Veracity Networks Reviews

2.9
Drew Peterson

1. Mixed feelings

I have been working at Veracity Networks full-time

Pros

I enjoy working with most of my coworkers. In most ways the company is really laid back. (That can be good and bad.)

Cons

I feel like the wages are low, you usually have to threaten to quit to get a raise. There is poor communication between departments, which means sometimes customers get sold products that we don't even exist yet. Training is pretty bad. You get thrown into the deep end and have to sink or swim.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees. Make some structure of process. Do better training, have better documentation/training information. Don't throw parties or buy the CEO a giant birthday cake when we can't even afford to add ram to the engineers' computers.

2. Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Orem, UT

I worked at Veracity Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good, friendly people. Small, local communications company with about 120 employees that provides voice, and internet communications. Tries to be customer oriented, with a dedicated account manager for each customer with an account over $500 per month. CEO (Peterson) is very in tune with most of the larger customers.

Cons

Company is a bit too sales heavy. Most of the difficulties with customers is in keeping promises that sales has promised. Employee compensation is very sub par compared with other communications companies. Account managers are on call 24/7, even if on vacation. There is no compensation for extra hours or during outages where everyone is expected to work 'through it'. The company is having a difficult time keeping ahead of customers that are leaving and not renewing contracts.

3. Terrible. Worst company I have ever worked for!

I worked at Veracity Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many pros that I can think of. The techs that work there were nice, and friendly. Even though the management was terrible, I learned valuable tech skills that I was able to use at future jobs.

Cons

I have never been treated so terrible. The managers were all male, and were very sexist. Being a female myself, I was not allowed to move up in the company. When I would go to HR with sexual harassment cases, I was told to stop being a petty female. Nothing was ever written up or documented. They would roll over my overtime pay, and never pay it out. The products they offered were never trained on, and never tested. They would not allow their cs reps to offer good customer service. If products were not working for the customers, we had to tell them to deal with the problems. I would never work or use this company, and I constantly tell people to find other services any time possible.

Advice to Management

Stop doing illegal things. If people get over time, pay them for it. If they have HR related complaints, document them. Treat people, with respect no matter what gender.

5. Staying ahead of the curve

I have been working at Veracity Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working in an evolving industry that gives constant opportunities to learn and grow. If you learn your job well and stay consistent then you will not be micromanaged. You have plenty of resources to learn as much as possible and move within the company.

Cons

Poor communication between departments. With telecom constantly changing, Veracity can get ahead of themselves and start launching new products before they are fully developed. Training is a little scattered and it's more of a self-motivated study approach. A lot of trial and error.

Advice to Management

Name recognition would benefit all departments. Driving in employees that are excited to work for Veracity and bringing customers to Veracity. Find ways for the employees to interact more and form relationships outside of their departments.

6. Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Linecost Analyst in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Linecost Analyst in Draper, UT

I have been working at Veracity Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Low stress environment. There is plenty of time to get the work done, and I never have a supervisor breathing down my neck or placing deadlines on me. Other employees are friendly and helpful. There is little to no smoking, drinking, swearing, or crude language in the office or at company events. I almost never stay after hours to complete projects - if you don't get it done today, just work on it again tomorrow. The managers seem stressed and busy, but not the lower employees.

Cons

Departments don't always communicate well with each other, which leads to confusion and contradictory directions. The company is small enough that perks like provided lunches or outings are somewhat rare. Also, day-to-day tasks get monotonous over time (after a year or two).

Advice to Management

Reign in Sales Commissions and let the other departments enjoy more perks. Let the lower employees take a little more responsibility and work from the management.

7. Family like environment, growing pains.

Current Employee - Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at Veracity Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is growing, potential to move up. Decent atmosphere and location is not bad either.

Cons

Growing pains. Not a lot of employee appreciation.

8. OK company

I have been working at Veracity Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Telecommunications company - everyone needs internet and phone Steady growth over the last few years despite many major set backs Decent benefits package, health, dental, vision - $500/month/family 401K they match up to 3% after working for more than 3 years

Cons

No organization or policies to help structure employee work loads Benefits package keeps increasing by 15-20% each year No truly defined job descriptions free for all No regular training for current or future employees

Advice to Management

Structure, pure and simple! Policies, procedures, training, and compliance. Maybe some SOC audits to help point the company in the right direction. Get PCI and ISO compliance certificates etc.

Good for a first time sales job out of college.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT

I worked at Veracity Networks

Pros

Decent benefits and clean work environment.

Cons

Lack of marketing support and lead generation.

Not Great in Any Way

I worked at Veracity Networks

Pros

They own the only fiber network in Provo.

Cons

Do not appreciate the hard work people do. Poor pay.

Advice to Management

Get a vision

11. Nice place to work.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Veracity Networks

Pros

Local private company ran by family oriented people. Laid back atmosphere. Potential for great pay if you stay passed 2 years. Residual income after 1st year. Allowed to make your own schedule if you produce your sales and enter in all of your leads weekly. Not corporate. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. Take suggestions from all employees. They had out praise readily.

Cons

Communications of meetings, changes, new information does not flow very well for the sales team. They are improving every day.

RSS Feed </> Embed