Verisign

Verisign Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2014

Verisign Chairman, President, CEO D. James Bidzos

D. James Bidzos

Pros
  • Flexibility of working hours which helps with work-life balance, compensation and very talented employees(in 19 reviews)

• Some of the pros are good benefits, stability, co-workers, comparable salaries(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • The senior management is dominantly white males, although there are lots of minorities as the work bees(in 9 reviews)

• Very Unstable management, they sold many of their business units recently(in 7 reviews)

Company is going down hill

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsWhat we do is actually important and makes a difference in the world, it's not just some blog site or social junk.

ConsCompany is no longer a technology company, it is a finance company trying to keep the tech alive at the lowest possible cost. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to get bought out.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe cost cutting is eventually going to come back to bite you. This is not something you should be playing catch up with.

Not the Verisign

Prosgreat benefit
    the company takes care of its people
    great place to retire

ConsThe company’s culture has changed a lot after all the divestitures a few years ago. Not too much growth. It has the typical culture of Northern Virginia government contractors: slow, conservative and highly bureaucratic. The senior management is dominantly white males, although there are lots of minorities as the work bees.
    The company does take care of its employees. Great benefit, as long as you can get used to the slow pace.

Smart folks at the lower levels, not so much as you go up the chain.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people who do the work are mostly smart folks and the work day is mostly 8 hours or just over. There is little stress and deadlines are fungible if there are good reasons.

ConsThe organization is extremely vertical and management is very political. This leads to lots of turf wars and an inability to quickly get to a solution. This is kind of a double-edged sword: there is no accountability. When you make a mistake, that is kind of nice. When a coworker or manager is clearly not doing anything useful, though, it is the opposite. Finally, the growth opportunities for the business are questionable.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs more vision and fewer managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good training

Data Center Engineer (Former Employee) New Castle, DE

ProsLearning a new skill,can be very marketable with new skill

ConsYounger manager don't want give older worker their due

Advice to Senior ManagementTry new direction, stay the course

very good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnice location and great benifit

Consdo not know any cons

One of "THE BEST" Company to work with

Automation Engineer (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsAwesome work culture , People are too good,knowledgeable and cultured, ethical, No politics, Great opportunity to work and learn, Very employee friendly and caring management, Good salary, Lot of freebies every now and then , excellent work/life balance, free to work from home.

ConsI don't have anything to mention here for this company as I find everything here very positive only.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop Management takes "lotttttttttttttt of time" to make essential decisions. Should focus on retaining good talents and should make right decisions at the right time.

automation tester

ProsWork with a proud team of industry leading experts. The passion of being the best is clearly evident in many teams day to day operations from marketing to engineering. Benefits are good but changes are underway so carefully assess market benchmarks before making any decision. The core business is strong and resilient.

ConsStrategic growth needs clarity from management to align roles and responsibilities for all team members.

Nice company, Nice benefits, Nice people.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsNice company, Nice benefits, Nice people.

ConsI don't have any complaints till date.

Very good company to be with

ProsGood work life balance
    Very interesting work and good career opportunities

ConsNone at this point of time

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

VeriSign was one of the best companies I've worked for with extremely intelligent people!

Executive Assistant to CAO (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsVariety of work and projects, which added diversity to my work day.

ConsUnfortunately, downsized and sold large portion of company to Symantec, Inc.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide transparency to employees on decisions that will impact their careers and longevity with the company.

Worked for Verisign? Contribute to the Community!