VerbalizeIt

Updated October 13, 2014
Updated October 13, 2014
1.9

Ryan Frankel

Waste of one's time, underpaid and underused

Former Employee - Interpreter in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Interpreter in Miami, FL

I worked at VerbalizeIt part-time (less than an year)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Logging in and being "available", all the while tied to your desk by the headset, for rare, short calls, is simply self -defeating. No real or significant income. Additionally was monitored on a rude prank call and then chastised.

Definitely too many interpreters on board for the amount of work available, scant and meager earnings is not a way to keep good people on board. Daimla seems to be the only person in management, the rest just monitoring?

Don't bother

Current Employee - Translator
    Current Employee - Translator

I have been working at VerbalizeIt as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They do their best to make the client happy (not their contractors, though!).

Cons

Low pay, when they do pay. They are two months behind with my latest payment and do not reply to my e-mails. It looks like their small team is not able to handle the amount of work that they receive, and contractors suffer as a result.

You need to grow your inhouse team.

Exploitative

Current Employee - Translator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Translator in New York, NY

I have been working at VerbalizeIt as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

You can do it whenever you have time.

Cons

you are probably going to have to be refreshing the page every ten mintues to find a task that is usually 1 hour long and for four dollars (if you are lucky). When you do the job, if the quality team doesn't like your translation or if you made a typo... you are probably not going to get paid for the job and receive a humiliating feedback (which is going to be full of their own horrible grammar and spelling mistakes).

Do you pay your quality team only if they disqualify the employees? That is what it seems, those people are eager to find an excuse to grade our jobs like we were beginners.

Zero communication

Current Employee - Translator-Transcriber
    Current Employee - Translator-Transcriber

I have been working at VerbalizeIt as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The tasks are interesting and the work can be fun. The platform is easy to use and you get the hang of it quickly.

Cons

There is zero communication between the company and the contract employees. Emails go unanswered and inquiries posted on the community forums are often ignored. Tasks are few and far between. There is not much earning potential here; not even to supplement your other income.

Communicate with your contractors. We feel we are ignored. Seek more clients to provide sufficient work for the employees currently working for you instead of adding more translators and transcribers that will never see any work.

A Truly Dedicated Team of People

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at VerbalizeIt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people, location and leadership are all first rate. We wake up every day to find new ways to break down language barriers which is awesome. It's a laid back environment with music, free food and yes even free beer when the mood strikes.

Cons

We're a growing team working hard to grow more. If you're looking for established processes this probably is not the place for you.

Don't waste your time as a translator, this platform doen't provide any work!!!!!!

Current Employee - Translator in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Translator in London, England (UK)

I have been working at VerbalizeIt part-time (less than an year)

Pros

can't think of even one

Cons

In four months made less that $15. To unblock a payment need to make at least $15, which means that so far in four months I didn't get a penny.
    Make a lot of promises........and nothing happens.

Go back to management school !!!!!