VeriFone

VeriFone Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

VeriFone Chief Executive Officer Paul Galant

Paul Galant

Pros
  • Can work from home depending on your department and job(in 6 reviews)

• If you look really, really carefully there are good people within the organization(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance: Depends on Manager, Project, team-mates(in 4 reviews)

• No career growth, management clueless of the tech stack and cannot make decisions(in 6 reviews)

Good initiatives taken and fast thinking will help to grow here

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsTechnical Leadership: Some of the architects are the main reason why company is surviving. Discussion with experienced architects on designs to solve an issue, or work on an enhancement allows the developers to improve themselves.

Benefits: Since it is in a transition , if you know Core Java, lots of opportunities to work in upcoming projects.

Promotions: Take good initiative and prove the results of the initiative. Thinking Fast will help to go up the career easily.

ConsWork-Life balance: Depends on Manager, Project, team-mates. Some managers will only bother about work and not life balance. It is lucky not to get such managers.
    Personal Growth: If you take initiative, then you can grow. But ideas are welcome only if you prove yourself technically good. Otherwise, you will be exploited thoroughly
    Perks: Okay.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont take decisions at the click of your hand without reasoning well.
    Dont assume that weekends are also working days.
    Dont force people to accept without proper discussion/reasoning.
    Give chance to team mates to explain.
    Technical Leader is always better to make proper decisions.

Good Pay, but no career growth or opportunities

ProsGood Pay
    Flexible work hours
    Work from home option

ConsCareer growth options are very less or Nill
    Senior Management may not focus much on IT

a company in transition

Prosindependent environment to work with lots of growth opportunities

Consfocused on short term gains often presents mid term problems

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No clear direction and lack of communication from management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to work with other teams and pick up new skills
    Not much else

ConsNo clear company direction at the local level.
    Poor communication from leadership down.
    Very high pressure environment
    Not much support from some leaders

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the lead to drive changes rather than bringing in contractors to do the work. Engage with team members more and communicate changes regularly rather than leaving everything last minute.

Former Engineer - OS

Senior Software Design Engineer (Former Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsWork to learn.
    I learned the secrets of linux in Verifone.
    The lower manager and the teammates were awesome.
    The greatest neighborhood in Rocklin CA.
    Learning the payment industry and contacting the international market vendors (walmart, verifone taxi, walgreen)

ConsFirst, I wanted to comment to the "LIARS" who claim (bonus) here.
    NO bonus, no promotion I have heard of, we were mocking the word "bonus" locally.

Very-Frugal-fone, payment is less than what I made as an intern!!

The upper management are having no clue what they are planning for (just like a social government, whoever has the highest rank in the party, will make the decision, regardless to his efficiency).

Customers are not satisfied at all.

I changed 5 managers in two years (working in the same team) - yes every 5 months in average my manager changed!
    I got bad evaluation from a manager who didnt see me onsite (and because of not being onsite- they changed him).

I got a strange and unexpected layoff.

Many managers manage 2-3 engineers only, many directors supervise 2-3 managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks, I learned the secrets of OS from Verifone OS team.
    More thanks for laying me off, within two months after, I found a much better job, much better payment, much better MIT / Harvard /CMU /NEU / BU PhDs.
    You gave me a good motivation to discover myself, to get a better career and better income.

Fight hard for your position, no one will hire you, maybe in the best case enlisted lowest ranks in the army.
    Apply as enlisted in the army, I hope you can pass the decision making test.

Changing the CEO doesn't work, the system is already corrupt.

Great

Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsIt was a great environment working place. Everyone so much friendly & helpful. Company it self very large growing rapidly . Company provide lots of benefit for employe.

ConsFriendly environment. I had a nice working experience . Had a yearly bonus .

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comments

Full of Political Bureaucracy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslot of potential in the organization to lead the industry,

ConsWorst Management structure. Many people been there for more than 25+ years and will not let you make any changes in organization. part of the reason why the organization internal structure and process is out dated and chaotic. Management can't face the ugly truth.....

Advice to Senior Managementplease bring in some fresh blood and fresh idea to the top - to - Mid level management. and focus on employee career growth.

Very Tough!

Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsYou will learn a lot since there are not good specialization and people has to be multitask. People at all levels and in the vast majority of the countries are nice and are willing to help each other.
    Salaries are benefits are good.

ConsA lot of politics within the company. To be considered for a promotion you should be part of a management group and compromise in absolute loyalty. Frequently bad practices are hidden for management and lose a lot of time trying to find out who to blame to.
    There are no planning. I oftenly worked on plans that never saw reality, without considering that in 3 years I had 5 managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are dinosaurs.

Not customer focused

Project Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLimited work life balance for employees

ConsNot interested in project management best practices

New Leadership, Positive Outlook

ProsPositive improvements are on the horizon under the new leadership. Paul has a great vision for the company. The company is moving in the right direction. Salaries are fair with a decent benefits package. The overall work environment is positive.

ConsThere are a lot of talented people that work for the company; however, there is a lack of career growth and advancement opportunities. Some teams choose to work in silos vs. leveraging other people's skills to achieve a common goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees and encourage professional development

Worked for VeriFone? Contribute to the Community!