Vera Bradley

Updated November 10, 2014
Updated November 10, 2014
3.7

Robert Wallstrom

Pros
  • They focus on making connections and relationships with the customers and it really creates a great work environment (in 6 reviews)

• Great discount if you like cotton quilted handbags (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no such thing as "full time sales associate" at this company (in 5 reviews)

• They are more likely to hire from outside the company than promote from within (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great! Amazing people and culture. The company is changing rapidly and there are many opportunities to learn and develop

Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Vera Bradley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are open, honest and approachable.

Cons

Benefits are changing and not for the better. The health benefits are declining and not what they were two years ago. Training is an opportunity. It needs to be more structured and consistent. It tends to be on the job and in the moment. Could be greatly improved.

Focus more on innovative product offerings in quality fabrications. Would recommend bringing in another designer with fresh ideas to work with existing design team.

Great place to work!

I worked at Vera Bradley

Pros

Flexible, honest, driven by the guest experience.

Cons

Minimum hours seems to be the trend which is understandable due to business needs.

Awesome!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Concord, NC

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is great! The people are nice! The hours are nice! Managers are understanding and will let you go home early if you really need to and there isn't a huge amount of business

Cons

The schedule needs to be more even for people but there is understanding considering its a new place
    Hopefully there will be more people on the team soon

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Central Valley, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Central Valley, NY

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really good training, friendly people, flexible managers and hours. Everyone who works there has a great personality and sticks to the Girls Best Friend. I really enjoyed working with the people there even the managers.

Cons

The customers tend to expect huge discounts, and sometimes can fight about it. The scheduling can sometimes be a pain. There aren't too many cons to this job I usually had a great experience working for this company

Fun upbeat place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nonesuch, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nonesuch, MI

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The team is great and so is the discount.

Cons

Constantly running sales and promotions as well as competing with the sales on-line. Women are always looking for a "deal" instead of wanting to come in and pay a fair price for a great item.

None

Good values for a specialty retailer

I have been working at Vera Bradley

Pros

The pay is higher than most specialty retailers.

Cons

The work life balance is not the best that I have seen.

unique product and humanitarian effort but poor management recruitment who can careless about what the company is about

Former Employee - Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Vera Bradley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

health benefits. regular customers. support breast cancer foundation.

Cons

very very incompetent management team. store that i worked for had no cameras so management team took advantage of it by spending more time in the back office/stockroom majority (85%) of the day. for you GM reading this I just want to let you know they weren't near a computer or a telephone. only time they did their job was when we had a corporate visit.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Vera Bradley part-time

Pros

I love the company and the discounts. I felt appreciated as an employee. My managers and coworkers were fantastic! They were so flexible and encouraging. The customers are nice and passionate about the products. I worked part time and then I worked as a seasonal employee for a few years. They were always so flexible when it came to working seasonal. Overall, I had a great experience at Vera Bradley.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints.

They love their employees and really make it enjoyable to come to work!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay and the managers are amazing and knowledgable!

Cons

You have to be super attentive to detail and everything has to be perfect at all times. Company policy really strives for perfection always.

Not what it seems at all.

I worked at Vera Bradley (more than an year)

Pros

Great discount. Pay is above average for retail. Customers are nice and friendly. Team sales versus individual sales.
    A beautiful store with an expensive piece of art on the wall.

Cons

Company fired one of the two Assistant Managers due to a company wide policy because of lower sales.
    In our store they kept the Assistant Manager that had more issues and was less qualified because she had more time in
    her position. BIG MISTAKE. Upper Management does not listen to employees and HR always sides
    with management regardless of the truth. Almost every associate has left and management and HR still haven't addressed the issues. Now that Assistant Manager is a Manager. The tardy policy is a joke, the new manager strolls in late within days of her promotion, however the associates are tardy after 1 minute. A backwards way to set an example.

Don't promote just because someone has been there for years and you fell sorry for them. Listen to the associates in the store. Listen and have your eyes open.The managers are staying in the back and not doing their job. Put cameras in the backroom so managers can be monitored. Have random surveys that associates fill out about management. If everyone is saying the same thing, then it probably is true.