Veracode Reviews

Reset
4.5
Veracode CEO Bob Brennan
Bob Brennan

Pros
  • Ridiculously smart people who are happy to share their ideas and experiences (in 4 reviews)

• The firm will go above and beyond to make sure that customers are satisfied (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management is actively destructive to certain services teams (in 2 reviews)

• If this isn't a sign to stay away, I don't know what is (in 2 reviews)

1. Veracode is the best place I've worked yet.

I have been working at Veracode full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the best and brightest people in the industry, great benefits for a young company and knowing that your co-workers care about you as a person (including the CEO). There's a sense of purpose and unity that is hard to find.

Cons

The location may be the only drawback as traffic is very heavy in the area.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and be careful to keep hiring the right talent!

2. Director

I have been working at Veracode full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture. The people here are smart, fun, caring individuals that are part of making history in the application security industry. Senior management is laser focused on expanding the business, but at a healthy pace.

Cons

We are experiencing growing pains, but these are the kind of problems you want to have with your company.

3. Great company, great culture, keep it going!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Veracode

Pros

So many :-) - Great people to work with - Nice benefits but the tke-what-you-need PTO makes them GREAT - The little extras like bagels 3 days a week, snacks always available, fresh fruit weekly, etc. - Great attitudes everywhere you look - Exciting future - Still time to "get in at the start" - Clear corporate plan - Willing to try new things and not married to current ideas/procedures

Cons

- Some things starting to change toward typical corporate culture :-( - It is a business so there are goals to be reached, no way around this though :-)

Advice to Management

- Don't change the important draws. For example, keep the hackathon open to everyone and open to all ideas. Don't change it to require a tie-in to the product offerings. This would ruin the entire program! - Keep the little benefits coming, they make a big difference! - Keep in mind that the pressure to meet the goals rolls downhill (like most everything does). Although it is obviously important, too much pressure will crack more gems than it will create diamonds (and a few diamonds aren't as valuable as a hundred other gems)

5. Making a difference in application security

I have been working at Veracode full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opening up a new market for appsec. Company is market leading in product, marketing, and in the strength of the executive team.

Cons

There's a lot to do and not a lot of time. Grown rapidly so some growing pains as the organization matures.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees.

6. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Veracode (More than a year)

Pros

-Meaningful work, Culture, Benefits, people, Balance, Growth

Cons

Lots of change at times, but we are growing so that's bound to happen!

Veracode Review

I have been working at Veracode full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although growing quickly, Veracode values innovation and strong engineering talent. The Sr. Team truly cares about the employee; with engagement surveys every 6 months they continually communicate the uncovered challenges and how they are being addressed. I feel employees are a valuable asset.

Cons

The organization is experiencing the growing pains all face when hiring 150 people per year.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the product, continue to invest in innovation, try not to be bureaucratic as we grow, and continue to invest in and communicate with the employees.

Veracode is going the distance!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Veracode

Pros

Fantastic culture! Veracode is dedicated to nurturing long and rich careers for its employees. Their standards are incredibly high, meaning hard work, of the highest quality is a minimum expectation, but those who excel here aren't interested in mediocrity, and truly believe we're doing something important, that will change the world for the better--which makes the hard work worthwhile.

Cons

With high standards comes high pressure, and hard work. We intend to own the software security game, and that's not going to happen by accident. If you're not looking to push your limits every once and a while, this place probably isn't for you.

Advice to Management

This company was built on its ability to bring on the best people, and improve at improving. We need to keep a close eye on the threat of complacency, and continue to push hard to innovate and match our huge potential as a company.

Veracode!

Current Employee - Director in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Veracode

Pros

Culture; Management; Benefits; Employees; Technology; Industry; Dynamic;

Cons

Lots of Work At Times To Accomplish Goals

Advice to Management

Keep focus on employee development and wellness. Set one direction for Company and stick to it to get proper year end results

10. A great place to work!

I have been working at Veracode full-time

Pros

Veracode offers a really warm and energetic environment to work in. It's chalk full of extremely talented and intelligent individuals who focus a lot of their time on sharing their insight and expertise. It's easy to tell that we really believe in our products and services. We take care of each other and our clients. It's a great place to start a career, with a big focus on mentoring and fostering young professionals. We work really hard but also take time to relax and have fun with each other. Overall, I love working here!

Cons

No cons come to mind about working at Veracode.

11. Quickly becoming best company experience imaginable

I have been working at Veracode full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible corporate culture Passionate employees Committed management Fast growing company Fun technology Bagels 3 days a week

Cons

Very fast paced Competitive environment with high expectations Office in Burlington - tough commute coming from the city

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your teams

RSS Feed </> Embed