Veracode

Bob Brennan

Good Company

ProsSolid management team.
    Good work /life balance
    Great place in the market

Consso folks have been there too long.

Advice to Senior ManagementShake things up.

Good Company, but Bureaucratic and Slow at Times

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsGreat industry, some of upper management and other employees were excellent to work with. For the level that I was at, there was a very large amount of exposure to the company and its operations.

ConsSeemed like some of the management disagreed with each other a lot. There also appeared to be a lack of organization at the lower to mid levels of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't know if this still applies, since a lot of the mid level managers have moved on, but create more synergy in the lower levels.

The Right Market, The Right People, The Right Technology

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsWhere do I begin! Great space! Security is booming. Amazing cutting edge technology. Market leader. I work in sales and it is a super friendly laid back environment as long as you do your job and perform. Pay is very good from what I have seen. Great salary and commission. Management is understanding and easy to talk to. CEO is a great leader who is driven and also easy to speak to.

ConsNot much to write here. If I had to say I guess we have one too many meetings then needed which takes away from time selling. Some minimal disorganization internally but always very open to suggestions and are aware of their mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing. Maybe have a few less meetings and do a little less and keep us selling! Other then that keep up the great motivation!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall, it's one of the better companies for which I've worked.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsSeveral highly skilled, smart individuals; stimulating environment for the right person; hot market for what Veracode does (application security testing); good pay and benefits

ConsSomewhat disorganized management, lots of demands placed on you, not much in the way of professional training.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate silos and implement more cross-department coordination and communication so the organization can fire on all cylinders efficiently.

Nepotism at its finest

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood way to gain experience with new technology
    Decent company policies

ConsIf you are not one of the pack, you are put on the back burner and won't get to partake in certain projects that may be of great use to you in the future. Managers seem to only hire people they know or are related to them even if they have no experience in the field. This makes it hard for people who got in through talent to fit in with other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because you have a lot of money doesn't mean you should spend it all on training your buddies and family members. Start hiring people with actual talent and make them feel more welcome.

Truly read all of these reviews

ProsThe great thing about this company are the services provided. Everyone needs or will need security over their applications, so in that regard Veracode is on top.

ConsThe company itself is terrible. The reviews speaking to the contrary are posted by their internal team to offset the bad ones posted by real people who have been burned by the company. This is not a speculation, this is a fact.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't even know where to begin.... just stop making bad calls with no facts to support them. Stop hiring and firing at will. Who does that even help? You waste the time of new hires and you waste the time of the people surrounding them through getting these people ramped up. Not to mention what this process does to the moral.

It's always easy to blame management, but how much of it is all of management and how much of it is just a few people? Who even knows. What I do know is, I do not feel comfortable where I stand with this company and anyone not in the inner circle of management elite feel the same.

If you're looking for a job fresh out of college or looking to dive into a cutting edge employer, keep searching. Until they get it right, Veracode is not worth another individual's valuable time. Your time is THE most valuable asset, don't gamble with this place.

Eats people up and spits them out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsGreat future, very smart people, great product, pays well, flexible vacation time, interesting and challenging field of work. The company is doing well and has great potential to be a success.

ConsTerrible HR staff who don't bother to get to know the issues within the company. They toss our a survey but NEVER actually talk to people. Poor communication from management. Poor company morale. The constantly hire and fire people. I have never seen so many people fired from a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop throwing other people under the bus all the time. Go out and talk to the staff to find out if they are happy are not.

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsEasy commute in a central location between major highways. Awesome kitchen. Overall great company to work for. Their service sells itself. They are going to go places.

ConsUpper management does not value all departments equally.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone equally.

High energy, fast moving and fun place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsAt Veracode, you'll have the chance to work with some of the best in the information security industry. The vast majority of employees are driven, focused and fun to work with.

ConsThere are very few (if any) downsides to working at Veracode. Sometimes however, it seems that "the left hand isn't talking to the right hand" and people end up re-inventing the wheel. Although this does not happen too often.

Poisonous Services Organization

Security Program Manager (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

Pros- The appsec field is poised for rapid growth.

Cons- Middle management is actively destructive to certain services teams
    - Middle management is passively destructive to the rest, as they are only driven by sales metrics versus service metrics
    - Services is basically an inside sales shop rather providing services or any level of expertise (basically the opposite of a trusted adviser)
    - Nobody on the team has any consulting experience, and those that had consulting experience were shown the door in favor of sales-oriented staff

Advice to Senior Management- Stop the sales ponzi scheme
    - Let our products stand for themselves, or build a services organization that provides valuable, consultative expertise rather than push sales
    - Listen to the employee satisfaction survey

Worked for Veracode? Contribute to the Community!