Verengo Solar Reviews

157 reviews filtered by
3.7
Verengo Solar CEO Randy Bishop
Randy Bishop

Pros
  • Great Work Environment - Fast paced work environment with a Family feel to the company, not a corporate juggernaut (in 8 reviews)

• Competitive pay, great structure, awesome company culture that really emphasizes the team (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a very competitive and fast-paced environment, may not be suitable for everyone (in 7 reviews)

• growing pains and finding balance gets to be a challenge (in 5 reviews)

1. Great pay and family like atmosphere if you can stand the long hours.

Current Employee - Canvasser in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is phenomenal for the little experience needed to succeed.
    Opportunities to move up the ranks quickly if you're a hard worker.
    Easy to sell at the door because its a free program.

Cons

Not paid for all the hours they take from your schedule. On a typical week I canvass for aprox 20 hours, yet the amount of time I am away from my home is over 40 hours per week. Due to 2 hours unpaid drive time every day and long meal breaks on the road, I typical clock 25 hours but the job keeps from my home for 40+ weekly. It's fine with me because I typicaly make triple my hourly in commission every week.
    incompitent employees at our call center can make the appointment setting job difficult at times.

Pay employees for all drive time. Ask employees how management can make their job easier.

2. TSR Phoenix Arizona

Former Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Verengo Solar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work, fun environment, very laid back. Not a whole lot to say at one time this company was a good company to work at.

Cons

Well before I begin telling you all of the cons about verengo let me just say I left the company because they do not appreciate their employees anymore.

There was a time when I first began to work here that everything was great you make good money the company was doing well.

Then about 1 year into the position the company did a massive layoff and they no longer cared about the employee's, money started getting bad . When you only make $10 an hour you truly depends on the Commission because if your is sales that's what you live for is the Commission and they began to changing the commission structure and making it hard for people to make good money so if they tell you that you can make good money don't believe them because only a few people do., and they have their favorites.

This is truly a boiler room environment when you're on top you're on top but when you're on the bottom trust me you're on the bottom.
    The leads that they give you are very old to call and you won't be getting any inbound calls unless you become, what they call a A Rep.

However if you are young and you want to get some sales experience on making outbound calls and try to talk to customers to set appointments then this is a good job for you.

Management is young and they have no direction. The company has been around for about 5 years and they just started to promote within. Very bad communication skills the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

3. Flexible hours, good work environment, low pay, and no benefits (if part-time)

Former Employee - Canvasser in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Canvasser in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Verengo Solar part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work environment is positive and supportive. The hours are flexible.

Cons

The pay is low considering the physical and psychological effort put into the work. You will work outside, sometimes on rainy or very hot days, and face constant rejection from homeowners. This is not easy work.

You will not receive benefits unless you work full time. Most Canvassers work part-time because the demand to produce more appointments working full time makes the work more difficult. There is a ranking system and if you fall below the quota, you can't work full time, so there is a disincentive to work full time. Overall, Canvassers don't receive benefits because they are mostly working part-time.

There is a lot of lead cancellations, so you might not even get paid for some appointments you set.

High turnover of Canvassers.

The work is challenging enough already the company should offer more financial incentives.

5. Not as sunny as it used to be.

Current Employee - Analyst in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Renewable solar energy cool factor, recognized company name.

Cons

Verengo Solar was an excellent company to work for when I first started working here a couple years ago but the work condition has deteriorated overtime.

These are the reasons why I am not happy with Verengo:

1. Too much workload. There are fewer people doing more work than before.
    2. Low compensation and benefits. Not many paid holidays.
    3. No direction from senior level management. Company plans are changing on a weekly, monthly basis. No one knows what is going on.
    4. Limited opportunity for promotion.
    5. Everyone is kind of in their own world and don't like to cooperated with other departments.

Please come up with a long term strategy and stick to it.

6. Verengo Worst Commission Structure

I have been working at Verengo Solar

Pros

Fellow employees are nice and friendly. Really good people to work with. However, that is it. This company rips off their salespeople

Cons

The worst commission structure in solar. I though Solar City was bad (they are), however; Verengo takes the cake. They take advantage of kids who don't know any better. Industry standard is 6 - 10% off gross sales. You lose tens of thousands of dollars working here. Verengo pays 1.1% - 3%. This is stealing from hard working sales people. If you work for Verengo, wake up! You can make 10 times as much working for a trustworthy solar company.

When your sales people become aware of how low your commission structure is, you are in deep trouble.
    BE FAIR! Stop ripping off your hard working sales teams.

7. Nice folks lack direction and real leads

Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant

I worked at Verengo Solar

Pros

Very casual environment, possibly a bit too casual for my taste. Outside Sales Reps have the potential to make great money.

Cons

The Inside Sales Position seems like an after thought for the company. I worked here during a time of many changes and lots of unrest. They hired a team of about 18 folks and only three people were left 90 days later. The Solar Market is adjusting and there seem to be so much uncertainty and direction. The leads we were provided with had been beat to death.. and new leads were few and far between. These new leads were filtered to the most tenured agents and there as very little opportunity to gain any momentum if your new. Hopefully this will change as time goes on.

Very mixed signals one manager told me he saw huge potential in me and he was excited to have me on the team. The very next week I was also laid off in a new series of cuts. So who knows..sometimes you have to clean house and recruit new folks when you have a whole new management team. Personal feelings aside I think the new management team if working together can remedy the issues and develop a solid sales floor.

8. Poorly managed company, told us to lie to our customers.

Former Employee - Canvasser in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Former Employee - Canvasser in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Verengo Solar

Pros

Helped improve door-to-door sales skills.

Cons

Sales pitch was a lie to customers, night shift was bad.

Please do something about the management and the sales force top to bottom.

9. Learn teamwork and integrity

Former Employee - Logistic Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Logistic Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Verengo Solar

Pros

Great chance for advancement and learning great values. also the chance for furthering education.

Cons

being gone 6 to 9 months a year for deployement is a drawback if you have family

No advice given. Core values and mission are set in stone.

10. Door to door advising customers about new solar programs available

I have been working at Verengo Solar

Pros

Has potential to earn a lot of money and save people a lot of money at the same time

Cons

Takes time away from social life with travelling time to different cities that are about an hour to 2 hours away.

11. Simply the best...

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar

Pros

1) Total integrity - what they say is what they do.
    2) Dynamic environment - be ready to adapt quickly.
    3) Best training in the industry - bar none!
    4) Most respected and trusted brand in the industry - A+ with the Better Business Bureau

Cons

Managers appear to be stretched to their limits. Be prepared to take initiative and be proactive about handling your business.