Verde Valley Medical Center

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
CEO

1. I worked as the Medical Lab Technologist on the night shift in this 100 bed hospital.

I worked at Verde Valley Medical Center

Pros

The company has good benefits, offer an opportunity for CEUs, and has excellent equipment to insure accurate results for the patients.

Cons

My only reason for not still being there is the fact that I needed to return to my home state and my family. The main con was the lab director's management style which precluded the staff feeling that she had our backs. She was asked for her resignation and no longer works there.

Advice to Management

There is little advice that I feel I can give management. Many times I felt that the bottom line was considered more than patient care. I also am aware of one physician who caused harm to many patients by making mistakes in both surgeries and treatment. He was too old to be practicing as a surgeon and, yet, they allowed him to remain.

2. Employees, beware!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Cottonwood, AZ
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Cottonwood, AZ

I worked at Verde Valley Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is great nursing staff cohesiveness.

Cons

If you are eligible for a retirement pension, WATCH YOUR BACK! This administration is self-serving and cares only about maximizing their own bottom line. Patient care is not a priority here. The new VP eliminated many positions, including her own former director position, and filled the management positions with "yes men" who will not dare oppose her. If you are injured on the job, you will likely lose your position to be replaced by a new grad. Corrective action is used for no-harm trivialities and has become a tool that is used for denying staff members a yearly bonus and merit increases. Time clock glitches are used to their advantage, and false tardies are prevalent. Do not expect to be treated fairly, especially if you make >$30/H. The idea is to anger those who make higher wages so they will quit. If they do not quit, they hunt for dirt. Another money-saving tactic is to terminate your healthcare benefits without your knowledge, and this is often not discovered until you try to pick up your much-needed medications, as experienced by myself and several others. Beware!

Advice to Management

Don't think your employees can't see what's going on.

Great experience at beginning of employment, not so the second half

Former Employee - Director in Cottonwood, AZ
    Former Employee - Director in Cottonwood, AZ

I worked at Verde Valley Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Used to be a great place to work: friendly staff, departments worked well together and primary focus on delivering excellent patient care.

Cons

Revolving door of CEO's, each wanting to try their management theory. Incrediable amount of time wasted for managers and staff and huge disruptions in patient care. if you weren't in the last CEO's inner circle, watch your back.

Advice to Management

Way too much politics for a 99 bed hospital. If you cannot give managers any resources, then control the amount of projects. Stick to the mission.

RSS Feed </> Embed