Verify (California) Reviews

Kathleen Boyle

Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Verify (California) (Less than a year)

Pros

Colleagues and atmosphere is great, the area is also a great location,

Cons

Temporary to permanent position, I work hard and give it my all and I would love to be made Permanent.

Stressless Job, but company is going nowhere

Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Verify (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Banker's hours, nice enough people there overall.

Cons

Company management can't get out of its own way. Constant change/restructure and no real expertise in the area of their industry. No bonus or commissions yet it's a staffing company (which had been in process for 2 years).

Technical Subcontract Manager

Pros

Great company with great support for all the field team. Easy to work with and for.

Cons

I am based in Chicago, my POC is based in California. The time difference can at times be an issue if I have an urgent need or support.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work AND keep improving the automated time recording/reporting systems. They make our job easier.

OK

Pros

It's not as bad as portrayed

Cons

Will always be asked to work OT

Accountant

I worked at Verify (California) full-time

Pros

Some young people dealing with the same issues.

Cons

No respect for employees personal life, health, and time.

Advice to Management

Business model creates savings by squeezing the most out of their employees and passing it on to their customers. Don't try and impress employees that sales were in the millions when profits are only 50k.

Like watching a trainwreck that wont end

Former Employee - Project Leader in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Project Leader in Irvine, CA

I worked at Verify (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff can be really nice Decent location

Cons

Here are some of the cons: Pay Management Communications Lack of HR IT incompetence

Advice to Management

The whole directorship needs to be replaced

Good transitional company

Pros

Great work environment, great people and great location. Work is not insane and is totally doable. Everyone is very nice about teaching you the ropes when you start.

Cons

The pay is average, but there is room for growth and more earnings depending on longevity. It was an office with about 40 employees. So this may be a pro or con depending on your preference.

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious" . .Obi Wan Kenobi

I worked at Verify (California) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very few positive comments about this company. I am tempted to say that it is a good stepping stone for recent college graduates to learn general professional skills. But, honestly, I can say that with a straight face. Any company that asks their employees to create positive company reviews (or take it upon themselves to create ones that are obviously written by their junior college managers) has some serious cultural / leadership issues. What's frustrating is that Verify has the potential to be a great company. It seems they are satisfied assuming the role of the little company in a niche market. Given new leadership, a healthy injection of cash flow, and a willingness to expand their service offerings beyond finding a $12.00 an hour senior citizen that can perform source inspections one day a month in Wichita Kansas they just might have a shot at climbing off the last rung of the ladder

Cons

Largest collection of mindless, snake oil salesmen I have ever seen working under one roof. Compensation is very low; benefits are terrible, low employee morale, obsolete technology, resistant to improve their failing organizational structure

Advice to Management

My advice to the Fallon clan: 1. Buy a few sandwich boards 2. Write: "Struggling company with terrible management for sale” on said boards 3. Have all mid-senior level managers randomly walk around trade shows, auto auctions, sporting events, swap meets, and area pawn shops searching for potential buyers. 4. Entertain all offers over $20.00. 5. Sell company 6. Begin waiting tables at Denny’s

Growing company with possibility for success if teams work together to achieve the company vision.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Verify (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company for someone starting their career or looking to learn more skills in the aerospace and aviation industry. It's a growing company which allows you to add value by applying your skills and continue to learn as you go. Some great people with genuine intentions to help you grow and help you in your career. Interesting industry and concept for which they have been able to find a customer base.

Cons

Poor communication and understanding between departments. Minimal training, but allows you to learn and find answers on your own. Multiple process inefficiencies with little intent to correct bad behavior and set boundaries. Pay is on the lower spectrum and try to compensate by working overtime which creates frustration and poor life balance; however, it might be good if you are starting your career and all you want is gain some experience. Basic benefits which might seem good to some for the size of the company. Little opportunity to grow or see a future with the company longterm so many employees leave looking for better opportunity and pay.

Advice to Management

Believe in your people. Educate and create a path for growth if you want to retain your good employees and minimize turnover.

Undervalued organization with great culture

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Verify (California) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many benefits to working with Verify. There is a great office culture and the people you work with are incredible. I have seen reviews complaining about the leadership and I have to say that those posts were not in line with what I have seen. The leadership here has been great. They are very open about the business plan and devoted to continuous training and growth for employees.

Cons

I haven't been here long enough to really see the advancement opportunity within the company but I have heard it is a bit on the slow side.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Encourage the culture and employees to continue growing. Learn about the employees future goals and do everything you can to help them achieve those goals. And take the new employees out to lunch. It is a great way to learn about the people you are hiring!

RSS Feed </> Embed