Verengo Solar Reviews

Reset
3.4
Verengo Solar CEO Anders Dahl
Anders Dahl

Pros
  • Competitive pay and a friendly, fast-paced company culture (in 8 reviews)

• The overall company culture and atmosphere is fantastic (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast-paced, always something new (in 7 reviews)

• growing pains and finding balance gets to be a challenge (in 5 reviews)

Mighty Ship but with NEW Sails

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We are strong and moving forward. We see lots of new opportunities opening up and are getting the picture of our new vision for the future....to be California's Solar Company. While there have been some stormy seas, there is a new hope and vision on the horizon. I would expect to see some big things in the coming months from Verengo. As a team we are optimistic for a "Sunny Future."

Cons

There is not the same culture as before. Less fun, less appreciation, but I know not all hope is lost.

Advice to Management

We miss the fun! Think of more creative ways to bring to joy back to Verengo. Team Building???

2. Good Company That Needs A Boost

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Verengo Solar (Less than a year)

Pros

Energetic company that can blossom…they are still one of the top residential solar companies in the nation, but management seems to have given up…EXPAND FIND MORE $!

Cons

The call center bombards potential customers as soon as they get the lead, expected quotas are not too realistic sometimes.

Advice to Management

Expand into new markets (specifically Florida once the law gets reformed to allow for third-party energy providers). Update the company software. Address negative customers reviews on review websites.

3. This review is "based on nothing"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in Torrance, CA

I worked at Verengo Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ I was hired quickly. + Training was online and concise + My boss was very available and knowledgeable + I found the Fantastic Cafe in Torrance. You've got to try the fried zucchini! + I only had to drive to HQ once when they offered me another sales job + I hadn't yet spent any time in the field before things went way south + I found another, better job the very next week because I'm a good employee and the solar industry in booming

Cons

** I was going to leave this vague, but that doesn't benefit anyone. ** - My boss and my role (which included a few other employees) were termed late one Friday afternoon - no warning or indication of problems. // Alarming - When I asked management why, I was told it was, "based on nothing" - their words not mine. It could be they didn't want to say, but that was a really thoughtless answer. It immediately made me question the leadership. // Worrying - My new boss and HR never replied to my standard questions about the new position such as, what's the pay structure, etc. They only replied with a term letter. // Obnoxious - The recruiter never answered my email of concern. // Careless The bottom line for me is that I'm glad I discovered this nonsense before I was too deeply entrenched and committed to the company. I'm much happier now that I don't work at Verengo. // Adios

Advice to Management

I wouldn't know where to begin to explain where they went wrong.

5. Canvasser

Former Employee - Canvasser in Hesperia, CA
    Former Employee - Canvasser in Hesperia, CA

Pros

You make good money when you actually try and get out there to set appointments and get leads. Hourly plus commission.

Cons

The solar industry is hard to work with being that everyone gets hit up. Door knocking gets harder and harder.

Advice to Management

Need more incentive for canvassers. They shouldn't be firing them or getting rid of the team.

6. Sales Manager

Pros

Good people to work with daily.

Cons

None at this time, company was pretty good.

Advice to Management

na

7. Negative Future

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I worked at Verengo Solar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with amazing people and making great friends.

Cons

The outlook of the company is looking incredibly negative! Sales aren't being meat, no growth, consistent layoffs. Lots of work expectations with little compensation. Little communication between upper management to "lower-level" employees.

Advice to Management

Keep your staff in the loop! Change your upper management, there are so many people that hold higher positions and literally don't do anything in the company and everyone questions why they're still employed

Five words fines blinds sam

Pros

My mother taught me to stay silent

Cons

Went through two weeks training to find out that the company is basically a pyramid scam and wanted my circle of friends and family on their sales goal list. Lame really lame. Also never got paid for my training time.

9. Fallen Giant

Former Employee - Canvasser in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Canvasser in Torrance, CA

I worked at Verengo Solar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once upon a time, Verengo Solar was the #1 Solar company in SoCal. All the elements that made that happen are now long gone.

Cons

New management doesn't care about lead generation or Sales. Everything was about advertising, digital media and radio and TV spots. They forgot that they still need people to talk to customers.

Advice to Management

None. You don't want our input, then you can just go do whatever you want. We'll be watching from afar. Very far.

10. Dispatch

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Fun environment, fast-paced, weekly party

Cons

Everything else. Managers play favorites. Mass layoffs.

Changing environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you worked here, you'd prob make several good career connections and friendships.

Cons

The new crew of executives is clique-y... Doesn't always feel we're on the same team anymore. No job security.

Advice to Management

Come down to earth and talk to your employees. And teach recruiting to write more authentic sounding reviews.

RSS Feed </> Embed