VeriFone

VeriFone Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

VeriFone Chief Executive Officer Paul Galant

Paul Galant

Pros
  • Can work from home depending on your department and job(in 6 reviews)

• If you look really, really carefully there are good people within the organization(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance: Depends on Manager, Project, team-mates(in 4 reviews)

• No career growth, management clueless of the tech stack and cannot make decisions(in 6 reviews)

Great

Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsIt was a great environment working place. Everyone so much friendly & helpful. Company it self very large growing rapidly . Company provide lots of benefit for employe.

ConsFriendly environment. I had a nice working experience . Had a yearly bonus .

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comments

Great company, excellent work life balance and managers that can see the BIG, BIG picture ahead!

(Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsThis company is going through growth and changes. As most companies in today’s day and age, there must be a consistant change or adaptation while continuing to be innovative as a leader within the industry.
    VeriFone has a long standing history, with a large scale of clients within the US and Globally.

The work hours can be long, however the management understands that employee's do have a life and families outside of work. The management team understands and works with its employees. Many of the people who work for VeriFone have been here 3-15 plus years with the company.

ConsWith changes, come learning new processes and a learning curve. It’s always great to come into a company with new ideas, be creative and adaptable. As long as you are willing to work hard, be dedicated and show interest in the direction that you and the company are going, you will likely be a solid employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue promoting a positive culture, including flexiblity with work life balance and family values.

The strong will thrive and the weak will perish. Changed my life for better.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity for driven individuals to shine.
    Active, Industry leader. There is always a new product or project in the pipeline.
    Hires and promotes from within first.
    Recognition is given and performance is rewarded.
    Company wide week long shutdown 2x a year = time off without work piling up.

ConsSink or swim approach to new hires. Works well when hiring from within but outsiders need to quick and capable to make it here. Aggressive approach to the marketplace means many positions require the employee to remain "always on". Slackers and B team players need not apply.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Superb!

Senior Support Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsThe high standard of the company.

ConsI don't remember one so far..

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

the way to pay..nice ompany

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) New Delhi (India)

Prosgood environment and flexibility to working time

Consno extra activities and play activites

Advice to Senior Managementneeds some extracurricular activites

New Leadership, Positive Outlook

ProsPositive improvements are on the horizon under the new leadership. Paul has a great vision for the company. The company is moving in the right direction. Salaries are fair with a decent benefits package. The overall work environment is positive.

ConsThere are a lot of talented people that work for the company; however, there is a lack of career growth and advancement opportunities. Some teams choose to work in silos vs. leveraging other people's skills to achieve a common goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees and encourage professional development

Pretty Good

ProsFlexible
    Co-Workers are typically nice
    Supportive environment

ConsA bit too much beaucracy

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO was doing restructuring and I think the timing/ amount of time it took has upset some plans.

Great

ProsThere are some really great people working here

ConsThere is often pressure felt by management that upsets life/work balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementStability

Company is in transformation mode, very positive direction

(Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsAs the company has struggled over the past few years a major transformation started just a couple months ago. There is a much greater focus on new product development, new ways of doing things that is really bringing much of what was out-date in terms of management and process more up to date. There are still challenges, but management has taken on a listening approach that is enabling things to get done faster and more in line with what is good for the employee population. It is an exciting time to be here because there is so much to do..

ConsMany changes as well as the management style for the past few years have taken their toll on morale. It is an uphill battle to get people pumped about how things are getting better and will keep getting better. Before there was a focus on profits at any cost and that really got people down. Today there is a new attitude from the top down that is much more focused on how a engaged employee population translates into greater productivity and a better, happier company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going with the new focus areas. Continue to work on better acquisition integration. Never stop listening to the rank and file employees who are the bread and butter of the organization as well as your chief evangelists. Embrace the corporate cultures of other great companies and get some of those fringe benefits in the hands of the people who work the hardest.

Good Learning Experience

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWork from Home Option,Mobile & Internet Bill Reimbursements

ConsHave less oppurtunity to showcase our skills

Worked for VeriFone? Contribute to the Community!