Veracyte

Updated July 1, 2014
Updated July 1, 2014

4.2

CEO

If everyone could be so lucky!

Current Employee - Client Services Specialist  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Casual + cool vibe, extraordinary minds, strong work ethics, great health benefits, fun company events, free food (peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, yogurt, fresh fruit, espresso machines, and the Keurig), and exceptional management, who want their team to succeed!

Cons

Since Veracyte is a start-up company, there aren't too many perks, but it's worth the wait!

You're doing an exceptional job! As our company grows, it would be great to discuss career growth opportunities and possibly offer career development classes to those who are interested in leadership.

Great company to work for; not so great customer care department management

Former Employee - Client Services Specialist  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and grow with a start-up company and learning a different aspect of the biotech/healthcare industry

Cons

Management for the customer care department is unorganized and unprofessional. Start-up companies are challenging to work with being that changes can occur frequently, therefore management should be more approachable when questions arise. Minimal growth opportunities and lack of support from upper management.

Evaluate the retention rate to determine a plan of action to keep employees motivated to stay. Manage with professionalism and less emotion and be more respectful when communicating with the department.

It starts at the top!

Current Employee - Endocrine Product Specialist  in  Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Endocrine Product Specialist in Flower Mound, TX

Pros

Culture - Bonnie Anderson sets the tone for this culture and it ripples completely out to the patient. Starting with the question of "how do we make a difference for the patient, that is good for everyone?"; the culture rallies behind this cause with passion and enthusiasm. It's easy to do your job everyday for this cause!

Additionally, the leaders are engaging and encouraging throughout the organization. it's great to feel that your work truly makes an impact in the organization. I truly feel a sense of worth and value in my role each day.

Professional development and ongoing training are provided on a regular basis. The leaders hire the best and expect the best! The company truly does its part to provide new information, training and knowledge so we can excel to the top of our game.

The company is super friendly & fun! We work hard and celebrate the milestones along the way. There is a bond that develops creating lifelong friendships in a young company such as Veracyte. When you're having fun and making a difference, it hardly seems like work!

Cons

This job is not one for those who like things steady and slow. It's fast paced and rapid growth. Strong work ethic required!

Keep up the GREAT work!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best environment I have ever experienced in the industry

Current Employee - Billing Specialist  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Austin, TX

Pros

Many times we have to tighten our lips and gaze off into space to conjure up what we enjoy about our job. Not with Veracyte. You will never find yourself with a yellow Post-It writing PROS and CONS underneath a heading of "Should I find a new job?" The Pros trump the Cons at Veracyte simply due to the fact that there simply are no Cons. This comes quite shocking to you, as you read this, desperately in search of a new "home" where you can plant your experience and watch your future grow as it never has.

Many of us work years at a "job" to hope our accomplishments will be rewarded, or at least - recognized. Without recognition on a job well done, our motivation depletes...along with our sanity. Veracyte recognizes accomplishments weekly and often we receive emails regarding a successful project - along with the name of the employee who hammered it out! To see this type of recognition in the medical field is impressive. Many employers in this field are strictly concerned with monetary spreadsheets and "end of month numbers," but Veracyte takes an alternative spin by enriching the work environment with COMMUNICATION. With communication comes recognition. We find ourselves reviewing recent productivity, which is specific to our individual departments. Furthermore, our staff is involved in the "science" behind our work, current marketing campaigns and long-term business goals. Veracyte believes in educating its employees on these subjects. I never feel as though I am kept in the dark by corporate staff. There is no need to wonder, "Will I have a job tomorrow?"

Common questions applicants find ourselves asking are:
    Is the pay good?
    Are the hours rigid?
    Are the managers respectful?
    IS IT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK?

I will not submerge myself into answering each of these questions with "scenarios," nor will I answer these questions with flowery words strictly because I am a current employee. I can honestly say that Veracyte is above all others in fairness in regards to compensation, flexibility and management style, as they base all of this on YOU. By hiring a great staff, they can ensure higher productivity by allowing each member of the team to shine in his/her own way.

If you are up for a challenge, consider yourself a team player, who exercises honesty and good morale each day, Veracyte has a great opportunity for you. Be ready to watch a company grow and flourish in the years to come. Oh - and throw out that "Should I find a new job" Post-It.

Cons

Unbelievable as it may seem, I have no current or active "CONS" with Veracyte. The only protocol that I found worrisome was the interview process. I was subjected to an extensive background check (which takes several days to process) and found myself facing multiple interviews with several members of the staff. I had never experienced such a detailed interview process and was quite intimidated.

After I received a formal offer for the position, I was able to set my nerves aside and consider this: What company have I ever worked for that took such effort into hand-picking their employees? NONE. Furthermore, the background check ensures the work environment is safe. After working with this company for several months, I am reminded each day of why the interview process stands its ground. Veracyte stands by its mission to maintain an honest, hard-working and collaborative staff. The Veracyte culture is in a league of its own, by far.

As someone who has worked in an office setting for many years, I must also commend the interview process for ensuring hired staff be courteous, respectful and honest with one another. We have all experienced upper-management issues, co-worker "drama" and stressful environments due to poor management which has "leaked" its way from the corporate pool. Rest assured, you will find no leaky pipes within the culture at Veracyte.

Advice to management...keep up the good work! Thank you for making us feel valued each day.

Awesome place to work!!!

Current Employee - Lab Assistant  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Austin, TX

Pros

-You feel very comfortable working here.
    -You get to put a ding on the universe.
    -If your are an innovative person and you like to new challenges Veracyte is the place to be.

Cons

-Because Veracyte is located at a Technology Building Complex the traffic could be very bad.

-We need a better sound system for the meetings.
    -I like the way you manage the company, keep on with good work!!!

Great company culture

Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Scientist  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Scientist in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Veracyte's executive team are firm believers that happy, supported employees produce great work. They've spent a lot of time (and money) to create and keep up that culture and it really shows. I came from a culture where stress was the norm, but you see a lot of smiles and hear laughter throughout. Managers take the time to show employees growth and career plans so you don't feel like you're stuck in a rut day in and day out. They also are very open with how the company is doing, where we are going, and show gratitude for each team and the work that they do.

There is a flexible working schedule (for most positions), decent benefits, and free shuttles to and from BART and Caltrain.

They also provide a free coffee with a fancy espresso machine, PB&J sandwiches, fruits, and yogurts.

Cons

As a relatively small company, things can change quickly, so you always need to stay on your toes.

This place ROCKS!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Our patients truly come first, the thyroid-saving Afirma product line is scientifically sound (see the NEJM et al articles) and it yields significant clinical utility, the management team is top shelf, and this company's culture is positively unlike anything that I have ever experienced - we have a ton of FUN!!!!

Cons

The cummute can be tough depending on where you live - but you can take BART/a shuttle and there is lots of free parking!

Keep doing what you are doing!

I have good perception of Veracyte. I enjoyed working with the billing unit from 03/19/12-05/31/13.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

The staff was cooperative in daily interaction internally with coworkers.

Cons

Some employees were not highly regarded by management, because of
    favoritism in the billing unit.

Upper management should be professional in treating employees fairly.

Worked for Veracyte? Contribute to the Community!