Verivo

Verivo Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Verivo CEO Steven D. Levy

Steven D. Levy

Was a great career opportunity, but future is uncertain

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Verivo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome very smart and talented people; gives its employees tremendous opportunities to learn and grow in an in-demand industry; does a good job of recognizing talent and promoting from within; benefits are pretty good; a beautiful office; the small-to-mid-sized software company culture.

If you're looking to break into mobile and want the small start-up software company feel (and are willing to accept the significant risks that go with it), the company could be a good choice.

ConsCompany faced significant turnover and was forced to have layoffs after it's last major software product steadily became irrelevant (the new office is now half-empty as a result). In fairness to management, they recognized the problem before the company became totally unviable, and the company is now in the process of reinventing itself with its next-gen product, named 'Akula'. Will the product be successful? The jury is out, and if the answer is no, all employees will soon be out of a job. As a result, I can currently only recommend it to people who don't mind driving fast and taking chances.

The CEO is smart and talented, but seems to have only passing control of overall product direction, which suffers at the hands of a disjointed product management process that seems to struggle with mapping software development tasks to actual customer needs.

Starting compensation is competitive, but doesn't seem to keep pace with the industry as careers progress. This seems to be an issue at a lot of companies, though.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-architect the product managment process so that the software better reflects customer needs. Work harder to gain strategy buy-in of all your stakeholders - including your current employees. Aggresively reward proven in-house resources or risk bleeding talent.

Poor strategy, poor execution

I worked at Verivo

ProsExtreme care about work/life balance, having fun at work

Cons...but, they don't know how to execute the business strategy

Learned a lot but should have look quicker

I worked at Verivo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat idea, genuine effort to succeed in the Marketplace

ConsI spent 4 years at Verivo and it was total and utter mismanagement from Day 1. A new CEO came in, got a great round of funding and went on to flush the entire company down the drain. Technically the product was lacking any custom extensibility, had thousands of bugs and was mismanaged from the original CTO on down. There was no opportunity for career growth, no technical training for the sales organization and continually changing road map. Way too many Chef's in the kitchen.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would liquidate everything and send apology letters to all current and former employees

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

management will act surprised, but anyone inside can see the ship starting to sink

Programmer (Current Employee)
Waltham, MA

I have been working at Verivo full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat campus, smart employees who care and work hard. solid benefits.

Consmanagement who have zero experience in their roles and departments. a little scary to have a VP of a department who has no experience doing what they are supposed to be overseeing a team for. also, poor management communication to general staff. As a programmer, you want to know what is going on with sales. however, you only receive sugar coated nonsense and silly weekly updates that tell you nothing. not to mention the company launches a product- leaves the other product and former clients essentially in the lurch- with insanely unrealistic targets against a sales cycle that everyone on the "floor" knew was way longer than forecasted for....nice people but

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest with employees and yourselves..... having a company wide champagne toast for a $5k deal that has yet to materialize...yikes.

Run fast from this company

I worked at Verivo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome really smart and talented individual contributors. Nice office space and gym.

ConsI honestly don't know where to start. The company decided to reinvent itself with essentially no solid go-to market execution strategy. The market research just wasn't there, and the forecast for market demand and sales were ill planned. As a result, the company has not sold one license all year (unless you count a $5k pilot and even that prospect/client opted for a competitor's solution) and it's existing client base is terminating legacy licenses faster then the business can keep up.

The sales team has turned over multiple times in three years and the current sales leadership does not have a sales background. Company is heavy on high paid senior and middle management who have demonstrated no results - literally none. Couple that with a few years of poor business planning, hemoraging cash and lots of dead weight and it's no surprise Verivo is in such dire straits.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow when it's time to move on. Close up shop before there is nothing left.

Stay away...

Waltham, MA

I worked at Verivo full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat office with great views (it is a shame that its only half full). Free candy and pretzels.

ConsManagement can't forecast sales, budget, market, or competitive landscape. There is a mass exodus in all departments including people who have been there for years.

Four rounds of layoffs in a year and a half, not including the firing of the CTO and three VP's of Sales. The new VP of Sales has no prior sales experience. They can't get people to download the free trial never mind trying to close a sale.

Moral is at an all time low, people still there are just waiting for the next round of layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company.

How many lay-offs can one company have in less than 12 months....

Full Time Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Verivo full-time for less than a year

ProsNice building, good food court, nice snacks ( always had sour patch kids- says alot when that is the positive part of a company)

ConsWas at company for less than a year. Got out when saw the writing on the wall. Bad mgmt C level, and VP level...
Company waited too long to change product, people kept leaving and had a ignored the feedback of the employees
No idea how finance team is keeping the doors open
Company is a JOKE!

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the idea to SAP, KONY, IBM, Oracle what ever- but know when to gracefully bow out!

Complete waste of time, nothing good to say

I worked at Verivo full-time for less than a year

ProsBeautiful office, decent benefits, young team (therefore largely inexperienced) and I can't fill the twenty word minimum here, sorry...

ConsNo leadership, management are widely clueless - no strategy, no market value proposition, no decision making, no entrepreneurship, super slow pace for a start up. Clear division between management and employees, no trust in employees. Poor planning - they can hire and fire you in a matter of a few months.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose up, save your investors some money.

circling the drain!

Regional Sales Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Verivo full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat facilities, easy parking good gym and excellent food, nice people with a good attitude, big TV's and rec room with Xbox and keurig macines

ConsLeadership is clueless. New product strategy will never succeed as the market isn't there and no one is downloading the product. supposedly they waited to long to change engineering leadership (bad code, no process) so they switched strategies

Advice to Senior Managementsell the technology to a company that can execute

This is Getting Exciting

Waltham, MA

I have been working at Verivo full-time

ProsWe're less than a week away from an announcement that is going to change the way that the market sees Verivo. It's been a long, hard road to get here, and there is still a lot of hard work ahead, but based on what we're hearing from customers, analysts and other insiders, we're forging the right path. I can't wait to see what our team makes happen next!

ConsMaking huge leaps forward is hard work, with a lot of hours. But it will all be worth it in the coming weeks.

Worked for Verivo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verivo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verivo CEO Steven D. Levy. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Verivo employees.