Veredus Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.3
Dan Rodriguez

Pros
  • Veredus is built on integrity and honesty making it such a great company to work for (in 7 reviews)

• wonderful work environment, great career opportunities, surrounded by the best in the industry (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No Cons working with this company (in 7 reviews)

• There is no work-life balance with this company (in 3 reviews)

1. Virtual Facilitator

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Veredus (Less than a year)

Pros

Very professional and friendly associates. I feel "cared for" as an employee.

Cons

Nothing at this time to add.

2. IT Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Veredus

Pros

Professional, Reliable, provided effective team mates as well. Paid promptly, reached out for feedback about 1 once every 2-3 months. Handled my end of assignment well too.

Cons

None. I'd love to work with Veredus again. Getting my next gig is very dependent on the market. Work/life balance depends on the client more than Veredus.

Advice to Management

I'd like insight to certifications that would keep me employed more continuously. Benefiting me and my employer.

Great contract company

I have been working at Veredus

Pros

Helped find a position that fit me well and the benefits are great especially for a contract company.

Cons

None so far everything has been great.

The Grass is Greener at other firms.

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Veredus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a Consultant, you will be treated very well. Benefits are better than at most places. Hands down the most generous commission structure in the business. Fantastic training. Amazing CEO and Senior leadership. Great Consultant Care

Cons

Recruiters are Nameless Mules. You are Forced to make 80 outbound dials a day AND 2.5 hours of talk time. Not one or the other BOTH. Nobody cares how much money you bring in, or how many placements you make, the ONLY thing they care about are phone times. This is why I quit. I worked in the National Recruiting center or "VRC" . I joined Veredus with no staffing experience. In my 11 months there, I outperformed almost every recruiter in my office ( I made 14 placements in 11 months. The next best recruiter made 10 or so) .... Nobody cared. I was seen as a relatively low preforming employee. I was constantly getting lectured about how I wasn't "Buying into the Veredus Process" because was only averaging 60 dials/day. The fact that I was making placements and Cracking accounts didn't matter. Micromanagement. From 8:30-9:30 AM and from 1:30-2:30 PM you are required to do a "Call Blitz" where you MUST make outbound dials for an hour...nothing else. You better hope that you dont get an important email during that time. If you reply to it, one of the managers patrolling the pit will take your chair and publicly accost you for "emailing during the blitz". You also better hope that you dont find a candidate to submit during the Blitz. Because if you start the submittal process (Which is extremely tedious and unnecessary, More on that in a minute) during the blitz, you get the same treatment. Also, In order to submit candidates to a job, they make you fill out a form that has over 100 fields, most of which are completely irrelevant. If even 1 field on that form is missing, they wont submit your candidate. To hell with the Client, this form is much more important...Give a break. I could list several more examples, but the point is this: at Veredus, The Process is more important than the result. Secrecy. My Managers Lied to my face on a weekly Basis. I was told that on several hundred (Yes HUNDRED) occasions that "This is a hott Job" OR " We have manager Contact"... We never did. (I think this may have changed since I left, but its worth noting) Another example: I was told that they would hire me as a recruiter, and then move me into sales... Also a blatant lie that they tell everyone they hire. When I said something about this, they invented a "sales" position for me in which I would generate leads for the sales team, and have practically zero potential to make commission. Luckily, I didn't fall for it, and declined the "Promotion". I will Conclude with this: We had a "recruiter of the Week" Parking spot that Would go to whatever recruiter the managers decided to give it to each week. In my time there, They gave that spot out maybe 3 or 4 times... Can you guess who would use the spot when it wasnt given out....? My Manager! That's right, not only was my manager ELIGIBLE to win the spot, HE WAS THE DE FACTO OWNER WHEN IT WASN'T AWARDED TO SOMEONE. I would bet my my life savings that his car is sitting there right now....

Advice to Management

This isn't the 1980's. "Call Blitzes" and outbound Dial KPI's made sense when a recruiters best tool was a Rolodex. But in 2015, if it takes you more than 40 calls to find a candidate for a job, you are a bad recruiter. Take a Serious look at the business practices of the VRC. Everyone (including managers) are faking calls to make it look like they are hitting the ridiculous KPI's . Not that I blame them. Be more honest with your Recruiters. They are smarter than you think.

Veredus Response

Apr 13, 2015 – CEO

I am disappointed you didn’t have the experience you had hoped for during your time with Veredus. While many of the new hires in our VRC have had great success, some others have not. Technology ... More

6. an average contract company

Current Employee - North Carolina in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - North Carolina in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Veredus

Pros

good benefits, especially health benefits competitive rate

Cons

placed and forgotten no training seemed more interested in getting every penny of current contract then working with me to find next contract

Advice to Management

invest in your contractors; give them incentive to stay with Veredus.

7. Good Consulting Company to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Veredus

Pros

Good Company to work with

Cons

nothing that I found except the pay is kind of below market

8. cool and responsible

I have been working at Veredus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

networking is good in this area, case manager are all responsible and nice

Cons

maybe can have better annual celebration

Advice to Management

none

9. Great company culture. Very flexible. Invests in its employees

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Veredus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

supportive leadership team a lot of opportunity the best compensation structure you will come across in staffing work life balance is one of the best ones among other staffing companies

Cons

you can't be lazy and have to do work to get results

Advice to Management

keep supporting and giving back to your staff

Good contracting job during transition

Former Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Veredus

Pros

I was their consultant and worked for a very good client for almost 2 years. They have some good clients. The Health care starts on the first day which was good but it was expensive for a family with basic coverage. Their resource manager called me every other week and asked me how I am doing and she took us to lunch every so many weeks.

Cons

They pay very low to their consultants and I knew that because at the client's office, I was receiving their invoices for my work and their other consultants.

Advice to Management

Provide yearly merit increase for your consultants who work hard for your clients. Also, find a better 401K administrator, all the funds have high commission.

11. Great place!

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Veredus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved my time spent at Veredus. They invest a lot in training and reinforcing their employees. Lots of opportunity with Veredus, especially if you're willing to relocate. Dan, the CEO, is an awesome guy! Also, got to work with Dean Grimm who is also an incredible man.

Cons

They tend to promote "producers" to leadership roles, which hasn't turned out well. The leaders in place seem to have never led a group of people.

Advice to Management

Thoroughly seek out leaders for management roles, not just people that produce.

RSS Feed </> Embed