Vera Bradley Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Robert Wallstrom

Pros
  • Great discount if you like cotton quilted handbags (in 7 reviews)

• Great product, good pay, The customers are happy pleasant people who make your day totally worth being there (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no such thing as "full time sales associate" at this company (in 5 reviews)

• They bring people into management with promises of advancements and continually hire from outside the company (in 3 reviews)

1. Shipping Clerk / Dock Coordinator

Former Employee - Shipping Clerk/Dock Coordinator in Roanoke, IN
    Former Employee - Shipping Clerk/Dock Coordinator in Roanoke, IN

I worked at Vera Bradley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Set hours, discount on product, little perks from company, good benefits

Cons

high stress job in certain areas, some supervisors play favorites, supervisors and higher ups have a disconnect from FT employees

Sales Consultant

I worked at Vera Bradley full-time

Pros

Wonderful people....true feeling of family. Flexibility of job. Decent benefits, and good MTO package. Salary is at the top for the gift industry.

Cons

Business is volatile...challenged with attrition of retailers. Often working far more than 40 hours due to events, paperwork, and projects...just be prepared for that.

Advice to Management

Listen to your sales consultants...they are on the front line of what's going on in the industry. Minimize paperwork and reports.

3. Full faith in leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Vera Bradley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior leadership has painted a very clear picture of what the road looks like - It will not be easy but I am 100% committed to the vision. I couldn't be more excited about the products and consider myself huge brand ambassador.

Cons

Lack of resources due to tough times.

5. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Vera Bradley (Less than a year)

Pros

Lifelong friends, discount is good, a lot of perks

Cons

Unprofessional management & poor store management

6. sales consultant

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Star, ID
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Star, ID

I worked at Vera Bradley (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company and even better people. I enjoyed my entire seven years with Vera Bradley. Greg Morrow

Cons

No cons other than always changing what in my opinion was what made them great!

7. Pros of Vera Bradley

Pros

Great people and great company to work for. Every sales associate and manager get a long really well and the environment is playful and fun.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

8. Great company.

Former Employee - GA Georgia in Dawsonville, GA
    Former Employee - GA Georgia in Dawsonville, GA

I worked at Vera Bradley (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working part-time in sales.

Cons

There are no cons. Great company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Seasonal employment

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time

Pros

Great place to work in. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. Very flexible as well.

Cons

The store gets kind of empty after school starts so it gets boring sometimes.

10. PT Associate

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great discounts on top of already reduced prices. Pay isn't bad at all depending on your needs and is somewhat above average if you get good hours. The store environment is nice, as well as the customers are normally easy to deal with. Of course, the products are great and are of a decently high quality even if it is coming from China... Managers and co-workers are friendly enough.

Cons

Certain managers like to chill in the backroom and leave associates/other managers on the front for long periods of time (up to or more than an hour maybe). How can we serve our customers and make goal when only one of us are on the floor and there are customers everywhere? When hours are being given, the pay is pretty nice but during the winter months hours are very scarce making pay pretty dismal. Then our computers occasionally (read: always) freeze when clocking in or out. Even after working, say a 5.5 hour shift, 30 minute lunches are not nearly long enough. 15 minutes for 5 hours or less isn't bad but when you're working up to 8 hours sometimes, 30 minutes doesn't cut it. Last thing, with taking care of the store and the customers, doing locate orders, receiving shipment, it's a lot to do in a small amount of time.

11. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get the BEST employee discount you could ask for, and the customers are usually pretty pleasant. I liked how the store felt and acted up-scale. And my co-workers are very kind.

Cons

The shifts were generally 4 hours long, so not long enough for my liking. The only people who were full time were the manager and assistant manager, and I would assume that they hired everyone else as part-time after that so VB would not have to pay for employee benefits.

Advice to Management

Let the sales associates make some decisions on product placement/event ideas. And to the higher up management: the brand would be more respected if the bags were not made in China like they originally had been.

RSS Feed </> Embed