell them that 98% of people who are hired for this job cannot pay the bills with it.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
  3. 2 people found this helpful  

    Decent but somewhat misleading

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

    I have been working at Ver-A-Fast

    Pros

    The best thing about this position is that it is a work at home opportunity. That means no commute, a quick transition from personal time to work time, and extremely flexible scheduling. They advanced me quickly to other projects away from cold calling.

    Cons

    The biggest downside here is that the pay was extremely low due to low commissions. I was making around minimum wage despite exceeding my quotas.

    The other major down side was that I was told originally this was a market research position. I researched it, and found out it was cold calling sales. I was fine with that, but most people wouldn't be happy about the deception.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Don't advertise this as a market research position. Be honest with potential employees. Raise your commissions. Newspapers are hurting, and they're paying huge bonus' for people who sell subscriptions. Take advantage of that to pay your employees more. You've got a virtual sales force, and old software. That means low overhead. Spend money on the people who are the face of your company.

Work at Ver-A-Fast? Share Your Experiences

Ver-A-Fast

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.