Veredus

Updated August 16, 2014
Updated August 16, 2014

4.4

Dan Rodriguez

Pros
  • Veredus is built on integrity and honesty making it such a great company to work for (in 6 reviews)

• They are always looking for new ways to drive business and keep things exciting for us (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No Cons working with this company (in 5 reviews)

• It is a very fast paced environment (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place to Work

Pros

Environment, culture, pay structure, promotion opportunities

Cons

None I can think of

Recruiters are Mules here...Get the training and leave before your year...Same old staffing agency...get out

Former Employee - IT Recruiter
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter

Pros

I admit, when I was there, they had a training process that just started which was fairly strong, it gave me my edge with IT Recruiting and is now helping me start my own recruiting practice. I would recommend going with Veredus just for the training if they still have one, but plan to get out after 6 months, don't try to build a future there. Don't be concerned with silly KPIs, its rubbish. Just get the training, get the experience, and get out. The recruiters are okay, but the Tampa office can be a bit stuffy and narcissistic. Everyone is so beautiful there, so if you're unattractive...forget it, which makes no sense since most of your interaction is by phone. There is a general preference to hire females because most of IT is considered a male-dominant industry. Management is another story.

Cons

I’m actually not bitter, I'm in a far better place now and working towards 2 years with my company. However, Veredus has become their worst enemy. Just like the other big brand agencies Robert Half, Teksystems, Aerotek, K-force, Insight Global, Volt, you name it. Recruiters are treated like mules. Here’s why, you have key people with the company for the life of the company, they bring in new recruiters, recruiter’s primary goal is to build out their database, make calls, qualify candidates. Then in a year, turnover and gradually bring in new “mules”. They keep their core people, but replace recruiters are they go. No chance in hell to grow with the company. The company then absorbs all the profits from candidates on assignments. If you notice, they have their current employees all right reviews to give you perception they are this great company. Sure, they’re great for those core staff. Sucks if you’re just starting out at the bottom. The only chance you have is if they are opening a new office. AMs/Recruiters couldn’t hack it in their HQ office in Tampa, so they leave to start elsewhere to be given a shot to grow with company. However, those new offices, like a virus, practices the same unfairness. I observed discrimination against protected class between the Sales team and candidates we submitted because of names, accents, race/color, gender/sex. Oh yes, the discrimination was so overt, that I was shocked and the clients we worked with encouraged this behavior. They have become what they dread most…a high turnover recruiter nightmare. My advice is this, go with them if you absolutely have no other choice, but have an exit plan from day 1 to get the hell out before a year…if you survive that long.

Why bother! They don't listen, they don't care, they don't ask, just hush and produce, produce, produce.

Veredus Response

Aug 21, 2014CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am disappointed it did not work out for you here, and even more disappointed you did not share your concerns with me prior to leaving ... More

Professional

Former Employee - Migration Support Technician  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Migration Support Technician in Tampa, FL

Pros

Veredus looks after Their employees,verifies information so you always know who,what,when where and why.

Cons

Not 100% sure I received all the feedback I needed.

Respond directly to any issues full on, If conflicts occur, be certain to address them to employees directly. example: I should have been asked to obtain a smartphone to maintain contact with a customer that used a bridge call for communications with field agents. In retrospect,lack of the tool caused irritation with the customer.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The place to go for staffing in Florida

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Deland, FL

Pros

Their interview process was thorough but efficient and fast. The recruiter (Amanda) and account manager (Mark) that I worked with were very quick to understand my interests and needs and found me a great opportunity right out of the gate. They have both stayed in active contact with me, and the support (HR) staff has also communicated regularly to make sure that everything is going well for me. From everything I can tell, this is a very well run company. Insurance and benefits day 1...that's a huge plus!

Cons

Because I'm working remote, the initial enrollment in benefits and payroll was a bit confusing, but it's been smooth sailing from there.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Fast, fun, open and honest.

Current Employee - QA Analyst  in  Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Rolling Meadows, IL

Pros

They communicate well. I have worked for other staffing companies and they usually left you in the dark. The people at Veredus, at least the ones I have dealt with, have all been open and direct. How refreshing!

Cons

Nothing so far, only relatively short time with company.

Keep doing what you are doing.

First staffing company to work for and hopefully the last!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

Pros

Talk about support! I immediately thought of recruiting as a "dog eat dog" world. I would be in an office but aggressive competitors resembling the Coliseum and gladiators going at it. It's the exact opposite. Everyone offers their help, makes sure you know their availability to open any and every question. I came on with no staffing experience not quite sure how things would work out. But I have had great success thanks to the support.

Cons

If you want a normal 8-5 desk job that provides minimal challenges, this probably isn't for you. You're success is a direct result of the amount of work you are willing to put in.

I'll let you know

Outstanding

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The people make the company. When I was working with outher compaines to find a job. They didnt give me the personal committment that Veredus did. I really felt like I found a home because of the people.

Cons

None at all. Veredus really showed me how a company should work for and treat there employess.

Keeep up the Great job you are doing !!!!!!

Growing company with lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL

Pros

The company is growing, so there's lots of opportunity for advancement for self- starters. Hard work is rewarded.

Cons

The usual pains of a growth company-- lots of work, salaries and benefits sometimes lag, but they are on the right track to correct this.

Pretty good

Current Employee - Data Architect  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Data Architect in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good people and Pay on time

Cons

None that i am aware of

Technical Recruiter

Pros

Great company! Great people! Very positive work environment. Hard work is rewarded.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment

Worked for Veredus? Contribute to the Community!