Veredus

Updated October 18, 2014
Updated October 18, 2014
4.5

Dan Rodriguez

Pros
  • Veredus is built on integrity and honesty making it such a great company to work for (in 7 reviews)

• They are always looking for new ways to drive business and keep things exciting for us (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No Cons working with this company (in 7 reviews)

• It is a very fast paced environment (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Bart Gasiorowski & Veredus

Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Maitland, FL

I worked at Veredus as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Regarding Bart & Vederus:

Bart has an aptitude for recruiting and an understanding of interpersonal dynamics that makes him stand out from almost every other recruiter with whom I have worked. He pays close attention to his client's desires, as well as their needs, affect and fit with partnered businesses. In other words, he doesn't valuate the human operator as a mere financial statistic, he sees them as a whole person, and endeavors to find them the perfect fit that will best express their talents.

Bart has placed many of my friends and associates over the past few years in excellent roles and has, in my opinion, gone above and beyond the call of duty to check in with them, and me, to be certain that all are satisfied and progressing in their careers. Ultimately Bart is a 'people person' and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a solid lead in the technical market. I will choose to work with Bart, and Veredus for that matter, over almost any other recruiting firm, because let's face it, they just do more, and treat YOU better than the vast majority will. If everyone in the industry worked as hard as this guy, the competition would be fierce.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also:

Veredus uses systems that make submitting your information simple. They've revolutionized the hiring process and most on-boarding can be done from home. When I first began working with Veredus, you needed to come into the office, but they've significantly streamlined everything with their databases making life a lot easier for you.

Cons

I'm not sure that I have many negatives to discuss here. As a contractor, I find the amount of detail that Veredus requires regarding your background and living history to be somewhat daunting. If you're a contractor like I am, you've moved all over the world between positions and it can become very difficult to reconstruct your timelines. If you lost documents demonstrating your background and living history, the on-boarding process could drag on for a while.

My advice to management would be: Keep up the great work, continue treating people with dignity and compassion and you can't lose. Your outfit, in my experience, puts most of the other corporate recruiting entities to shame. Perhaps with your growth you may fall into the pit that many large institutions do with respect to valuation of individuals, so I definitely recommend keeping your workforce reminded of your core values and why they are so important to your success.

Extraordinary Company and People

Former Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Veredus full-time

Pros

Veredus employees are very professional and knowledgeable of the IT industry. They have firsthand relationship with the client hiring manager. I would recommend Veredus to everyone who is looking for career not just a job.

Cons

None I can think of

Atlanta office is great

Former Employee - IT Contractor in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Contractor in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Veredus as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

As a contractor, Veredus was only the second company I have worked with in many years that does not treat a contractor feel like a piece of meat. I felt like a valued member of their team for the time I worked a contract for them. They stay in contact with you, even if it's just a "How are you doing?" call every few weeks. You get taken out to lunch about every quarter, and not to places like Panara Bread. Really nice places. I hope I have the opportunity to work with them in the future, and they will be first on my list to call the next time I'm on a job hunt.

Cons

I really have no cons. Their recruiters, their account manager and the HR people are great.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Veredus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No micro-management
    Great commission structure
    Positive Attitude from management
    Managers also do the same job you do and understand the struggles

Cons

None really. Not a 40 hour work week so won't be a good fit if you aren't a go-getter

KPIs don't allow for much thinking outside the box.
    Different things work for different people

Best Company I have Worked for to Date!!

I have been working at Veredus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, awesome room for growth, and the people to work with are the best. The work hard play hard culture fits my needs greatly!!

Cons

I have no Cons in regards to this!

Unethical and untrustworthy

I worked at Veredus as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It was easy to apply and start the job.

Cons

The Managing Director unequivocally lied to contractors about the length of the assignment and several were dismissed within the week. This situation created undue stress and was handled poorly. This was really a missed opportunity, as Veredus was positioned to become the foremost and preferred agency of technical writers in this city; however, many of my former associates refuse to do business with them in the future. In addition, I was put off when the recruiters constantly asked me if I knew of any business opportunities.

Oct 20, 2014CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am disappointed to hear that the length of the contract was not fulfilled and the issue with the Managing Director. We strive to provide our ... More

This company got me one contract and then they do nothing for you. Avoid this company.

Former Employee - Telecom Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Telecom Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Veredus as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They got me one contract that was supposed to last 4 months but was trimmed to 2 months. It was nice to get the contract but not so nice to get it cut in half.

Cons

They never do anything for you after I got one contract. I never heard from them and they do not go out of the way to do anything or contact you.

Take the time to get to know the people that you have gotten a contract for. It seems that once you get one thing for the contractor nothing more was attempted. I got one call after I complained that I hadn't heard from them in over a year.

Oct 20, 2014CEO

I am sorry to hear that the contract was cut in half. It is unusual to see contracts cut short. There must have been a disconnect in communication. We appreciate your feedback and would like to get ... More

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Veredus

Pros

Environment, culture, pay structure, promotion opportunities

Cons

None I can think of

Recruiters are Mules here...Get the training and leave before your year...Same old staffing agency...get out

Former Employee - IT Recruiter
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter

I worked at Veredus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I admit, when I was there, they had a training process that just started which was fairly strong, it gave me my edge with IT Recruiting and is now helping me start my own recruiting practice. I would recommend going with Veredus just for the training if they still have one, but plan to get out after 6 months, don't try to build a future there. Don't be concerned with silly KPIs, its rubbish. Just get the training, get the experience, and get out. The recruiters are okay, but the Tampa office can be a bit stuffy and narcissistic. Everyone is so beautiful there, so if you're unattractive...forget it, which makes no sense since most of your interaction is by phone. There is a general preference to hire females because most of IT is considered a male-dominant industry. Management is another story.

Cons

I’m actually not bitter, I'm in a far better place now and working towards 2 years with my company. However, Veredus has become their worst enemy. Just like the other big brand agencies Robert Half, Teksystems, Aerotek, K-force, Insight Global, Volt, you name it. Recruiters are treated like mules. Here’s why, you have key people with the company for the life of the company, they bring in new recruiters, recruiter’s primary goal is to build out their database, make calls, qualify candidates. Then in a year, turnover and gradually bring in new “mules”. They keep their core people, but replace recruiters are they go. No chance in hell to grow with the company. The company then absorbs all the profits from candidates on assignments. If you notice, they have their current employees all right reviews to give you perception they are this great company. Sure, they’re great for those core staff. Sucks if you’re just starting out at the bottom. The only chance you have is if they are opening a new office. AMs/Recruiters couldn’t hack it in their HQ office in Tampa, so they leave to start elsewhere to be given a shot to grow with company. However, those new offices, like a virus, practices the same unfairness. I observed discrimination against protected class between the Sales team and candidates we submitted because of names, accents, race/color, gender/sex. Oh yes, the discrimination was so overt, that I was shocked and the clients we worked with encouraged this behavior. They have become what they dread most…a high turnover recruiter nightmare. My advice is this, go with them if you absolutely have no other choice, but have an exit plan from day 1 to get the hell out before a year…if you survive that long.

Why bother! They don't listen, they don't care, they don't ask, just hush and produce, produce, produce.

Aug 21, 2014CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am disappointed it did not work out for you here, and even more disappointed you did not share your concerns with me prior to leaving ... More

Professional

Former Employee - Migration Support Technician in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Migration Support Technician in Tampa, FL

I worked at Veredus as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Veredus looks after Their employees,verifies information so you always know who,what,when where and why.

Cons

Not 100% sure I received all the feedback I needed.

Respond directly to any issues full on, If conflicts occur, be certain to address them to employees directly. example: I should have been asked to obtain a smartphone to maintain contact with a customer that used a bridge call for communications with field agents. In retrospect,lack of the tool caused irritation with the customer.