Verdi Consulting Reviews

Updated March 3, 2015
16 reviews filtered by
2.1
Mariama Levy

Ok some days, terrible the rest.

I worked at Verdi Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are some of the best around, though I never got an answer about 401k matching (so I suppose that was my answer). Pay was decent - but thats only speaking numerically, not when compared to hours worked.

People at the manager level and higher tend to stay out of your hair when there is a lot going on, which is nice, because you can just focus on doing your job and then go home every day.

If you have your own office as opposed to a cubicle, its nice because you can shut your door to keep people from constantly disrupting you during the day.

Cons

Most days were hot and cold with respect to managers and the CFO & CEO. One day you could be their best friend, and the next you were their worst enemy (with no explanation). I witnessed first hand meetings where executives yelled and verbally abused managers and staff - I myself was yelled at once or twice. Work hours were the worst I've ever had in my life. Some weeks it was not uncommon to work 60+ hours and everyone being salaried resulted in nothing to look forward to but the same paycheck. As for bonuses, that depends on if you are on the nice or naughty list with the CEO on the random day they "hand out checks". Several times we were promised bonus money based on what was billed to the client, or time off for extra hours worked, only to have the CEO drag her feet or pretend like those things never came out of her mouth.
    When managers and higher level folks dont have anything to do or any current/prospective clients to talk to they micromanage and make your day miserable - thanks government shutdown!

CFO/CEO need to give people a chance. You had many (and may still have) folks working for you who were willing to be better, but because you pigeon-holed them and never gave them opportunity to improve themselves, they never exceeded your expectations of being mediocre. It's your name on the door, not staff names. But remember that the staff are who keep you in your lifestyle, so if you make a promise you need follow through on it otherwise you will continue to have such high turnover and will struggle to find suitable talent (aside from those you sponsor for citizenship and work visas).

2. I wish I had looked up the company before I accepted position.

I worked at Verdi Consulting

Pros

The paycheck was the only pro to this job.

Cons

Super long hours. No recognition. President makes everything personal, acts unprofessional and makes decisions based on emotion.

Delegate. Stop micro-managing. Treat your employees right to reduce the 90% turnover rate.

Employee Beware!

I worked at Verdi Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Small company which has a vision that many like and would support. Good location if you get to work in the home office. Appeared to have good enough contracts which would keep the staff employed

Cons

This is one of the worse places to work. Great vision, but due the management style, the turnover is way too high. Leadership is horrible. Management functions like a dictatorship and your contributions are not valued. Instead, if you challenge or question an issue, then you are viewed negatively. They do not view an employee's concerns as opportunity to re-evaluate operations. Therefore they will never improve.
    The mindset of one of the Managers specifically, is more of a Master-Slave relationship. NO Verdi, you have it wrong. This is not the way you operate in a professional environment. This mindset/style is archaic and DOES NOT work in this 21st century. That is why you are always short-staffed. No employable professional will remain in that environment. Tell you Managers to stop behaving as though their way of executing tasks are the only method. Be receptive to different ideas! Stop the Bully Mentality!

Micro-Management DOES not work. It only creates tension and resentment. Coach your Managers to be train their employees adequately. You want to recruit talent and you may succeed at doing so, but that talent will not remain with your firm.

Let the truth be told

I worked at Verdi Consulting (less than a year)

Pros

The employees were nice people. We work great as a team

Cons

don't be fooled by the great place to work and a fast growing company. Most likely those reviews came from the CEO/CFO or their favorite manager. EVERYONE that has started with this company end up resigning. That tells you a lot about the place. Reading the reviews about the Cons are very true. This is the worst place to work! You will find out if you work here. Managers can't train you do to the job because they don't know. Trust me, they had great people working for them who sacrificed their time (even on weekends) but it wasn't appreciated. If you give 2 weeks notice they tell you, you can go ahead and leave now. They never will admit they Failed and still failing because of poor management skills. The sad part is they all think the same. You would think you would have someone to sit back and say, 'let's take a look at what is going on', why people are leaving. Yet they blame the people because they can't take it. Well who want to continue to take ABUSE from people. Slavery days are over! You don't own anyone. I feel sorry for these people because they really have no clue. The turnover rate is up now by 95%.

Apply the Management skills you supposed to have learn when you were out in CA. Stop treating people like slaves. Realize if it wasn't for the people doing the work you will have no business. Learn to treat people right.

worst company I ever worked for.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Verdi Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

none...to be completely honest, there are no pros. Please don't join this company.

Cons

CEO/CFO - don't care about work/life balance. They work you to death without respecting weekends, family, or private time. You are forced to link work email to phone so you can be reached anytime

Don't be USERS -- and only see people for what you can get out of them. Do better

Most toxic work environment ever

I worked at Verdi Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work location in Tysons for employees working in company office.

Cons

Executive management rarely believes or listens to lower level management or employees; constantly, negatively challenging employees knowledge and skills. Compensation and benefits among worst in industry. No opportunity for life outside of office with very long hours in office and hours required to be worked remotely after normal working hours.

Believe in your employees and let them do their jobs.

Abusive work environment

I worked at Verdi Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers nice but most do not last long because of the abusive environment. Turnover is horrific.

Cons

If you don't mind being verbally abused by CEO and COO and no personal life, it's a great place to work. Otherwise, don't consider. They pay well to get you in the door but based on the hours you work, you could get better pay at a grocery store.

Stop yelling. Do what you say you will do. Don't treat people like slaves.

9. Really nice place to work and really great people to work with

I have been working at Verdi Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, everyone is really nice and easy to get along with which makes working here really nice. The company looks very promising with lots of its great technology we're using. We also have really fun get-togethers for birthdays and fun holidays like pi day (March 14) and we had a fun time at six flags this last year.

Cons

None. I guess its not a fortune 500 with box tickets to basketball games or a free soda fridge.

10. Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Verdi Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Verdi is a cutting edge boutique firm that masters it craft and has the mantra to ”exceed expectations”. What does that mean? If you are looking for repetitive tasks, the same old way of doing things, then Verdi is not the place for you. At Verdi you are encouraged to think out side the box, challenge the conventional way of doing things and utilizing technology to create efficiency and accuracy in what we do. I work with some of the smartest folks that create amazing tools and simplify the way things are done.

Verdi is a team-working environment. Everyone has a voice and a place for discussing an approach or solution to work done. You are exposed to clients where you present your work and not someone taking credit for it.

At my former Big 4 firm, decisions were very bureaucratic needing so many approvals that sometimes the opportunity passes by and is lost. They had all the theories and methodologies that were sometime slow to adapt to changing times….as evidenced by the big layoffs happening at my old firm. Here management effectively makes decisions quickly.

They invest in training not only in-house (one of our senior managers is a Management Concept federal financial subject matter expert) but we get to go to external training including payment of our membership for different organizations.

Verdi is a very fast paced organization growing exponentially over the past few years. We moved offices, each of the past years as we outgrow each office space. Yes there are growing pains but I am excited to part of this company with a lot to look forward to. With the economy uncertain and companies losing business and getting rid of experienced employees, I am happy to be a part a winning team.

This became very important during the federal shut down and furlough. Even though my contract was impacted, we were not terminated as other small companies did. Everyone came back to the office where a lot of training and project cross training was provided. I learnt new skills and got visibility into new project opportunities. That showed the strength of the company to withstand economic loss, loyalty to the staff and visionary management.
    Best thing about Verdi…the people… there is such diversity and everyone brings a great perspective. Very talented and very hardworking
    Yes people there are folks who could not make it at Verdi. Take a look at the growth and success the company. Verdi’s ability to keep wining new business and keeping all your old customers as well.

Cons

We do work long hours especially during busy season, but I look forward to the “administrative” time off that we are given which does not dip into my PTO or performance bonuses for exceeding targets.Bonuses are very generous taking into account the long hours worked at the client and what I received in one year exceed my 3 year total at my former firm.

The "all hands meetings" are used to bring the entire company together including offsite and onsite staff for team building, recognition and bonding. Lets have those more frequently than 5 a year.

Run away while you still have feet

Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at Verdi Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers
    No real formal interview process

Cons

Be prepared to work crazy/unnecessary overtime, weekend, and holidays....did I mention holidays?

Puzzled how some staff are hired because they can barely speak or write in English

Useless ADP training course (good for the people mentioned above)

Owner is loud and obnoxious and you'll witness some very strange behavior/mood patterns

Very little room for growth and career advancement

Poor laptops and outdated technology

Owner is real frugal about printing (i.e. double side, no color, etc)

Understand your employees, reward your employees, trust your employees,