Verian

Verian President & CEO Tehseen Ali Dahya
Tehseen Ali Dahya

Great Company, Great People

I have been working at Verian full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company really knows how to treat employees. The recruiting process took a while - they were thorough, but by the time I was hired, I was 100% sure that this company had what I was looking for, and that I was the right fit.

Cons

Recruiting process did take a while, so I was glad that I had flexibility with my timing.

LOVE the focus on the people - employees and customers!

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Indian Land, SC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Indian Land, SC

I have been working at Verian full-time

Pros

The best things about Verian:
    - Flexible Schedules & Work Life Balance
    - Good Salary & Bonus structures
    - Great group of people
    - Opportunities to grow within or transfer departments
    - Multiple perks (happy hours, events, table tennis, chili cookoffs, etc)
    - They will go the extra mile to retain great employees
    - They are open about the companies financials

Cons

There have been some growing pains in the past couple of years, but they seemed to have addressed most of them. Unfortunately those growing pains resulted in a loss of some great employees.

Solicit feedback from employees occasionally.
    Standardize some of the common processes

Great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Consultant  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun Environment, Good Technology Stack, Nice Pay and Benefits. Upper Management cares for the employees.

Cons

Might get monotonous sometimes. But otherwise okay

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company I ever worked for, bar none.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Verian full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, the atmosphere and the compensation are all big perks to this company.
    The CEO acknowledges an appreciates his staff and the role that each of us play in making this company successful. My co workers in each department are super people and very likable. Their is also considerable flexibility and latitude afforded to us.

Cons

Some of the growing pains means their is not always a clear cut path or direction; which can lead to some ambiguity and frustration at times. So structurally, there is still some work to do.

My advice to management is simple; have a regular meeting with those subordinate to you.
    Continue to remain open to their concerns, thoughts and needs. Ensure they feel connected to what is going on respective to their position; and supply them the tools/frame work for success.

Verian Response

May 27, 2014Talent Acquisition Leader

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you’re enjoying your time at Verian.

'Best Place to Work'! Company and Culture

Current Employee - Director of Human Resources  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people are the best of the best, and are the primary reason Verian won the designation "Best Places to Work" in Charlotte! Devoted, dedicated, bright, passionate, client-focused and caring are just some of the adjectives that come to mind when I think of our team!

Cons

Resources are dedicated with frugality in mind, which some may see as a con.....from my perspective, it's a factor that helps keep us profitable, stable and able to grow!

I am incredibly proud of our leadership team, who not only understand how to move our business forward in the marketplace, but also devote their time and energies to each individual on their team, on a daily basis. Managers encourage their employees to expand their careers at Verian, taking on new challenges and exploring new work vistas, which is unique and rare in today's business culture. Putting a team member on a career path to achieve their short and long term goals is a regular occurrence at Verian, and helps to promote both individual and corporate success!

I feel like I make a difference everyday.

I have been working at Verian full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a sense of community here. I feel heard and respected, and I know my colleagues are as passionate as I am about helping our clients and building a world class organization.

Cons

We are a company of under 100 employees but growing quickly, we sometime experience what can be best described as growing pains.

Continue to be judicious in your hiring. Hire only the best and we will continue on our magnificent jury.

Small but growing, privately held company

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Indian Land, SC
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Indian Land, SC

I have been working at Verian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

While growing, it still has a small-company feel. Individual work is valued more highly than at larger companies. Management has been very flexible with employee working conditions, allowing several employees to work remotely when needed. A few team members even work remotely full time.

Cons

"ColdFusion experience" is not a very marketable bullet point on your resume.

Company is going through "growing pains" as it transitions from a company where one person could know every feature of our software, to one where that is not possible any more.

Benefits are not that great, compared to what you would get from a large corporation.

Surrounded by progressively thinking and intelligent team members.

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Verian is a place to exercise critical thinking skills, develop and promote new ideas, listen and be heard, participate in multiple work and social activities, have fun, work - all with a laser focus for taking care of customers.

Cons

The year-over-year growth in all areas of the business causes pain. Not all areas of the organization mature at the same pace. This not a con, it just requires patience and understanding.

Remember to show the same love to team members that you do to customers - small things can make a big difference.

Great small/med company with allot of future growth potential that takes care of its people

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company with allot of opportunities for people, fast pace and diverse work environment. You will learn to wear many hats and work on all types of projects.

Cons

Sometimes the changes are happening too fast and plans can change often, you have to be willing to adjust and adapt all the time.

Continue to take care of your people, keep the same small company culture in the future.

Hmm Suspicious...

I have been working at Verian

Pros

Nice Building. There are some talented employees here.

Cons

This company is certainly shady in its employee treatment. It appears that they had their R&D team write positive reviews on this site to offset any negative criticism. This resembles the handy work of the CTO. I would take a majority of these reviews with a grain of salt. Also the location for this company is Indian Land, SC and not Charlotte, NC. This was done to save on paying taxes yet trying to get quality employees at the same time. Good luck with these people.

Listen to your people, they know more then you.

Verian Response

May 27, 2014Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for your feedback and review. We share feedback we receive on Glassdoor with our senior management team.

One of our core values at Verian is to work as a cohesive team, and we
    ... More

Worked for Verian? Contribute to the Community!