Verizon

251 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Generous Salary

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe benefits & salary are great & you get to work with great people.

ConsThe company always has a flavor of the month to pick on. The schedule leaves you very little time to spend with family. Although, so far we aren't working weekends which I appreciate.

Great experience with Verizon, learned how to communicate with people.

White Plains, NY

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe benefits were great & the opportunity for growth is why I liked this company.

ConsThe company is all about revenue so if you're not a seller it wouldn't work out because you have a quota.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be on the same page as far as observations go, and build a better rapport with the consultants.

Manager Call Centers, NJ

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood company to work for with good potential for career growth and good benefits. Lot of different work locations and nice people to work with.

ConsAlways downsizing on the landline side of the business. Too much time is wasted in reorganizing business units

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline cooperation between business units and stop re-organizing. It is a waste of time when we could be focusing on the customers.

Enjoyed my co-workers

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat co-workes
Good benefits
Large company. opportunities always available

Consvery large company. easy to get overlooked for your accomplishments
average pay
constantly changing (downsizing)

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your employees more for good work accomplished

Good Company, pay and benefits - limited upward mobility

Group Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVerizon is an exciting company to work in. They offer excellent products and services and have a commitment to excellent customer service. They provide good salaries and a strong benefits package. Great company to gain experience in and then move to other companies.

ConsLittle opportunity for promotion to higher management. Career opportunities are primarily focused on lateral experience. Long hours and weekends. Crisis management is the bau environment and part of the culture.

great company

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgreat salary and benefits. Good team work with coworkers

ConsExsesive work load and requirements, stressfull enviroment and lower level management unreliable. Union representation weak.

Advice to Senior Managementgive more value to front line employees and better monitor lower level management staff for reliability.

Going through a huge transformation - can't feel settled

Consultant FP&A (Current Employee)
Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Verizon full-time

ProsHistorically the company has had good benefits. The overall culture is not strenuous on work-life balance, so good for working parents. On site facilities include gym, health services, dry cleaning and cafeteria among others.

ConsThere's no focus on training. The systems are too many and changes are too frequent to feel settled. Constant transformation forces the talent to leave in search of settled places to contribute their skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementSave the talent & experience drain from seemingly unending transformation

Intersting

Customer Services Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat benefits, tuition assistance programs, great coworkers. You get to see how the products and services benefit consumers for front line of organization.

ConsOne of the biggest challenge is career advancement. Looking to advance from a union employee to a management employee is pretty much impossible when looking to go into a different part of the organization. The work-life balance is horrible. The work schedule comes out for Friday for the next week, which makes it impossible to plan or have a regular life, especially if it changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend leadership course as a perquisite for every supervisor. There is poor leadership, career advancement and work-life balance. The company moral is poor and the scared tactic seems to be the approach towards union employees. If you dont do this we will fired or written up. Lastly, numbers do not always tell the best story when dealing with call center data from sales.

A good company that will prepare you for the corporate world.

Senior Staff Consultant (Former Employee)
Garden City, NY

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsManagement: Flexible work hours. Work from home. TAP Program (Tuition Assistance Program) which paid for my undergrad and graduate studies 100% (including books)! Good management mentoring. Very process driven which instills strong organizational and management skills.

ConsShaky leadership. The life span of any given vice president was 12-18 months. This had ripples on the overall direction we were given which led to little to no progress on large initiatives. Also, large lay offs in every sector. As an employee you never felt secure about your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep challenging upper management on initiatives that do not have the customer as the center of the discussion. Focus on our core strengths (telephony, data bandwidth) Be the specialist again, not the jack-of-all-trades Verizon is becoming.

Special Service Rep. installer/repairman

New York, NY

I worked at Verizon part-time for more than 10 years

ProsI like working and helping people

ConsI don't have any CONS for VerizonNone

Advice to Senior Managementteach respect tech - toward our customers

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam. All 251 reviews posted anonymously by Verizon employees.