Vera Bradley Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Robert Wallstrom

Pros
  • Great discount if you like cotton quilted handbags (in 7 reviews)

• Great product, good pay, The customers are happy pleasant people who make your day totally worth being there (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no such thing as "full time sales associate" at this company (in 5 reviews)

• They bring people into management with promises of advancements and continually hire from outside the company (in 3 reviews)

1. Love this company!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Vera Bradley

Pros

Like family, great place to work. Been there for four years and have no intention of leaving!

Cons

None that I can think of dealing with the retail stores, the HQ could use some help!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. VB is Going Places!

Former Employee - Intern in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Intern in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Vera Bradley

Pros

-Friendly and smart people
    -Great employee discount
    -Company that is growing and healthy

Cons

-location: its great if you have a family! But, being single and new to Fort Wayne is hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. Great retail job

I worked at Vera Bradley

Pros

Great discounts
    Relaxed and quirky mgmt

Cons

Not enough hours
    Had to remember every pattern and bag type by heat

Ok at first.

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vera Bradley is a very laid back environment. During the summer it does get busy, since we have backpacks and things of that nature, but people are very friendly.

Cons

Many times during the week there is only an employee and a manager for most of the day. Managers at my store tend to love the back area and only pop out when needed. During lunch hours it gets a little bit busy and it's difficult to help every customer, especially when management is constantly on the phone "resolving issues" or on SnapChat.
    Another thing is our breaks. We only get 30 minutes lunch if we work 8 hours or more! So, if you work 7 hours, sorry, you get a ten minute break.
    If you're scheduled a day off there is a huge chance that they will call you in to come work, it's happened MANY times to my employees and I, which is very annoying.

Advice to Management

Get out to the floor and help your employees.
    Also, yes it's retail, but geeze we are not going to attack each customer with sales like you want us to. Don't get upset at is because THEY don't want to purchase anything that day. Let them have space and stop stressing so much about our numbers. We all don't work well under pressure and everything works out in the end anyways.

6. If you already love the product, it will be easy

I have been working at Vera Bradley

Pros

If you love the product, you will easily connect with the customers.
    They encouraged you to "shop"while working to better learn about the product.
    Discount is GREAT.

Cons

The employees were too social and often would hang out in the back area
    When there's a good sale, you will get people that are out of the usual rude.

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively

Don't Recommend

I have been working at Vera Bradley

Pros

Co workers are very easy to get along with and supportive. Managers are nice and understanding.

Cons

Hours can be horrible, especially during the winter (I was regularly getting only 4 or 5 hours a week during this time). They also just hired 3 or 4 new people on top of that, 2 seasonal people coming back, so regular employee hours have been cut back a lot. The schedule for next week was just updated and they took hours away from everyone. The pay is nothing to write home about, especially considering the hours we get.

Advice to Management

Don't hire so many new people at once (especially when seasonal people are coming back). Current employees would love and appreciate those extra hours.

Ehh

I worked at Vera Bradley part-time

Pros

You do make good money, and get really good discounts by working there. Getting to sell products that you enjoy is a plus too.

Cons

Though they pay well, the company doesn't seem to care about their employee's well being very much. When there was such bad weather in our area a lot of us couldn't get out of our home, and even though we had photographic proof that it wasn't safe for us to get out, we still got written up (keep in mind those who got written up had never even called in before).
    They also don't care if you are a student, I am in college so I have strange hours during the week that I can work, and they knew that before they hired me. Even though they knew what days I could and couldn't work, they still kept scheduling me days I couldn't come in for that reason. When the schedule came out and I would tell them I had class they wouldn't listen and then the day of would call and ask where I was and get mad because I would skip class to come.
    Lastly, trying to schedule time off was the biggest pain in the butt. You had to schedule at least 30 days before the day needed, but it could be over 60 days away, and if you were able to actually get in the program and request off it still wasn't guaranteed, it depended on how they thought business would be.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees, and stop acting like high school gossip girls.

Average Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Concord, NC

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Works with scheduling if you need time off

Cons

Manager favors others
    Drama Drama Drama

Advice to Management

Be more open minded

Don't get too comfortable

Current Employee - Direct Sales Supervisor in Roanoke, IN
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Supervisor in Roanoke, IN

I have been working at Vera Bradley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offices are now consolidated on one campus. Workplace is new and has modern conveniences

Cons

Seemingly very good and valuable employees are being eliminated without warning. 2 in my department in the last 3 months. Here one day, gone the next and no explanation from HR or supervisors. Top management is now composed mostly of the CEO's old cronies and are receiving exorbitant salaries while the people in the trenches get 1% raises, if anything.

Advice to Management

Hire from within and quit bringing on external VPs that are a waste of company resources.

Awesome

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a huge discount

Cons

Coachings for absences stay on your record too long

Advice to Management

Talk more with your sales associates

RSS Feed </> Embed