Verisk Health

Updated December 19, 2014
Updated December 19, 2014
3.1

Nadine Hays

Pros
  • It is like a large family and there is opportunity to learn new skills on a regular basis (in 6 reviews)

• The people are great - very flexible and willing to help (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a company going through growing pains (in 3 reviews)

• Leadership is very absent at a high level and at individual member companies (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent place to learn/grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Verisk Health full-time

Pros

The Verisk leadership team provides an opportunity for you to learn and try new things. There are significant opportunities for growth for those who love to learn new things and challenge themselves.

Excellent benefits and work from home policies. Compensation is tremendous for those who work hard.

Cons

This is a fast paced industry, where market needs are constantly evolving and hence priorities tend to shift unexpectedly.

Exciting place to work and grow

I have been working at Verisk Health full-time

Pros

People are invested in creating a positive and supportive work environment. There is a diverse set of products being built across all the offices, so there is plenty of opportunity to learn more about the health care market.

Generous time-off policies. A culture committed to helping others in the company and in the community.

Cons

A lot of recent turnover, so some key positions are currently open. Office layout is sub-optimal.

Lots of growth and changes - but trending in right direction with amazing people

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Verisk Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast-growing, smart/talented people, honest/trustworthy culture, lots of flexibility and ability to grow. Good mix of young and more seasoned workforce from various backgrounds/cultures. Very client -focused and rich customer base. Strong financials.

Cons

Company has experienced incredible growth and with that have come some growing pains (i.e. leadership changes, need to redevelop processes, add more administrative layers, have been some slow downs around new product development);

Continue to stay client - focused and create pathways for people to grow and continue to be challenged and learn.

Professional, Respectful and Considerate - truly a great place to work.

Current Employee - Intern in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Intern in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Verisk Health as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I have worked for many types of business - small and large - and Verisk has a leg up on them all. For a company so large, they still maintain a high level of consideration and respect for their employees. They try very hard to take care of you in what ever area you need assistance. I was really surprised at how organized this large of a company is - especially with the growth they have had. The systems they have in place for assistance and for getting your work done is awesome. They really have it together.

Cons

The only Con I can think of is...being that they are expanding and growing, their managers are pushed to the max. On occasion, I have had to wait to get answers to questions - which intern delayed my productivity. Some of those delays were because the manager just couldn't get the answer from the Corp. Office, and some delays were from the fact they just couldn't get everything addressed.

I really respect your business model and how efficient the structure of your business is. There are always areas that could be improved on, but I honestly don't see many that you are not trying to resolve or have plans to fix. My recommendation would be to have your Manager delegate more of their work load to allow them to address hot questions or address problems that slow production of projects. They are incredible, hard working and dedicated...

Great Place to Work and Learn.

Current Employee - Director in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Verisk Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Verisk is truly a think tank environment. This is a place where future thinking and past experience come together to solve complicated healthcare problems.

- Management encourages that you take your ideas and cultivate them into actionable tasks that benefit both the client and the organization.

-Employees are very well educated, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic about their work.

-Verisk employees are encouraged think out of the box. For example, each month Verisk holds a data visualization competition where employees can take some time to come up with their own ideas on how data can be analyzed, displayed and published using public data sources.

-Great projects that give back to the community such as volunteer work and fundraisers.

-Manageable workload, good health and financial benefits.

Cons

The enterprise is quite silo-ed. Employees should better understand the innovations and contributions that each business unit has to offer both within and without their immediate areas. This will better utilize employee talent across the company and allow employees to get the bigger picture of what Verisk does. (But I feel that this is a common problem with many large organizations.)

-Verisk's diverse product lines and strategic business units should communicate more often. There is much to learn from each other's areas.

-We can do a better job of introducing and explaining what the other business units do under the global umbrella of the organization.

A great place to work.

I have been working at Verisk Health

Pros

Excellent compensation. Very smart and dedicated team.

Cons

Delivery issues on a limited set of products.

Summer Human Resource Intern Review

Former Employee - Human Resource in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Human Resource in Richmond, VA

I worked at Verisk Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Paid internship
    Friendly work environment
    Trusted with a variety of responsibilities
    Full-time hours
    Wide range of resource availability
    401k Start-up plan
    Thorough guidance through all unfamiliar tasks
    Every day is different
    Inclusion with company projects and team meetings to get a good understanding of real-life job scenarios and experiences

Cons

The commute from Southern Chesterfield to Richmond: run into a lot of traffic on I-64, Rt-76, and Rt-288 daily.
    Workload can feel overwhelming at times, but it is manageable.

Keep this internship available in the future. I was very informative and enjoyable experience. I hope that others get a chance to learn and interact in the same ways that were available for me through this internship.

Lots of potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Verisk Health full-time

Pros

Benefits ok, room for growth

Cons

No effort is made to retain/acquire valuable employees.

Focus on building a permanent, dynamic and strong workforce.

Large potential for personal growth for those who are motivated.

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Waltham, MA

I worked at Verisk Health as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is very friendly. Employees were always willing to take some time to ask about how my internship was going and answer any questions I may have. I was exposed to a variety of things outside my own project assignment and gained experiences that have helped me grow both professionally and personally. There is a great opportunity to learn for those who seek it!

Cons

Leadership and direction during my internship was sometimes lacking because the company was going through a transition. While this was challenging, I found that it allowed me to take on more responsibilities and to get the most out of my internship.

Great Internship Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Verisk Health as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Not too demanding, but still a challenging, fulfilling internship. Access to senior management/ ability to learn and take on projects was great. You could really do as much or as little as you wanted. Free parking and pretty good cafeteria and gym downstairs were nice too. Free bagels every Wednesday!

Cons

The cohesive company culture is lacking. There are many employees who don't speak English and don't interact with those who do. It felt like middle school sometimes with the different groups- no animosity just awkwardness.