Verify (California)

Updated October 12, 2014
Updated October 12, 2014
2.6

Alan J. McIntosh

Growing company with possibility for success if teams work together to achieve the company vision.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Verify (California) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good company for someone starting their career or looking to learn more skills in the aerospace and aviation industry. It's a growing company which allows you to add value by applying your skills and continue to learn as you go. Some great people with genuine intentions to help you grow and help you in your career. Interesting industry and concept for which they have been able to find a customer base.

Cons

Poor communication and understanding between departments. Minimal training, but allows you to learn and find answers on your own. Multiple process inefficiencies with little intent to correct bad behavior and set boundaries. Pay is on the lower spectrum and try to compensate by working overtime which creates frustration and poor life balance; however, it might be good if you are starting your career and all you want is gain some experience. Basic benefits which might seem good to some for the size of the company. Little opportunity to grow or see a future with the company longterm so many employees leave looking for better opportunity and pay.

Believe in your people. Educate and create a path for growth if you want to retain your good employees and minimize turnover.

Undervalued organization with great culture

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Verify (California) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are many benefits to working with Verify. There is a great office culture and the people you work with are incredible. I have seen reviews complaining about the leadership and I have to say that those posts were not in line with what I have seen. The leadership here has been great. They are very open about the business plan and devoted to continuous training and growth for employees.

Cons

I haven't been here long enough to really see the advancement opportunity within the company but I have heard it is a bit on the slow side.

Keep up the good work! Encourage the culture and employees to continue growing. Learn about the employees future goals and do everything you can to help them achieve those goals. And take the new employees out to lunch. It is a great way to learn about the people you are hiring!

Verify gives tremendous opportunity to new and experienced professionals.

Current Employee - IPT in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - IPT in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Verify (California) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are so many companies out there that will bring in college graduates or young professionals with many promises, only to throw those employees to the wolves with little training. Verify is not one of those places. Training is extensive, learning is on-going and mid-to-upper level management is always a phone call (or a short walk) away to offer advice, assistance and recommendations. There seem to be several comments on this site that Verify hires younger professionals, which is true, but what many college graduates have to remember is that in order to build up to larger salary and a strong position in the professional market, you have to gain experience, work hard and build your resume. A big income and a management level position doesn't come overnight and certainly doesn't get handed to anyone.

Cons

Verify seems to have difficulties, as an organization, getting out of their own way. There are so many other opportunities in our business but without current marketing material and current information, tackling those new markets and clients can be difficult. However, the organization brought on an excellent Marketing Director that is beginning to the pave a new approach to outside marketing and internal development.

Keep up with new training materials, continue to build a stronger marketing materials and listen to you the voices of the company. There are a lot of bright, hard-working employees that can help make a big difference in years to come!

If Verify calls you for a job, do not take it! You have been warned.

Former Employee - Production Specialist (Recruiter) in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Production Specialist (Recruiter) in Irvine, CA

I worked at Verify (California) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are "ok". You get along with lower level employees because they suffer the same pain of working at Verify.

Cons

Do not believe 3+ star reviews (written on 9/16, 8/27, 8/20, and 8/11), it's obvious they forced their upper management to write those fake reviews. Example, "the organization brought on an excellent Marketing Director that is beginning to the pave a new approach to outside marketing and internal development." Really? And, "Undervalued organization with great culture", more like "undervalued employees with horrible culture".

Biggest problem is their President/CEO, Alan McIntosh. He is a horrible leader with no common sense. Everyone wondered how he got that position and he always looked drunk/high at work.

Verify has a very high attrition rate and they don't want to do anything to fix it. The main reason they have a high attrition rate is because they do not appreciate their employees. During my time there, they lost so many talented employees. They did nothing to keep them. Another reason is the very, very low salary, no commission and no bonus. They gave their Recruiters a "Production Specialist" job title so they don't have to pay them a competitive Recruiter salary.

All they do is lie to their employees. When it comes time for raises, management tells you the company did not meet forecast and you get nothing. Even though the company "did not meet forecast", the Executives still get brand new company leased Luxury cars. What's wrong with that picture? They have enough money to lease Luxury cars, but no money to give to their hard working employees. Shame!

To make things worse, they have a 3rd Party HR Company that do not have the employees best interest. Of course they're going to do, and say, whatever they can to keep the contract. Therefore, employees have no one to talk too for any HR issues without risking their job.

If this company wants to survive, get rid of your 1970's micro management ways and get rid of that useless President/CEO. Pay your employees fairly and give them proper job titles. Treat them with dignity and respect.

Would consider returning - especially if new system is operating and with a different supervisor

Former Employee - Accounting in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Irvine, CA

I worked at Verify (California) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Interesting business model
    -Company seems to be investing in future - services, systems, and people
    -Decent work-life balance, I could leave my job at the office and get out by 6 every night
    -Learned a lot, although much was on my own/figuring things out
    -Many nice people (even some of the complainers are nice, they just make working at Verify tough day in and day out)
    -I liked the top leadership, too - very smart and (some) were very nice

Cons

-Lots of negative influences, although a number of the complaining types seem to have left since my departure
    -Some of my peers (I am on the young side) have not worked at many companies so they brought less experience but a high expectation of what they should be paid, how the company should operate, etc.
    -Repeated restructurings made many nervous
    -Outdated IT systems and having to work in so many disconnected databases made my job tedious and boring at times, although I understand they are finally about to deploy their ERP system.
    -Training was lacking in my department

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch. I suggest leadership move faster to part ways with those who are not pulling their weight or are terribly negative - especially if they are in a supervisor role. My manager was not a good example for me and tough to work for although I understand she is now gone. Consider people who have more experience in other companies so they can compare past and present opportunities. This was one of my first jobs out of college and I did not expect much, but some people thought they should be promoted every year and get big raises even during the recession. Hire for attitude versus just aptitude. I am sad to see all this negativity. Leadership needs to fix it. If so, I might want to come back. I believe in what you are trying to achieve.

This is a good company with a bright future. If people are not happy they should definitely move on.

Current Employee - Integrated Program Team in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Integrated Program Team in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Verify (California) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They develop and promote good people. Leaders work really hard...maybe too hard. Lots of learning opportunities with Verify University but too busy to get to take the courses. Nice people to work with. Benefits are much better here than at my other family members employers. Bonus plan has been created (finally!) Work / life balance meets my needs and is getting even better (although this does not appear to be consistent).

Cons

ERP has been a big distraction the past few years. Multiple restructurings has impacted morale. Hoping that once ERP is done the organizational structure will be more consistent. Level of appreciation of employees varies across the organization - inconsistent. Some leaders judge employees by the hours they work versus contribution to the company.

Hurry up and finish ERP project so we can reduce the distractions, get back to our focus and have some time to advance learning and development initiatives. Get rid of toxic people that are not on board with company strategy and values. Create and deploy bonus plans where they need to be (or were promised.)

If you have been with the company less than 5 years you likely won't stay 5 years.

I have been working at Verify (California) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company offers competitive insurance for it being a private $65 Million company. Standard 2 weeks vacation, sick time, and 401k.

Cons

Stability is non existent. If you have lasted past 5 years chances are you aren't going to leave because you can't find something you are qualified for. Upper management is a joke and cares very little about employee morale or turnover. There is virtually no HR department to go to with problems, no true employee development or training. Everything is done on the fly and when there is time. People move up based on location and not experience or performance. Pay is very low compared to the market and not equitable among the same positions across the company. Most positions below the program lead level are like a revolving door. Probably no less than 10 recruiters have come and gone in the last year alone and many of the best just couldn't take managements incompetents. If customers knew how bad things were on the inside or the true quality of contractors I feel they would be looking at another service provider. Luckily for this company their small role in the big world is critical and very few companies do it well.

Actually invest in your employees like you want them to stay and reward those who truly deserve it. Stop pretending that you are fixing the true problem by restructuring to cure a symptom with a temporary fix. Finish ERP already and move on before your best people continue to leave.

Dead end job - zero room to grow

Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at Verify (California) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I built great relationships with other dissatisfied employees in each office! (TX,CT,CA & UK)

Cons

Verify lies to their employees – I was promised advancement, proper trainings and commission, and guess what I got? Nothing. They do nothing but blow smoke, recruiters were promised a nice commission package and we never saw one red cent, and it was basically swept under the rug, almost like “ what are you talking about? We never said that” Lies. I made a little over 16 dollars an hour, closing out there orders and vamping up there business – I never saw one bonus, no commission, no nothing! The only thing Verify recognized was when you did something wrong. I know for a fact that new employees hired for a recruiter position we’re hired believing that we’re going to get commission, and they quit without ever seeing that. Verify would rather spend big bucks to bring in new workers, rather than promoting their internal staff, which is a slap in the face.
    I was with the company for over 5 years…but when some changes we’re made in the management department – it went downhill so fast. I never realized how unfair this place was. I know there are good people that still work at the company (word of advice GET OUT), but most of the staff is greedy and heartless – putting their own needs first, setting unreachable goals only to make themselves look better in their higher ups eyes. And be careful if you do end up working here and you get pregnant and go on maternity leave. I truly feel deep in my heart that I was treated different after I returned from leave, I am sorry but my child will always come first – not a company that does nothing for me. They also let a girl go during her maternity leave, she was due to return to work in a week and they called her up and simply told her that her role had been eliminated. That was a really heartless thing to do to a new mom – shame on you.

Don't treat your employees like disposal trash – we make your company what it is. Better pay, be fair and give internal employees a chance to grow - not just upper management

For your own good STAY AWAY

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Irving, TX

I worked at Verify (California) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

none, unless your a complainer, backstabbing, tear down and complete disregard for humanity

Cons

worse gossips including mid-management
    everything is made a big deal off
    always willing to cut everyone down
    project specialists treated like numbers, no regard for their well being