Verengo Solar

Updated October 18, 2014
4.1

Verengo Solar CEO Randy Bishop
Randy Bishop

Pros
  • Great Work Environment - Fast paced work environment with a Family feel to the company, not a corporate juggernaut (in 8 reviews)

• Competitive pay, great structure, awesome company culture that really emphasizes the team (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a very competitive and fast-paced environment, may not be suitable for everyone (in 7 reviews)

• growing pains and finding balance gets to be a challenge (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Liked Working Here

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Riverside, CA

I worked at Verengo Solar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was a Sales Rep working for Verengo. They are doing it the right way. Really good leadership in sales. They ask a lot of their sales team but treat you well in return. I got good leads and made good money, but left because of the hours. I really liked their emphasis on honesty and treating customers well.

Cons

Its all about the hours. Sales reps have to grind here. Lots of evenings and youll need to work weekends to get good leads and make good money (nature of the business - we need to run leads when homeowners are available to meet with us)

heard about recent changes where verengo is focusing more of its efforts in profitable markets and is now using inside sales for less profitable markets. makes good sense. also, please consider providing company vehicles for reps.

Very Exciting Future

Current Employee - Installation Foreman in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Installation Foreman in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Verengo is a great place to work! Everyone is super smart and hard-working. It's a very young company with lots of energy. Management is transparent and very approachable.

Cons

It's a very competitive and fast-paced environment, may not be suitable for everyone.

Bold Moves

Current Employee - Manager in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

finally! Leadership got smart and found a really good strategic partner and made some tough but necessary decisions about how we operate in expansion markets. I'm cautiously optimistic about where we're going.

Cons

very competitive industry puts pressure on the bottom line and one of the big competitors (sunrun) does things unethically

I've been waiting for this type of bold move for almost two years and was wondering if it would ever happen. My confidence is high.

Positive Company in Every Way

Current Employee - Recruiter in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is truly a positive company, from the company culture, team atmosphere, forward thinking, do well and good for everyone and everything. I love the opportunities here and it seems that we have only started to see where our company and industry as a whole is heading. The company values its customers, the employees, the community, and of course the world as we are part of finding solutions for the global energy crisis.

Cons

There are times where there is a lack of transparency from Management to their teams. Probably because there are some big changes in the midst but it can feel a bit unsettling to not know what is happening behind closed doors.

Talking to your staff promotes trust. This is the principle we are founded on. Trust that we can handle the truth and disclose more information up front. :)

great work place flexible management

Current Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The fact that there is the upward mobility within the infra- structure and the fact that they are flexible with making up work hours are two very positive attributes of the company

Cons

Constant change and guidelines are always in a state of flux

Try to make sure all levels of management are on same page. When there is policy change there is a lack of communication to all involved parties.

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Fast-paced
    - High energy
    - Challenging
    - Great Support and Training
    - Good Management
    - Awesome atmosphere

Cons

There is never a dull moment at Verengo.

Continue to deal with problems quickly, fairly and consistently.

The work environment at Verengo Solar is professional and fun at the same time.

Current Employee - Sales Support Manager in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Manager in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am new to Torrance and its a great place to live and work. Verengo provides top of the line tools to work with. It's a fast pace, comfortable working facility. Intelligent, friendly co-workers. Plenty of room for advancement. I can't say enough about how happy I am to work here. I look forward to coming to work every day. How many people can say that?

Cons

I have not found any "cons" as of yet.

Keep up the good work.

Lives by their values

Current Employee - Canvass in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Canvass in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing industry that lives by their values and trust their people. It is a fast paced environment where you can really drive what you and your team do.

Cons

Growing pains......we are growing so fast that things change and evolve almost on a daily basis. We work hard and play hard and are never bored.....really it is a good problem to have.

Stay the course on the mission and values

I love my job!

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The fun and collaborative culture, flexible schedule, and growth opportunities. I have been with Verengo for almost 2 years now, and it has been exciting to see the company grow and to see that management has invested in my career growth along with it. And we get to make a difference for our environment and our customers!

Cons

Seriously can't think of anything!

Continue to focus on your employees and the fun culture!

Great place to work!

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The team is knowledgeable, dedicated and has great chemistry. The corporate office environment is professional and friendly -and in a new building, with easy parking! Senior Leadership is thoughtful, dynamic, connected to the team and committed to the company's values. There are many opportunities for training and development. There are also opportunities as a team to give back to the community.

Cons

Haven't really found any cons yet... so, there's not a Starbucks IN the building (but there IS a decent coffee machine in the suite with various offerings and there are some vending machines in the building as well as a handful of restaurants nearby)...

Great job!