Verint Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Verint Systems President, CEO, and Director Dan Bodner

Dan Bodner

Pros
  • Good Product-Good People (for the time being)- Has potential to be a great environment but(in 10 reviews)

• nice office, good benefits, chance to learn great product(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management "fixes" everything by re-org and never gets to the root of issues(in 7 reviews)

• No career path if you just want a job this is the place(in 6 reviews)

I have watch this company's steadily decline in service, support and sustainability

Product Support Engineer (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThe employees make all the difference @ Verint.

ConsThere is absolutely no career pathing, no true training/knowledge transfer to other departments. No loyalty to employees. The product is beyond unstable. Legacy products are still problematic.

Advice to Senior ManagementExtremely top heavy - title crazed. Managers reporting to Managers, VP's reporting to VP's, Directors with no direct reports - no one knows what the next one is doing, no processes, no standard operating procedures. This has been the case the the last 10 years that I have seen.

Short stay as an Account Executive, made some sales, left as fast as I could

Account Executive, Field Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThe sales teams are all good people to work with - Pre-Sales, Solution Consultants, Practice Managers, Solution Architects and Project Managers are good people.
    Call recording/Quality/Workforce Management products are very good - when they work

ConsNot really an enterprise applications company that they think they are
    There is NO money in the new comp plan selling WFO anymore, which is basically what most companies want to buy from Verint.
    v11 of the software has been a mess
    Most customers in my territory had either pulled Verint out, delayed or cancelled new implementations or just hated support
    No brand recognition as an Enterprise Applications vendor to penetrate the C-suite. This is NOT IBM, Oracle, SAP, etc. and most executives have never heard of Verint even if they own millions of dollars of their products.
    There are probably about 300 competitors for point solutions that they sell, but there is no comp for their core products for call recording.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet acquired by IBM, SAP, Oracle, etc. who can play in Enterprise Applications and Big Data in the C-suite.

Software is a mess

ProsPay and fringe benefits was reasonable.

ConsDisorganized, no commitment to qualilty.

Advice to Senior ManagementFOcus on quality not sales

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Revenue driven and terrible upper management

Project Manager (Former Employee) Remote, OR

ProsThe people are committed and work very hard to make both colleagues and most importantly the clients successful

ConsTerrible morale. Upper Management "fixes" everything by re-org and never gets to the root of issues. Come end of quarter, every process is thrown out the window and it becomes a chaotic survival game to bring in the $. Resources are doled out by escalation approach. Overworked employees; unhappy customers

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time with the people who do the actual work with the customers/clients. Hire outside consulting firm to re-work processes and improve morale. Invest in your employees and provide a career pathway.

Growth company with happy employees

ProsSmart people, good pay, decent work-life balance, high investor confidence, aggressive M&A growth, heavy on relationships

ConsSales driven culture, behind on technology and innovation, low organic growth, slow and limited career development and advancement, low sense of team spirit (depending on business and location)

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on internal technology and innovation

Acquisitions - the good, the bad and the ugly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has made significant acquisitions over time so many employees have come from different backgrounds. Verint overall has worked hard to create a cohesive environment while valuing the diverse background of each employee. I found the teamwork among employees to be phenomenal.

ConsA major drawback of a company making many acquisitions is that some jobs are no longer needed and are eliminated. You may see it coming and have an opportunity to look for another position internally or they may keep the re-org plans at the upper management level and it could come as a surprise. If they feel your skills cannot be utilized in a different area, or if your salary is too high, you will be looking externally for your next opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome managers/directors look out for their direct reports and provide an accurate view of their team's performance while others are looking out for themselves or those who are currently in the limelight. If you want an accurate measure of what occurs in the ranks, open your doors and your minds!

great ride up the roller coaster, crashing down on the other side of the hill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossmart people for the most part who want to do a good job

Consterrible management practices, HR is a joke, self absorbed, arrogant , fake management team

Advice to Senior Managementget over yourselves

Do not take care of customers and definitely do not take care of employees.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsCo workers are great and the product has been and could be great again.

ConsNo raises. Bonuses are down over 35% from last year - on top of the adjusted comp plan which did not benefit the employee. Keep hearing the company is doing great and buying other companies, but we really only see the execs getting raises. Everyone is getting a quota of some type- even if they don't know it yet.
    We have probably lost 100+ employees to our primary competitor, NICE, in the past 5 years. That is a strong statement since we only have a handful of employees who have come from NICE.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvie to Management- Read the trend in reviews on this website. You really screwed this up in the past 2 years. Could not care less about your business trips around the world when I can't take my family on vacation. Get to your office and figure out how to turn morale around and service the customers. Talking to the customers may help since you are not listening to your employees.
    Advice to the Board - might want to look at what the Management Team has done. Walk the offices and look at the staff. I have and funerals seem to be happier places than a Verint office these days.

Too Big to Succeed

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsGreat technology, very smart and fun people to work with.

ConsNo value in the individual employee; too focused on quarterly numbers to invest in the success of customers or the grooming of employees

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you could take a step back and utilize the amazing skills of your employees, you would have an incredible culture that would go to the ends of the earth to make your customers happy. You would have to create an environment for that to happen however and sadly, you are far from it.

Starting off good, but new management brought about a lot of negative change...

Finance (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe company offer good pay/benefits. There were nice people to work with and free weekly lunches. They moved to new offices, which had both pros/cons, but it was new/clean!

ConsPoor decision making from senior management; lacks updated systems for a company this large; poor morale; many process inefficiencies; senior management did not treat subordinates with the respect they deserved.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent within departments; provide growth opportunities to your top talent; appreciate your employees!

Worked for Verint Systems? Contribute to the Community!