Verengo Solar Reviews

Reset

1. Field Marketing and Solar Consultant

Former Employee - Solar Consultant in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Solar Consultant in Torrance, CA

Pros

One of the best solar companies on the planet. That said it is fast paced and not an easy dollar. Great place to start if you can get up to speed quick. No stragglers. All in all it is worth the experience working for Verengo.

Cons

Selling for Verengo is fun when things are going well. This never lasts. Had 3 sales managers in one year in Orange County. Most sales reps there move on voluntarily or are pushed out within a year or two. They often brag about how many people they have hired not mentioning the churn.

Advice to Management

Do what it takes to hang on to good people.

2. telesales representative

Current Employee - TELESALES Representative in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - TELESALES Representative in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Verengo Solar (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is the best I have ever worked for. Excellent leadership, good money and fun people. I have been with this company for 4 years and loved every day of it.

Cons

very difficult to keep your status, this gives you all of the opportunities. If you drop into a lower status there is not much to help you back up.

Advice to Management

share the wealth between employees, offer some way to regain status.

3. People don

Pros

They pay ok, the phoenix management team was great.

Cons

This co. isn't what it was 2 years ago.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees.

5. Verengo

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Orange, CA

I worked at Verengo Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Verengo has advantages for a person who is very persistant and does not take no for an answer. The company has a great training program as well.

Cons

They have extremely high turnover and fail to understand the differentiation in customer bases across the regions and how to best influence customer decisions.

Advice to Management

More comprehensive advertising program and a diversified offering. The limited equipment and financing options left many customers unsatisfied and often lead to cancellations in contracts.

6. Sales

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time

Pros

Great culture Family vibe Outstanding sales training Quality people Clean installations

Cons

Can seem unstable due to constant changes long work hours a lot of driving Technology needs to improve

Advice to Management

Invest in technology and try to avoid making so many changes

Great company until the CEO/CFO decided to jump ship.

Current Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Easy to get into if you can jive with their "squeezing blood from a turnip" leads. Thankfully, most of managements "requirements" are just bluster at the moment because they lost most of their good reps. Decent benefits, PTO/sick days.

Cons

oh boy. The past 6-8 months has not been good for this company, or rather for it's employees. Despite the constant "everything's always sunny" attitude of management, This company is in a rather dark place. Upper management constantly changing from one month to the next, every change brings a complete overhaul in direction. They "refocused into smaller markets" which basically means they laid off about 1/2 of their overall workforce, and then cut a lot of their marketing. Everyone but the tip-top of sales and reps is basically pulling in about 60% of what we were pulling in last year.

Advice to Management

For those of you who actually stick around for longer than a month; good luck keeping the quality people you guys had a year ago on what you are paying them now. A lot of promises and not much actual delivery. Funny how we have all the talk of sacrifice when Verengo was on the ropes and yet we're "profitable" now and the sacrifice just became the new norm. Advice to people looking for a job here: keep on looking.

TSR Phoenix Arizona

Former Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - TSR in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Verengo Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work, fun environment, very laid back. Not a whole lot to say at one time this company was a good company to work at.

Cons

Well before I begin telling you all of the cons about verengo let me just say I left the company because they do not appreciate their employees anymore. There was a time when I first began to work here that everything was great you make good money the company was doing well. Then about 1 year into the position the company did a massive layoff and they no longer cared about the employee's, money started getting bad . When you only make $10 an hour you truly depends on the Commission because if your is sales that's what you live for is the Commission and they began to changing the commission structure and making it hard for people to make good money so if they tell you that you can make good money don't believe them because only a few people do., and they have their favorites. This is truly a boiler room environment when you're on top you're on top but when you're on the bottom trust me you're on the bottom. The leads that they give you are very old to call and you won't be getting any inbound calls unless you become, what they call a A Rep. However if you are young and you want to get some sales experience on making outbound calls and try to talk to customers to set appointments then this is a good job for you.

Advice to Management

Management is young and they have no direction. The company has been around for about 5 years and they just started to promote within. Very bad communication skills the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

9. Flexible hours, good work environment, low pay, and no benefits (if part-time)

Former Employee - Canvasser in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Canvasser in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Verengo Solar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is positive and supportive. The hours are flexible.

Cons

The pay is low considering the physical and psychological effort put into the work. You will work outside, sometimes on rainy or very hot days, and face constant rejection from homeowners. This is not easy work. You will not receive benefits unless you work full time. Most Canvassers work part-time because the demand to produce more appointments working full time makes the work more difficult. There is a ranking system and if you fall below the quota, you can't work full time, so there is a disincentive to work full time. Overall, Canvassers don't receive benefits because they are mostly working part-time. There is a lot of lead cancellations, so you might not even get paid for some appointments you set. High turnover of Canvassers.

Advice to Management

The work is challenging enough already the company should offer more financial incentives.

10. Great pay and family like atmosphere if you can stand the long hours.

Current Employee - Canvasser in Lancaster, CA
    Current Employee - Canvasser in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is phenomenal for the little experience needed to succeed. Opportunities to move up the ranks quickly if you're a hard worker. Easy to sell at the door because its a free program.

Cons

Not paid for all the hours they take from your schedule. On a typical week I canvass for aprox 20 hours, yet the amount of time I am away from my home is over 40 hours per week. Due to 2 hours unpaid drive time every day and long meal breaks on the road, I typical clock 25 hours but the job keeps from my home for 40+ weekly. It's fine with me because I typicaly make triple my hourly in commission every week. incompitent employees at our call center can make the appointment setting job difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Pay employees for all drive time. Ask employees how management can make their job easier.

Not as sunny as it used to be.

Current Employee - Analyst in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Renewable solar energy cool factor, recognized company name.

Cons

Verengo Solar was an excellent company to work for when I first started working here a couple years ago but the work condition has deteriorated overtime. These are the reasons why I am not happy with Verengo: 1. Too much workload. There are fewer people doing more work than before. 2. Low compensation and benefits. Not many paid holidays. 3. No direction from senior level management. Company plans are changing on a weekly, monthly basis. No one knows what is going on. 4. Limited opportunity for promotion. 5. Everyone is kind of in their own world and don't like to cooperated with other departments.

Advice to Management

Please come up with a long term strategy and stick to it.

RSS Feed </> Embed