Verio

Be The First To
Add Photos

Verio President & CEO Hideyuki Yamasawa

Hideyuki Yamasawa

Struggling to make its way

ProsGood benefits
    They have paid out bonuses every year
    Good people to work with

ConsCompany rotates its CEO from NTT Communications every 3-5 years. Each one tries drive the company into a new direction.
    Promotions are practically non-existent
    Financial decisions are short sighted

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO shuffle would be okay if there was a fixed direction that other members of the leadership team were taking the company. Being yes-men when the new CEO wants to go in a crazy new direction has resulted in negative company growth.

Channel Account Manager

Channel Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Orem, UT

ProsSome of the people working here are great. The problem is that most just punch the clock. This company needs great people and Management with a vision.

ConsManagement and company focus. This company needs great people and Management with a vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a CEO that can grow this business with a clear vision. Hire that person from an successful American Based Hosting company or technology company.

Sales

Inside Sales (Current Employee)

ProsVerio is a great entry into business sales and solutions. Put your head down and work you will be fine at Verio.

ConsOwned by a large international business do not care much about Verio

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tech II

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEnjoyed working here. Overall I learned alot and had ample opportunity to grow within my position.

ConsUpper management issues caused the focus of the company to be skewed.

From good to bad

Manager (Former Employee)
    Orem, UT

ProsIn early 2000 verio's Orem office had a great environment. Things went progressively downhill as they tried to merge divergent office cultures and then later forced Japanese management style into the creative process.

ConsEvery 3-6 years the parent company rotates in under qualified people from Japan into leadership positions to micromanage the US staff. While a few have been well intentioned most become tyrants. Upper management won't make decisions or take responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a vision, share the vision, stick to it. Don't rotate in temporary staff at such influential positions. Take the handcuffs off of your managers. Pay attention to customers and employees. Make some decisions.

Sucked!

Senior Developer (Current Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsLearning new technologies, free coffee, free water.

Ping pong table.
    Woosball
    video game tournaments during the work day.

ConsThey hire managers from the soviet USSR era that treat their employees like soliders at boot camp.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay where you are -- this is where you belong.

Success will only come to the true innovators

(Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsDecent work-life balance and industry appropriate pay and benefits. I still believe Verio's cloud offerings can succeed in the target markets once they are enhanced to fully serve the client's actual needs.

ConsLeadership should be laser focused on getting their cloud offerings featured enabled to be compelling, well documented and formally released, not quietly soft released. Communicate more openly with a shared understanding that client adoption is the goal to success. Overly process bound on getting anything advanced internally. Less than 20% of the past or present staff approve of the CEO, which speaks volumes.

Advice to Senior ManagementForgo the Japanese hierarchical management style; it just doesn't work. Many great ideas within the Boca office can and should be actively sought by leadership. Architect the offerings to exceed prospect's needs (think and then innovate like Steve Jobs.) Promote the enhanced services aggressively by advertising and social media engaging much more proactively and consistently to the target prospect community.

Could've been so much more...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsUnfortunately, there are very few pros at this point other than what you'll see in other reviews, with regard to it "being a paycheck. Verio had plenty going for it over the last 15 years, but has frittered it all away.

ConsNo vision. No effective leadership. The company has made a couple big bets strategically over the last few years and they have been very bad bets and in areas the company simply was not prepared to deal with. This has created a defeated mentality and what little culture there is at the company is one of "just do what I'm told to survive."

Advice to Senior ManagementKill major projects that are doomed to fail anyway, clean up the balance sheet, and start fresh.

Virtual company to train interns from Japan

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsYearly bonus, hardly any other.

ConsWhere to begin...
    Maturity, management, culture, all of that does not exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome non-profit educational company, seriously.

Good company

Tech Support II (Current Employee)
    Orem, UT

Prosgood wages with advancement possibilities. i've enjoyed the people that i've been able to work with and have had some great supervisors

Conslack of training. company is moving forward with new technology but then leaves accounts on old systems meaning that support needs to figure out how to support multiple systems that aren't in deveopment any more

Worked for Verio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verio reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verio CEO Hideyuki Yamasawa . All 54 reviews posted anonymously by Verio employees.