Ver-A-Fast Reviews

CEO

1. Independent Contractor

Current Employee - Independent Contractor
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor

I have been working at Ver-A-Fast part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can work from home with some flexible hours, although you have to work within their reserved hours

Cons

Don't waste your time with this lying company! You can make more money working for minimum wage! I'm fixing to quit because if you don't get your 16 hours in a week, your pay is practically nothing! I am having trouble getting my hours in because when I log in to work, they will be out of work for the day. Don't waste your time with Verafast unless you want to work for low low pay!

Advice to Management

Get management that does not lie!

I wish I had listened.

Former Freelancer - Independent Contractor
    Former Freelancer - Independent Contractor

I worked at Ver-A-Fast (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home is about the only pro this company has as a whole.

Cons

I wish I had heeded the reviews on here before accept a contract with Ver-A-Fast. I saw the reviews, but I thought they were slightly exaggerated. I mean no company would treat their workers so horribly or pay them so little for that much work, right? Wrong. Ver-A-Fast is that company. I worked an entirety of 16 hours my first shift after training, because my liar of an AC told me that I'd be able to make $200-$300 for working that long. And I was excited, I mean, who wouldn't be. My check came in the mail, and I'd only managed to make $20 for the 16 hours of work I did. Work that had me calling people that sometimes got angry enough to crap on your life, because you called them because you were just doing your job. I quit so fast, it wasn't even funny. I'd rather work 16 hours in a real life setting and make decent money, than work for this parasitic company. I honestly don't know how they've managed to stay in business this long without their Independent Contractors going on strike or starting a virtual riot. But I guess there will always be new suckers (me) that they can lie to and get to work for literally pennies. My advice to anyone wanting to contract with this company is, don't. But if you still feel the need to test out the waters for yourself, I advise you to block out everything you interviewer and AC tell you about the company. They will lure you into feeling comfortable with them, by being nice and complementing you, then they will lie to you. They'll tell you that they were promoted to being an AC because they were so good at being a caller, and that'll give you hope, but it's one of the biggest lies they'll tell you. Only second to the lies about make up to $300 in one week and how easy the job is. Run away from this company and save yourself, because if you work for them, you probably won't even make back the amount of money they asked you to use to send in your contract.

Advice to Management

Dissolve your company or pay your workers an hourly wage, because I'm aware that the companies you contract for pay a lot of money for the work we do. Except that the workers only get a fraction of that money and the rest is pocketed by executives, while the IC's work for next to nothing. That's despicable.

3. RUN

Pros

Work from home, flexible schedule somewhat

Cons

Make no money. Got my first check today and made 14.52. Literally putting 16 hours a week in for pennies. Not worth wasting your time.

Not worth your time if you need to pay the bills

Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Denver, CO
    Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Denver, CO

I worked at Ver-A-Fast as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

People were nice for the most part. Software worked pretty well. I suppose if you just wanted some extra chump change for kicks then this is the job for you. Company has been around for a pretty long time but I am not sure how.

Cons

Low low low pay. Misleading in Interview. 90% of calls are answering machines, the other 10% are people who really do not want to talk to you. Pushed to make sales all the time. You will be pushing newspapers and advertising papers thrown in people's driveways, I mean...who wants that? You can choose your hours within certain timeslots which sounds good but you need to work all time slots to make any money worth mentioning. Working all time slots means you work a split shift every day. You are expected to go to training sessions called webinars which are not paid and almost always turn into gripe sessions about how employees are doing everything wrong. You have a "manager" that you keep in touch with but good luck getting them to email you back. There is no help on calls. None. They listen to your calls later and then send you an email saying everything you did wrong. You are not paid by the hour, or by the call, or by talk time. You are paid by a credit system that pretty much ensures that you will next to nothing on all calls you don't make sales on.

Advice to Management

Stop taking out your job and life stress on what employees you have left. It is bad enough that you do not pay anyone for those "webinars" but to shame and demoralize them the entire time they are in one is pointless. Be more honest with people when they are hired and tell them that 98% of people who are hired for this job cannot pay the bills with it.

If you like long hours for no money, this job is for you!

I worked at Ver-A-Fast part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You "only" had to commit to 15 hours a week, with various time slots being mandatory. The calls were easy and usually went pretty fast.

Cons

You don't get paid for wrong numbers or disconnected phone numbers. (Basically any number that didn't give you a PERSON at a residence). Told you can work extra shifts, and then are told to sign out 10 minutes into said shift.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

Decent but somewhat misleading

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

Pros

The best thing about this position is that it is a work at home opportunity. That means no commute, a quick transition from personal time to work time, and extremely flexible scheduling. They advanced me quickly to other projects away from cold calling.

Cons

The biggest downside here is that the pay was extremely low due to low commissions. I was making around minimum wage despite exceeding my quotas. The other major down side was that I was told originally this was a market research position. I researched it, and found out it was cold calling sales. I was fine with that, but most people wouldn't be happy about the deception.

Advice to Management

Don't advertise this as a market research position. Be honest with potential employees. Raise your commissions. Newspapers are hurting, and they're paying huge bonus' for people who sell subscriptions. Take advantage of that to pay your employees more. You've got a virtual sales force, and old software. That means low overhead. Spend money on the people who are the face of your company.

RSS Feed </> Embed