Veritas Reviews

Updated July 27, 2014
Updated July 27, 2014
2.5

Edward Cunliffe

Gained a lot of experience

I worked at Veritas full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started with this company right after graduating college. During my time there I learned a ton. I was able to use what I learned in the books at school and utilize it in everyday work life. I trained others, managed others, learned about sales and customer retention. It really was just a big learning experience,

Cons

I wish they had more than one location. I lived far from the office and just couldn't handle the commute anymore

Travel less and be in the office more.

Can learn good work ethic

Former Employee - Team Leader/Sales Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Team Leader/Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Veritas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun work outings. Sent to work at the beach or cool areas on a "business trip" where they paid for the hotel, but not food or gas. Taught me the value of hard work, therefore I out worked everyone in my next job with ease. Ed is an extremely motivating owner.

Cons

Commission only. You will spend most of what you earn on gas. Leads/territories are exhausted over and over again. Sometimes they would have you drive to the office and then drive an hour out to your territory for the day, then an hour back to the office. Sold a dream with unrealistic earning potential. Continuously told lies to keep people motivated. Expected you to work 11-12 hour days with no base pay.

Set clear expectations from the start. Give out more gas cards.

A big a** scam! if they call you, hang up!

I worked at Veritas full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with are fun...that's about it.

Cons

Excessive hours for little to no pay. They want you to get to the office at around 9 am, leave the office at 9 or later pm. That's 12 or more hours a day for 6 days a week. You're looking at 70+ hours a week if you want to be putting in what they consider 110% just to be a little above average. Most days you don't even make a sale so yo're working for free, with your own vehicle for nearly every day, all day of your life.

Stop lying and brain washing your employees and tell them the truth about what is going on.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not for me at all

Former Employee - Rep
    Former Employee - Rep

I worked at Veritas full-time for less than a year

Pros

They just opened an office in my area and it was a small group of us. It was easier to get along with everyone. The pay was ok. For me anyways. It was full time...which is hard to find. Super easy to advance.

Cons

where do I start? I got yelled at because I was one minute late, I went by my clock and they told me I was wrong. I was also on time and I got yelled at because they expected me to be early. I didnt know this. No benefits. Its base plus commission. Im not a solicitor and thats what they are. I had a hard time trying to get people to listen to me. It was aggravating. I was trained by someone who was very impatient. My feild trainer was fine though. I was lied to, they told me they were located very close to me which they were not, then they told me we would only travel to certain places and everyday it was like I was getting a new place to go that was further away. No gas reimbursement, expected us to drive 6 hours for a training course. They made me work well over 40 hours a week and I had no time for my family. I didnt make it much pass training. I gave up. I wasnt getting any sales and I couldnt deal with the immaturity and snickering. Oh and of course the lies. I def wouldnt recommend this to anyone unless they want to get people to buy things and dont have a family. Oh and despite what some say on here it was face to face with us. We went to stores!
    Oh and they sent me out without a badge, which I got in trouble for I had no idea about that!

Understand more, Train better, the communication sucks! When you train be a bit more paitent this is entry level.

Management Trainee

I worked at Veritas full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you work really hard, and have a close territory you can make decent money.

Cons

60+ Hour weeks, get to the office by 8, be back at the office after going door to door all day at 5, leave at 6, it's miserable. The trainers just need you to do well so they can get promoted. It's hard, it sucks, and it's not a career. It's all commission, they tell you to claim gas on your taxes, but it's not that simple.

Ed makes enough money to help cover gas expenses.

forklift operator

Former Employee - Forklift Operator  in  Hamburg, PA
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Hamburg, PA

I worked at Veritas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

close to home not far to go

Cons

none the co.just ran out of work

Not what it seems. Door to door salesman

Current Employee - Entry Level Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Veritas for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, but most are just nice to get you in there.

Cons

No company benefits - just ask, you'll get no reply. Base salary is $300/week. Yes, that's right $300/week + commission. This is a door-to-door sales job without gas reimbursement. They tell you it's a write off...it's not. If you think the government is going to reimburse you for all your gas, you are very naive. If you like making very little money and walking door-to-door selling AT&T products, then this is the job for you.

Be more honest in the job description. This is door-to-door sales, not face-to-face or one-on-one.

no more work to do

Current Employee - Forklift Operator  in  Fleetwood, PA
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Fleetwood, PA

I have been working at Veritas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

i like driving forklift and loading trucks

Cons

we just ran out of work

go out and find more jobs

You'll get sucked into the "big picture" of promised success preached by upper management and waste your time.

I worked at Veritas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, dynamic environment, recent motivated college graduates, lots of after work get-togethers, big conferences with interesting speakers, opportunity to travel on roadtrips to other cities

Cons

Long hours, pay based on 100% commission (little pay for the hours put in), if you go out into the field with another rep (which is usually the case) you'll have to split your commission which means less $ in your pocket, hearing the same meetings every week, if the CEO is out of town the office is usually complete chaos, favoritism is obvious, no reimbursement for gas (you drive out to your territories on your own dime)

Invest more time in actually helping those on your team instead of going through the motions or looking to other people to take care of your responsibilities, be a little more picky on who you hire, maybe consider some kind of stipend or reimbursement for gas/car millage, treat your leaders fairly.

best job i ever had

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Veritas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

tons opportunity, fun, and energetic.

Cons

there is nothing i can say bad about this job

Veritas Photos

Meeting room at the company.

+ Add Photo

Worked for Veritas? Contribute to the Community!