Verdasys Reviews

get on the train!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Verdasys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great product, great customers. In the last year and a half they have completely changed the management team and it has made a world of difference. It started with the new VP of Sales who changed personnel, messaging and delivery and brought some accountability to the team and dependability and the results show. next was the VP of Marketing who really knows her job and is transforming what was a little known company. The biggest change came when the CEO and CTO were outed and everyone started thinking about growth again. The new CEO has put this team "back on offense" is the term being used and invested in people and technology to make the company better

Cons

a few folks are living in the past and they will get left behind

Keep communicating the plan to us as the past regime did not. Continue to solicit contributions and ideas as there are a lot of smart people that like the feeling of enablement that did not exist before.

Interesting environment, no shortage of work

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant

I worked at Verdasys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cutting edge product, good pay, intelligent coworkers. The limits of the product are really the limits of the user's imagination. It can do quite a bit.

Cons

Tough market to compete in when your product is not one of the top players. Internally, the company has a very healthy self image and many people choose to believe they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. They are a software shop selling a product, same as everyone else in the space. The thing that holds this company back is the complexity of the product.

Improve the user experience and make the product easier to use. Stop trying to make the product do everything and choose your niche. There is no single software solution in the security world. You will succeed by integrating with others not trying to solve all the problems yourself.

What a rotten company

Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Waltham, MA

I worked at Verdasys full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. None. None. None. None. None. None. Getting the picture yet? Stay away if you want to keep any part of self-respect.

Cons

Sweatshop mentality, awful management, shortsided business view. I needed a shower every night because I felt violated every day.

Die

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rising star in Cyber Defense/DLP

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Verdasys as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Having worked with Verdasys for the better half a year now I can truly say this is a company to watch. My experience with them is through staffing their sales and pre-sales engineering needs. They have had their challenges in the past, but over the last 12-18 months have positioned themselves as a strong player in the market. Not only do they present a culture of excellence to any candidate, there is unlimited potential with their product. Everyone I have placed there is extremely happy with the company, and there have been zero complaints. Anyone looking to join Verdasys should know this, and my reputation as a executive search firm relies on my word. I am giving my word that not only is this worthwhile to look at, but a company you can trust to give you the best in furthering your career.

Cons

Brand management and marketing has been lacking. For a company with a extremely advanced product and reputation among the security community for being truly special and unique, there is not a lot of press or buzz about them. I think this needs to change, and I know they are making an effort to do such. The new managed product and focus on Cyber Defense/APT/Kill Chain Defense is going to be something that contributes positively to that. I hope that marketing gets on board with this and really pushes to spend the time/money to get their outreach programs on board with this.

You are on the right track, and have extremely talented employees who eat, breath, and sleep Verdasys. Please help them out by focusing your efforts on brand awareness. Excellent job creating the culture you have, and keep up the excellent work on the product. I think being more aggressive with getting the word out will certainly pay off for everyone. Listen to your sales force and engineering core, they have the key to your success. Those in the trenches are closest to the battle, remember that.

Run away, do not work here!

Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Reopresentative  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Reopresentative in Waltham, MA

I worked at Verdasys full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are great, work their butts off supporting snobs in management

Cons

No support
    Awful senior management
    No training or career development
    You are on your own, good luck surviving a truly toxic environment

Grow up! Train your people! Don't release a product and staff a team until you KNOW there is a market for it.

Stay Away!

Former Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer/Solution Architect  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer/Solution Architect in Waltham, MA

I worked at Verdasys

Pros

Cool and compelling technology, best of breed.

Cons

Horribly mismanaged, poor communication. Working for Verdasys was like being cast in a reality show similar to survivor. Politics and bureaucratic non-sense was more important than taking a great product to the market place with professionalism and integrity. Verdasys is like a baby that keeps falling when it is learning how to walk.

Resign and let people that know what they are doing take over. Actually have a plan for new hires and understand that after 8 years the company should be past the problems and challenges of a start-up.

interesting

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Verdasys

Pros

Challenging problems to solve, good technology stack

Cons

Until recently - bad senior management

Walk the walk

The previous management put the company in this position

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Verdasys

Pros

Great product
    Good colleagues
    Good location
    Opportunities for professional growth

Cons

Previous management apparently rearranged the deck chairs while the boat was sinking
    Internal business processes are immature
    Apparently no one ever got a raise

There is new management. It recently laid off over thirty people. These new people in charge didn't want to do this, but were forced to because of the economics of the country and of the company. I don't know enough to offer any specific advice.
    The question below about Seth Birnbaum is not applicable, as he was tossed a few weeks ago.

Great people, great product, lousy management

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Waltham, MA

I worked at Verdasys

Pros

I was fortunate to work in the QA area that had some of the best management in the company. Incredibly supportive, super empowering, and truly caring about each individual. The atmosphere was a perfect combination of layed back and focused. The team genuinely enjoyed working together and there was very little ego in play. The work was challenging and rewarding, and folks were consistently made to feel that their work mattered.

Cons

Unfortunately the same could not be said for the rest of the company. Ego was a huge issue in the rest of the place. lots of jockeying for position, lots of lying, lots of power plays. As time has worn on the company's financial situation has grown dire, as evidenced by late payment of paychecks & expenses to employees, failure to pay things like rent and bills, and (though employees are being lied to) efforts to sell off the company and/or technology. Upper management is showing increasingly diminished regard for the regular workers, and the sad the thing is that they continue to lie to them and string them along. If you need a job badly, then go ahead...but beware. Once you're on the inside you're going to find out quite a bit that you wish you'd known before walking in the door.

Suggestion one, Leave; suggestion two, stop lying to your employees about what's going on and recognize that while you are angling for a big payoff, they're just trying to pay rent; suggestion three, knock of the nepotism; suggestion four, check your egos and allow the exceptionally skilled grouop you assembled to do exceptional things; suggestion five, accept that you don't own your employees and treat them as valued professionals and assets

Poor management and product delivery

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Verdasys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Targeting G2000 companies is always good for personal development
    Good base salary
    Met a lot of people, both locally and globally

Cons

Late getting paid very frequently. At one time it was 6 weeks late
    Complex product lead to few successful opportunities

Verdasys Photos

RSA Conference 2014
RSA Conference 2014

+ Add Photo

Worked for Verdasys? Contribute to the Community!