Vericrest Financial

Updated August 23, 2014
Updated August 23, 2014
2.4

Joe Anderson

Great experience, with the company and colleagues.

I have been working at Vericrest Financial

Pros

Approachable management, not cut throat relaxed atmosphere. Plentiful bonus structure, good base salary.

Cons

Not much time off, no sick time given we get 10 hrs of PTO monthly

N/A

Not a place or type place I would want to work at again.

Former Employee - Investor Reporting Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Investor Reporting Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Vericrest Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I cannot think of any pros in working for this company other than a paycheck.

Cons

Dead end, everyone was out for themselves, everyone was always wondering if they would have a job the next day.

Quit

very poor

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I worked at Vericrest Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

great work life balance because not too busy because not a very large portfolio

Cons

very poorly capitalized. Grow, lay off, grow, lay off

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Miserable

I have been working at Vericrest Financial

Pros

There were literally no pros

Cons

I need to say everything

Treat your workers like people and stop firing people only to offer a rehire so you dont have to pay medical

Was a good place for entry position

Former Employee - Collection Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Vericrest Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a good platform for people looking for a long term career in the mortgage industry. I worked there 3 years and it was a whole new learning experience for me. I came in with no prior experience and was trained from the ground up. My bonuses were excellent. I didn't have any problems with the payout. As long as you come in ready to work and with a good attitude, the management team is a great help and source of information.

Cons

The base pay is less than what I made (but I made up for that in bonuses). Yes it is micromanaged, but most call centers are. As for layoffs, there was always rumors, but the company has actually expanded. Many of the employees in the 2010 layoff that I had spoken with (foreclosure department) were very pleased with their severence package and was greatful, one even posted on Facebook how tactfully they broke the news of the layoff. Layoffs are just the nature of the beast and will happen in any industry, especially mortgage. The collections department can be very stressful because of the economy. The bonuses are based on call quality, one call can eliminate your bonus.

Know that the atmosphere can be stressful and accomidate for that. While we were told there was an open door policy with upperlevel management, some of the upper management did not present this atmosphere. Make yourselves more approachable.

I would NEVER go back there

Former Employee - Loan Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Vericrest Financial

Pros

Pretty easy for anyone to land a job at Vericrest; their standards on who they hire are not the most strict out there.

Cons

They rolled out a new incentive plan to make us work harder but receive larger bonuses. Well turns out that we were doing so good and hit all of our numbers that Vericrest decided they were not going to pay out the bonuses as promised. They waited 4 days before the quarter ended to tell us that our bonuses were being cut in half. Then, there was a large layoff in June 2010. People that had worked there for 20+ years were also part of that group. They changed the severance packet in March 2010 (conveniently before the layoffs) and they capped the weeks paid, so all the people that had worked there for a long time were out of luck. They are outsourcing jobs. They also cut our paid time off days to almost half. Now paid time off is for vacation, holiday and sick leave, so must be used wisely. If you don't want the occurrence, you must know that you are going to get sick the next day and to notify your manager 24 hours in advance that you are going to get sick the next day and cannot make it to work. A doctor’s note doesnt help at all. You get an occurrence even if you have accrued paid time off. You get written up if you clock in 1 minute late, even if the old computer froze and you were there on time. You cannot clock in early or you will get reprimanded since there is a strict 40 hour week rule- I really mean 40.0 hours exactly. I actually had a manager go to my time sheet and deduct time to make it a 40 hour even week (happened several times). Oh and I forgot to say that managers micromanage. They only write up the people that they don’t like and let others slide by. Twice during my stay they made a mistake on our paycheck and withheld our pay. It took them a couple of days to correct and pay us. Of course Vericrest didn’t even apologize or reimburse us the late fees we incurred due to their mistake.
    This is the only company that I’ve worked for that I would NEVER go back.

Do a little research on why there is such a high turnover rate in the company. Try treating your employees better so they can stay

Worked for Vericrest Financial? Contribute to the Community!