VeriFone

VeriFone Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

VeriFone Chief Executive Officer Paul Galant

Paul Galant

Pros:
  • "Can work from home depending on your department and job"
    in 5 reviews
  • "If you look really, really carefully there are good people within the organization"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "No career growth, management clueless of the tech stack and cannot make decisions"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The company is struggling and the senior management is filling their pockets"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great

Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

ProsIt was a great environment working place. Everyone so much friendly & helpful. Company it self very large growing rapidly . Company provide lots of benefit for employe.

ConsFriendly environment. I had a nice working experience . Had a yearly bonus .

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comments

Very Tough!

Human Resources Representative (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsYou will learn a lot since there are not good specialization and people has to be multitask. People at all levels and in the vast majority of the countries are nice and are willing to help each other.
    Salaries are benefits are good.

ConsA lot of politics within the company. To be considered for a promotion you should be part of a management group and compromise in absolute loyalty. Frequently bad practices are hidden for management and lose a lot of time trying to find out who to blame to.
    There are no planning. I oftenly worked on plans that never saw reality, without considering that in 3 years I had 5 managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are dinosaurs.

New Leadership, Positive Outlook

ProsPositive improvements are on the horizon under the new leadership. Paul has a great vision for the company. The company is moving in the right direction. Salaries are fair with a decent benefits package. The overall work environment is positive.

ConsThere are a lot of talented people that work for the company; however, there is a lack of career growth and advancement opportunities. Some teams choose to work in silos vs. leveraging other people's skills to achieve a common goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees and encourage professional development

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Former Engineer - OS

Senior Software Design Engineer (Former Employee)
    Rocklin, CA

ProsWork to learn.
    I learned the secrets of linux in Verifone.
    The lower manager and the teammates were awesome.
    The greatest neighborhood in Rocklin CA.
    Learning the payment industry and contacting the international market vendors (walmart, verifone taxi, walgreen)

ConsFirst, I wanted to comment to the "LIARS" who claim (bonus) here.
    NO bonus, no promotion I have heard of, we were mocking the word "bonus" locally.

Very-Frugal-fone, payment is less than what I made as an intern!!

The upper management are having no clue what they are planning for (just like a social government, whoever has the highest rank in the party, will make the decision, regardless to his efficiency).

Customers are not satisfied at all.

I changed 5 managers in two years (working in the same team) - yes every 5 months in average my manager changed!
    I got bad evaluation from a manager who didnt see me onsite (and because of not being onsite- they changed him).

I got a strange and unexpected layoff.

Many managers manage 2-3 engineers only, many directors supervise 2-3 managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks, I learned the secrets of OS from Verifone OS team.
    More thanks for laying me off, within two months after, I found a much better job, much better payment, much better MIT / Harvard /CMU /NEU / BU PhDs.
    You gave me a good motivation to discover myself, to get a better career and better income.

Fight hard for your position, no one will hire you, maybe in the best case enlisted lowest ranks in the army.
    Apply as enlisted in the army, I hope you can pass the decision making test.

Changing the CEO doesn't work, the system is already corrupt.

Good

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Savannah, GA

ProsCompany has multiple solutions, opportunities, etc to advance skills, delivery quality products that matter. The employees are task driven with customer services at the heart of each decision made.

ConsManagement needs to refocus on investing in quality current employees
    The concept of outsourcing everything and do more with less is hurting ability to scale, product delivery, and quality

Advice to Senior ManagementRefocus on current employees

Pretty Good

ProsFlexible
    Co-Workers are typically nice
    Supportive environment

ConsA bit too much beaucracy

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO was doing restructuring and I think the timing/ amount of time it took has upset some plans.

Full of Political Bureaucracy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslot of potential in the organization to lead the industry,

ConsWorst Management structure. Many people been there for more than 25+ years and will not let you make any changes in organization. part of the reason why the organization internal structure and process is out dated and chaotic. Management can't face the ugly truth.....

Advice to Senior Managementplease bring in some fresh blood and fresh idea to the top - to - Mid level management. and focus on employee career growth.

Not customer focused

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLimited work life balance for employees

ConsNot interested in project management best practices

Full of politics and firing

Java Developer (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsNothing to say about the company which is good.

ConsExpectations are too high. They expect you to work till midnight and work in the weekends whether you are full time or contractor. Else, you will be fired within in hours.
    Typical desi culture but calling themselves as a client company. They expect you to sit in front of the laptop all the time and spy you all the time. They dont even have a proper infrastructure for IT employees.
    We were asked to seat in the back office where there is no AC, proper light.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont work in IT jobs. Go and do a labor job which is more suitable for you

New CEO, same old stuff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you look really, really carefully there are good people within the organization. Good pay, good benefits.

ConsIt's a dinosaur of a company that doesn't know who it is. The people inside are more concerned with backbiting each other than looking outside at what is happening around them. Rightfully so, there is no trust within the organization. And each time they switch directions -- which happens about once a quarter -- they loose the good, right people and the old, crappy management remains.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck

Worked for VeriFone? Contribute to the Community!

VeriFone Videos

VeriFone – Why Work for Us?

VeriFone is a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment where employees focus on developing industry defining solutions. We work with the best and brightest in our industry around the globe. Our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VeriFone reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VeriFone CEO Paul Galant . All 99 reviews posted anonymously by VeriFone employees.