Verifications Reviews

1. Good company, left before major changes and buy-out

Former Employee - Applicant Services Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Applicant Services Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Verifications

Pros

Super supportive management staff, treated employees fairly and always had lots of opportunities to voice my opinion. Lots of contests to foster competitive work and for us to work harder, snack carts and easy to talk to co-workers when you need help. Good training, lots of support. Great about giving time off when needed.

Cons

Hard to get full-time job, right before I left company started to crack down on the things that made our job a bit more fun (desk decorations for example).

2. Less than marvelous

Former Employee - Verification Specialist
    Former Employee - Verification Specialist

I worked at Verifications part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and easy to schedule shifts.

Cons

Extremely high turn over/micro managing team leads

Advice to Management

Don't treat employee's as production only devices.

3. Pretty good company, unfortunately it was bought out and most centers were closed

I worked at Verifications part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company really appeared to care about its employees. Instead of immediately firing underperforming individuals they would have one on one meetings (with everybody, not just underperforming) and show where you can improve and tips on how to go about doing it.

Cons

Well as stated in the title the company was bought out. A few months after being bought out they announced that pretty much all centers were closing that were previously held. At least they gave us 6 months notice, which is somewhat rare these days and much appreciated.

Advice to Management

(To the new parent company) The 6 month notice was really appreciated. If you must close a center give as much notice as you can afford as it goes a long ways and makes a difference.

5. Good Family Company

I worked at Verifications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They were really flexible and willing to work with me on my schedule. I have little kids, so that was a huge plus. There were lots of opportunities for advancement, and they liked to first promote within the company when they can.

Cons

The Executive Management team was very secretive about what was going on at the company. Would never find out about any changes until after the changes happened, but you knew a change was coming, just by their actions.

Advice to Management

Just tell your employees what's going on.

6. lack of diversity and acceptance of anything out of the norm

I worked at Verifications

Pros

little to no micromanaging in most depts, some people are friendly,

Cons

unable to deal with change, poor policy documentation, non-existent coaching from managment, uncaring about part-time employees, horrible cliques, I experienced cruel and incompetent supervisor

Advice to Management

organize and become proactive

7. Great people, okay working environment.

I worked at Verifications

Pros

Very hardworking employees that are knowledgeable in their area of expertise.

Cons

Not much camaraderie in the office.

8. IT people last 5 years max.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Verifications full-time

Pros

Nice location in western suburbs.

Cons

Clueless upper management who has know idea of the complexity of their systems. Ridiculous vacation policy. Outsourcing initiatives. Several failed attempts at pouring money at consultants to rewrite systems.

Advice to Management

Do exit interviews. You might learn something.

9. No good vibes...

I have been working at Verifications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great co-workers -Nice facility -Good vending machines!

Cons

-Low Pay - no increases, no opportunities to grow -Very very high expectations, no rewards. Lower level employees are expected to work over 2 hours of mandatory OT, but mgmt/supvs do not stay to help. The expectation is for the lower level employee to drop everything at mgmt request. This includes skipping your lunch/break and stay after your scheduled shift. -No training/learning. It is expected for employees to learn on their own. There are no training sessions/documentation. The expectation is for employees to "mess around" in the new system to teach themselves. -Mgmt pushes back on everything and provides no support to lower level employees. -High level mgmt has no insight into day-to-day which in turn means the employees have to high level resource to go to. -There are 2 different facilities and both are treated very different. Not one team. -I could go on and on...

Advice to Management

Well, now that the company has been bought out, employees are hoping for positive change. In the mean time, be honest with your employees (too many secrets), replace some members of management/supervisors that are completely out of touch with their departments and have no people skills. Provide a better compensation program and allow for growth. Bring other departments into the various centers.

10. Many good people...very stagnant culture

Former Employee - Information Technology in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Verifications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Top performers are a great to work with and very motivated. Some of the technology is very current and relevant. Opportunities to expand your knowledge and learn new technologies. Flexible work schedule and telecommuting. Some of the products and very good and competitive in the market. Could be a very promising place to work if changes were made.

Cons

Very high turnover. Little emphasis on work/life balance. Unspoken expectations to work many, many hours to try and achieve company goals. Poor two way communication. Evident lack of overall project planning. No accountability structure in place. Bottom performers never have to meet standards and contribute little to meeting the goals of the organization. Understaffed in many positions. Resources have far too many responsibilities. Learning opportunities are often taken on personally rather than team organized. Little, if any, documentation for many processes in information technology.

Advice to Management

Improve communication and project planning. Provide incentives to retain top talent. Mentor and support all your leaders to help them improve. Create accountability structure so merit will be correctly recognized. Emphasize training and reference materials. Cross train your employees so you don't have single points of failure.

11. VI

I have been working at Verifications

Pros

Great people to work with, President of the company will know your name, I feel good about the products we represent and the nature of the work we do.

Cons

I don't have any major cons, I think the training needs improvement and resources can be difficult to find and are not up to date.

Advice to Management

Pay more

RSS Feed </> Embed