Veracyte Reviews

3.9
CEO

1. Great company to work for

I have been working at Veracyte full-time

Pros

Smart, motivated people. Fast-paced. Strong culture of teamwork.

Cons

No good restaurants close by for lunch!

Great company to work for; not so great customer care department management

Former Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Veracyte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and grow with a start-up company and learning a different aspect of the biotech/healthcare industry

Cons

Management for the customer care department is unorganized and unprofessional. Start-up companies are challenging to work with being that changes can occur frequently, therefore management should be more approachable when questions arise. Minimal growth opportunities and lack of support from upper management.

Advice to Management

Evaluate the retention rate to determine a plan of action to keep employees motivated to stay. Manage with professionalism and less emotion and be more respectful when communicating with the department.

If everyone could be so lucky!

Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Veracyte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual + cool vibe, extraordinary minds, strong work ethics, great health benefits, fun company events, free food (peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, yogurt, fresh fruit, espresso machines, and the Keurig), and exceptional management, who want their team to succeed!

Cons

Since Veracyte is a start-up company, there aren't too many perks, but it's worth the wait!

Advice to Management

You're doing an exceptional job! As our company grows, it would be great to discuss career growth opportunities and possibly offer career development classes to those who are interested in leadership.

5. Great company culture

Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Scientist in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Scientist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Veracyte full-time

Pros

Veracyte's executive team are firm believers that happy, supported employees produce great work. They've spent a lot of time (and money) to create and keep up that culture and it really shows. I came from a culture where stress was the norm, but you see a lot of smiles and hear laughter throughout. Managers take the time to show employees growth and career plans so you don't feel like you're stuck in a rut day in and day out. They also are very open with how the company is doing, where we are going, and show gratitude for each team and the work that they do. There is a flexible working schedule (for most positions), decent benefits, and free shuttles to and from BART and Caltrain. They also provide a free coffee with a fancy espresso machine, PB&J sandwiches, fruits, and yogurts.

Cons

As a relatively small company, things can change quickly, so you always need to stay on your toes.

6. This place ROCKS!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Veracyte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our patients truly come first, the thyroid-saving Afirma product line is scientifically sound (see the NEJM et al articles) and it yields significant clinical utility, the management team is top shelf, and this company's culture is positively unlike anything that I have ever experienced - we have a ton of FUN!!!!

Cons

The cummute can be tough depending on where you live - but you can take BART/a shuttle and there is lots of free parking!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

I have good perception of Veracyte. I enjoyed working with the billing unit from 03/19/12-05/31/13.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Veracyte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff was cooperative in daily interaction internally with coworkers.

Cons

Some employees were not highly regarded by management, because of favoritism in the billing unit.

Advice to Management

Upper management should be professional in treating employees fairly.

RSS Feed </> Embed