Verisk Analytics

Verisk Analytics Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Scott Stephenson

Great place to work

ProsDiverse organization makes it great place to work

ConsGrowing by acquisition can be challenging and rewarding at the same time

This place can really shape your career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsGreat environment
    Friendly employees
    Great pay
    Great location

ConsMicro management if you have the wrong manager
    Some pettiness based on who likes who

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have more than one complaint on said employee, there's usually a reason. Take heed.

Stepping Stone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a good stepping stone for young actuarial students, with a good study program and possibilities for career development.

ConsAt times it seemed like the work could have been more exciting or challenging. Too many spreadsheets that were already programmed made the job less fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was good and the people were friendly. The pay was competitive and the study bonuses were acceptable. Keep up the good work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked for this company for 27 years.

Field Representative (Former Employee) Summerville, SC

ProsManagement leaves you alone, if you do a good job. But, you have to work hard to keep up. I worked as a field rating rep. Sometimes the work load was stressful. I don't recommend field work for slackers. You'll never make it. Average salaries, but good benefits.

ConsWork loads can be impossible. I retired early because of the travel demands.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's pretty much a waste of time to talk to management! They don't care what you think.

Low stress, decent pay, good people

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsGreat work/life balance. Very ideal for someone raising a family. The culture is generally very friendly and supportive. Many people stay at this company for a long time.

ConsThe salaries are generally relatively low compared to similar jobs at other companies. Many employees see this as a fair trade-off for the benefits i mentioned above. Also, the company is changing now that it is publicly traded. There's more pressure for increased revenue. This may gradually have an adverse effect on the happy, low-stress environment.

Good company. Stable job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStable job and good place for learning insurance industry

ConsNot very innovative and fast paced

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in technology

Company Review

ProsNew Team, Very Hardworking, Great tool,

ConsTeam is new with no conceptual knowledge and experience, Tool does not work,

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think this company has a management.

Business Model: Backstab Anyone - Crowe Paradis Services

ProsIt's a job. In this market, I guess having a job is better than not having one?

ConsIt's difficult to call this a company. There is ZERO organization and it's all about who you know. But even that might not help you, especially when they hire new management who are just looking to make a name for themselves. Which is a bad strategy, considering how small this company is and how anything you do here won't help you if you decide to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith no opportunities for growth, and where churning out people is a more attractive plan than developing them, the best advice would simply be to close shop for good. IF anyone from HR reads this, I know it will only fall on deaf ears.

But for anyone else, please take this review to heart if you consider working here. The grass has not been greener on this side of the fence, and will never be for this company. Verisk should be ashamed to call this company part of their "family."

Disorganized

ProsNibble, always have the ability to make changes quickly

ConsNegative culture among the team members, employees don't appear to be happy

Advice to Senior Managementput structure in place at all levels

OK company to work for.

ProsCompany is in a great sector with lots of growing opportunities.

ConsLeadership lacks of vision and one coherent strategy to improve its performance.
    Management lacks of interests or desire to invest in its people, and emphasis solely on cost savings and overselling.
    Management seems to care more about internal political fight than helping their employees to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementForm a consistent strategy across all the divisions. Invest more in the people, and infrastructure to fuel the growth.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Verisk Analytics? Contribute to the Community!