VeriPic

www.veripic.com

VeriPic Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

John Kwan

This is not for everyone. The work is hard but satisfying.

Account Executive (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThis is California and work life balance is a struggle at any company but, I think VeriPic offers a good balance. People work hard because they are passionate and want to make a difference in the world. Yes, most people check email or work from home in evenings but getting to work at 7 AM means you're out at 3 or 4 PM and you can do a little shopping before dinner or going home.

ConsVeriPic isn't perfect but I like it here so much that I have a hard time complaining about anything. The only issue is that the building is a little older but the management paid to have it remodeled and I do love having the best looking bathrooms in the Silicon Valley. The bathrooms are actual bathrooms and not stalls so there's plenty of privacy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change anything. You are doing a great job !!!

Can be really rewarding to work here, can be really frustrating

ProsA lot of people here really care. We all work very hard to make sure that our customers have the support they need. We are also big on teamwork. Everyone comes together to figure out how to solve issues, whether we are facing an obstacle due to internal process that needs tweaking because we are growing and can no longer function like a small company, or a challenge regarding a customer. The company has a lot of big ideas and goals, and it has a lot of drive to make those ideas happen and achieve those goals. If you come here and work hard, there is a lot of reward with that. Sometimes the reward is just the high you get from working with a great group of people on a complex problem that you figure out together, implement, and ultimately have a happy customer or new sale. Sometimes the reward is a congrats or thank you email from a co-worker, manager, a customer, or even the CEO. And of course, if you are in sales, the reward can be $$$ while your customer's reward is relief for a pounding headache and nightmare process. Either way, whether you are a part of our intelligent engineering department, high energy sales team, or other areas like our creative and driven marketing team, you get to have a lot of fun and, best of all, you get to make a difference in communities throughout the country.

ConsThis is a difficult question to answer because I have really enjoyed working here. But, with all the big ideas and goals, and great, talented people here, the company really needs a clear, solid direction on where it wants to go and how it plans to get there. Ideas and goals are nice to have, but only if they make sense, are thoroughly vetted and properly planned before implemented. It extremely frustrating and a bumpy ride to achieving success in sales, marketing, and engineering without appropriate processes, and a stable company direction that is thoroughly planned for.

Also, the company is working hard to scale which is a positive, but can feel like a negative. This phase in the company's history has been the most difficult part of it's life yet because the old employees don't like change and the new employees are desperate for it. So, finding the right processes and making sure the right strategies are really well planned and followed through on can be tricky, and painful for all employees during that process. But, if the company can find its heading and route to get there, it will be extremely successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out where you want to go, make a plan, vet your ideas thoroughly, and follow through. You have a lot of great talent, and people who really care and want to make a difference both internally and with their customers. We just need to know where you want us to focus.

I love the customers, people and product

Marketing Associate (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThis is a great environment to have worked. The customers are really polite. The people at the company really care about making society a better place. That's why they work here.

ConsManagement cares a lot about productivity and the happiness of the customers. The managers are quick to fire people who don't pull their weight. The best way to stay employed is to do a good job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm glad you fire the bad employees so fast. Negative attitudes are infectious and bad for the rest of us who try to do a good job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working for VeriPic is the best job ever !

Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe work is very hard, but the psychological satisfaction is wonderful. The culture as well as the environment is well worth the effort with great leadership.

ConsI have to work hard to achieve my goal. Once the work is done and I see high quality code wrapped inside the shell of a great product I feel a real sense of pride.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. You're on the right track.

Mixed bag of greatness with some minor stress

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood Culture where stated Values are adhered to. Exceptions are few and stand out like sore thumbs. Employees are allowed a good amount of freedom and there is a level of trust between the leadership and the individual contributors that I've not seen at any other company I've been at.

People are given mind share to introduce intelligent change into the organization.

I love the benefits package.

ConsVeriPic is a very customer-driven company, so most decisions are made to cater to customers. This sometimes puts stress on the employees but I understand this is necessary because this is a growing company and customer satisfaction is what drives growth. THe planned growth in 2014 is 95% year over year which is extremely agressive. We'll have to wait and see if we adhere to plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the "Bay Area Only" mindset. Learn to have teams in states other than California. That will help the company grow.

It was a good place to work.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsCustomers like the product. Employees like the company. 2000 Facebook Likes from customers and employees tell the story. Lots of followers on LinkedIn.

The employees form a community. Current and former employees and management get together regularly even after you leave the company. I love this atmosphere. The group goes to happy hour, dancing, volleyball and other events. Once you're outside the office you are all equal and part of the VeriPic family. Management and employees all interact as a family.

ConsI don't have any complaints. It was the best years of my career. I only wish I didn't change my living circumstances.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. You have great experience from your past especially the company that went public. Just keep on doing what you've been doing.

I learned a lot here

ProsI came to the company as a new graduate. I didn't know a lot but the company has a really good training program and I learned a lot. I am now really good at my job.

ConsI don't have too much bad stuff to say. I have the latest computer equipment. Everybody gets to use dual screens from the receptionist to the CEO. The only thing is that this is an early morning company. Most of the customers are in the Eastern Time Zone so some people have to be here at 6 AM.

Advice to Senior ManagementDominate the market and make VeriPic the most respected brand.

This job will challeng your skills.... in a good way.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe training is top notch. You would normally not expect it for a mid-sized company but everything is extremely organized. You start with 2 weeks of orientation and training where every hour of the process is scripted with information about the products and the market. Then you are mentored by being assigned to one senior team member who will show you how it's done. Every process is documented so if you have any question about anything you can easily get the answer.

ConsThe company used to be smaller and more cozy. As the company's reputation got better and better growth set in and it's gotten to the point where the people that I knew at the begining are only a small fraction of the total number of people. I left last year and it had a great environment then and now as far as I know. I hope that growth doesn't change the environment going forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven with your growth and success I hope you will continue to work hard to keep the culture and environment the same as in years past.

Best #1 Coolest Most Awesome Company That Ever Existed Not Only In The Silicon Valley But In The Whole Entire World

Pros- The #1 reason to work here is all the privacy you will get every time you need to use the toilet. Gone are the days when you have to time your bathroom breaks in order to avoid your nosy coworkers! Go to the bathroom in peace and take as much time as you need. Our generous management has spent tons of money making these the best bathrooms you will find anywhere in the silicon valley. Do you even need another reason to accept the offer?
    -The food here is even better than Google. Googlers are jealous of Veripicians because of the delicious fresh food we get every day from management.
    - VeriPic currently has 2,697 likes on facebook. (As of 8:26 PM May 5, 2014, as I'm sure our numbers will continue to soar!) You know it's a good company when so many people take the time and effort to click the like button on facebook. This translates directly into a great working environment for employees.
    -I don't even mind the hassle of driving to the bank every two weeks because of my excitement over saving the environment by using recycled envelopes. Who knows what these envelopes might have been used for otherwise? They probably would have ended up in a landfill!
    - In closing, the management is WORLD CLASS, top-notch, sharpest tools in the shed, brightest crayons in the box. I am truly surprised that Google or LinkedIn or Facebook has not poached our awesome management away yet.

ConsThere are absolutely 0 cons. This company is perfect and there is no room for improvement whatsoever. The only possible problem is that there is only one Sarah Dempsey.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know what else to say other than... KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING!! : ) Hire 20 Sarah Dempsey clones.
    Take legal action against those bad, bad people posing negative reviews over and over again. it is clearly the same person with shall we say an "axe to grind." Seriously, if you analyze the white space usage, it is SO obvious that it's the same person over and over again.

Totally awesome company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat training !!!

I came here with a good education but no prior knowledge of government sales. The management taught me everything. Now I know all about bids, RFPs, budget cycles, sole source, etc.

The management here is excellent. Sarah Dempsey is a top notch manager and knows every little detail about the needs of Law Enforcement and why our product is right for them. John Kwan, our founder, and Tony Chang the head of engineering are some of the world's smartest engineers and really know the software industry. They have lots of stories to tell from other companies where they've worked at before. Lots of experience between all of them.

If you want some of the world's best training this is the place to be.

ConsI wish I could have gone to more conferences. Those are really fun to be at.

Advice to Senior ManagementRotate people to the conferences more often so that everybody in the sales staff gets several chances to go to a conference each year.

Worked for VeriPic? Contribute to the Community!