VeriPic Reviews

3.7
John Kwan

Enjoying the ride

I have been working at VeriPic full-time

Pros

The customers love us and love the product. That makes working in sales easy. I like meeting customers in person a lot.

Cons

The phone system has voice distortion problems. It's hard to do my work if the phone system won't behave properly sometimes.

Advice to Management

Allocate more time for the sales people to meet customers in person. Go to more conferences.

2. Exponential Growth ?

I worked at VeriPic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aquarium is a very nice meeting room. Some people are very is to work with, others not so much, if they are still there.

Cons

Poor Benefits compared to any company. Company was not looking to good when I was there. Poorly Managed. The idea of the product is great just poorly executed. Sales have been low. High turn over rates.

Advice to Management

Firing people won't bring business. Update the product. Change the culture or sell the company.

3. Horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

ALL sales people last 9 mths tops. Look on Linkedin, only one sales rep has been there over a year. The sales/marketing director quit 6 mths ago and so did their sales manager who took her place since then. The company implemented salary cuts and furloughs multiple times. No doubt, in my mind, the company will be closed in the next year.

Cons

Ability to work remote, other than that, absolutely NOTHING!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Your reputation in the industry is horrendous with having a new rep every few months. Also, don't cut budget where a sales rep can't present in person, face time is important with sales. Lastly, come out with products that work, it's embarrassing showing products with so many bugs.

Aug 9, 2015 – VeriPic Corporate

The company believes every employee and ex-employee is entitled to their own opinion. If they want to write a negative opinion it is their option to do so. However, we have been having a problem with ... More

Good place to work

I have been working at VeriPic full-time

Pros

I like working here. The company sells body worn cameras and storage systems to police departments so this is a good market to be in. The work is rewarding because we are making society better by helping law enforcement.

Cons

I can't think of any right now. I like the management and I like my coworkers. The building is a nice location and comfortable to work in.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Keep doing what you are doing. Society would be a better place because of the work you are doing.

6. They micro manage and will take advatage anyway they can

I worked at VeriPic (Less than a year)

Pros

None! Don't try to work here

Cons

The management / owners don't care about you. The product is very poor. They ask you to lie about performance and features.

Advice to Management

Get a jog doing something else.

Aug 9, 2015 – VeriPic Corporate

We have a person who was fired. That person spends their time writing bad reviews about the company over and over like this review. We, like all companies should, fire people who either don't ... More

I liked it... a lot

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at VeriPic full-time

Pros

The interview process was hard. They really wanted to make sure that I was right for the job and the job was right for me.

Cons

The company made a small number of hiring mistakes since I started working here. The company corrected these by firing the people but it took about 6 or 7 months before they fired the people. That should have been done faster.

Advice to Management

You should fire the disruptive people faster instead of giving them chance after chance.

The company cares about its customers, its employees and making society a better place

Pros

VeriPic's mission is to make society better and safer by helping Law Enforcement. It does this by putting Body Worn Cameras (BWC) on police officers to help document what really happens when police interact with the public. The police really want this because it protects them from liability lawsuits. The public wants this because these cameras document what really happens. I work here because I believe in the company's mission. I also work here because the company's management has a lot of experience in software and getting products into the hands of police agencies. The work is hard but the work is also satisfying. It's good to know that I am helping to put a camera in the hands of so many police officers. The executives are also very experienced having worked at Adobe, Symantec, Xerox, etc. I have learned a lot from working here and it has definitely enhanced my career. I have also learned what to do to sell systems worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is not your everyday sales job. I intend to stay here for many years.

Cons

Some competitors' products are inferior but they know how to muddy up the water and sound like their products are as good as ours. That makes the sales job tougher. We also had some turnover but I knew the people that were let go and they were definitely deserving of being fired. Those two people then proceeded to post negative reviews about the company and that has hurt the company's ability to hire good people. If you do read some negative reviews, do your homework and call the company and talk to the people who are currently here to get the real story. Don't give up on the best job you can ever have by letting a review keep you from it.

Advice to Management

Spend more money on marketing so that the true quality of the products will be known to the public.

9. The company is in some trouble.

Former Employee - Developer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Developer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

They don't micro manage you. Multiple bathrooms.

Cons

This was probably the worst company I've ever worked for. There is a total lack of direction, the turnover is off the charts and people are generally not happy. Since being here we had a one week shut down with no pay/mandatory furlough, 10% salary cut across the board for everyone and travel for sales was put on hold. How are you supposed to sell? The previous review, which was obviously written by the CEO, is not an accurate review. Upon starting here, there was one person in sales at Veripic beyond 5 months. That is pretty scary to walk into on your first day. In addition, the Director of Sales and Marketing just resigned and so did their main developer, when he was at his annual review and being told he was getting raise. According to him, he took a lower salary position. The reviews that keep mentioning two employees is just a way for the CEO to say that the same two people are writing these reviews. Well it's not the case and the ones written by the CEO are obvious, because they pretty much say the same thing. If you really want to get a true idea of how Veripic is, reach out to someone on Linkedin. Im sure you will find an abundance of people that are "past employees", which will give you a sense of the turnover and you will find a few that are current. When you see the current employees on Linkedin, besides the CEO and his wife, only two others have been there beyond two years. Lastly, I really don't write reviews, but the misleading reviews that attributed to me joining Veripic, has put my family in a tough and scary position.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

Aug 9, 2015 – VeriPic Corporate

Can be really rewarding to work here, can be really frustrating

Pros

A lot of people here really care. We all work very hard to make sure that our customers have the support they need. We are also big on teamwork. Everyone comes together to figure out how to solve issues, whether we are facing an obstacle due to internal process that needs tweaking because we are growing and can no longer function like a small company, or a challenge regarding a customer. The company has a lot of big ideas and goals, and it has a lot of drive to make those ideas happen and achieve those goals. If you come here and work hard, there is a lot of reward with that. Sometimes the reward is just the high you get from working with a great group of people on a complex problem that you figure out together, implement, and ultimately have a happy customer or new sale. Sometimes the reward is a congrats or thank you email from a co-worker, manager, a customer, or even the CEO. And of course, if you are in sales, the reward can be $$$ while your customer's reward is relief for a pounding headache and nightmare process. Either way, whether you are a part of our intelligent engineering department, high energy sales team, or other areas like our creative and driven marketing team, you get to have a lot of fun and, best of all, you get to make a difference in communities throughout the country.

Cons

This is a difficult question to answer because I have really enjoyed working here. But, with all the big ideas and goals, and great, talented people here, the company really needs a clear, solid direction on where it wants to go and how it plans to get there. Ideas and goals are nice to have, but only if they make sense, are thoroughly vetted and properly planned before implemented. It extremely frustrating and a bumpy ride to achieving success in sales, marketing, and engineering without appropriate processes, and a stable company direction that is thoroughly planned for. Also, the company is working hard to scale which is a positive, but can feel like a negative. This phase in the company's history has been the most difficult part of it's life yet because the old employees don't like change and the new employees are desperate for it. So, finding the right processes and making sure the right strategies are really well planned and followed through on can be tricky, and painful for all employees during that process. But, if the company can find its heading and route to get there, it will be extremely successful.

Advice to Management

Figure out where you want to go, make a plan, vet your ideas thoroughly, and follow through. You have a lot of great talent, and people who really care and want to make a difference both internally and with their customers. We just need to know where you want us to focus.

Working for VeriPic is the best job ever !

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at VeriPic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is very hard, but the psychological satisfaction is wonderful. The culture as well as the environment is well worth the effort with great leadership.

Cons

I have to work hard to achieve my goal. Once the work is done and I see high quality code wrapped inside the shell of a great product I feel a real sense of pride.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You're on the right track.

RSS Feed </> Embed