Verizon Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
2897 reviews filtered by

1. If you can avoid the retail channel, they are an excellent company to work for.

Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Peoria, IL

I worked at Verizon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, fair starting salary, and great company values.

Cons

Difficult to advance at the retail level, and hours are long. Not having a set schedule isn't conducive to a healthy work life balance, and it will feel like you never have time for anything other than work. However, if you can sell anything, and everything then it can be a great springboard for your career in the organization.

Make commission targets more attainable for the sales employees, and take a closer look at the upper management. The motivation to perform well is directly related to leadership. If the stores are not doing well its due to low morale, and poor leadership. If employees are happy they will be excited to work for the organization.

2. Company has great benefits, however, the team I worked under had poor management/leadership.

I worked at Verizon

Pros

Compensation was up to par. Diverse work environment. Great state of the art product.

Cons

Poor management/leadership. Work stability was always shaky. Was not a clear defining of team/personal goals.

Become more competent and aware of the team as well as the business aspect.

3. Excellent company to work for; because benefits are great. I recommend if you are single or your kids have grown;

Former Employee - Customer Service, Customers Service, Inventory Support in San Diego, CA

I worked at Verizon

Pros

Customer services ethics by company credo is a world class. The Opportunities to gain knowledge by company sources is endless, unfortunately not by management. Lots of money encouragement. (prizes)

Cons

Many hours ( 45-50 hours per week ) and unfortunately it's not what you know and can bring to the company, its who you know; its the retail stores culture of some of the retail store management.

I believe that in an work environment your personal relations should not come first; As well every employee should be treated the same ( credo not follow) , bullying should not be tolerated regardless ethnicity, gender, language, etc; it's not about being sensitive just work ethics.
     the menteallity of the retail department should be with more positive approach.

5. Good place to work

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Pay, coworkers, benefits, upward mobility

Cons

Working retail hours. Unruly customers.

Na

6. I have enjoyed working at Verizon. I have given a lot and I have learned a lot while there.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great and I look forward to the STI bonus each year.

Cons

It seems the time has come in which they are sending jobs out of the country.

You can get more out of your employees if you pay attention more.

7. Account Manager

I worked at Verizon

Pros

Great coworkers, Good benefits and good pay. (401k, medical, dental, vision).

Cons

Big company = increased quotas each quarter: Product values decrease and some products eliminated or non compensable, while continually taking away your biggest customer accounts makes the goal of obtaining quota more difficult. Company doesn't care about you personally even if you get married or have a child, all they care about is what number you brought in for the month. The inability to work from home is also a major drawback.

Upper management needs to listen to the concerns of middle management. Continuing concerns and problems are never resolved, just continually passed along to different departments.

8. Verizon

Current Employee - Lead Systems Consultant - Systems Analysis & Programs in New York, NY

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Awesome company. Excellent brand, as a programmer analyst it has allowed me to experience a large scale enterprise programming enviornment. Lots of room for growth

Cons

Compensation not as high Compared to the industry

9. Was a great company to work for prior to the MCI Worldcom merger and management take over.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits especially if you can make it to full retirement, the magic 75 combo of age plus years at Verizon. Great opportunities to maneuver through the company if you can network and navigate the corporate political landscape. Mostly good hard working people in the trenches.

Cons

Overloaded with Corporate VPs. Upper management seemed completely detached from middle management. Continually producing streams of vacuous sales initiatives without providing the critical technical instruction to its sales engineers. Reorganizing and rifting every six months.

Yes, train the CAMs on how to sell the tech, but also train the SEs on the tech thoroughly. Now that would be a winning combination. Why would you have CAMs and SEs, if you’re going to provide sales training only? Make the title of VP really mean something again.

Solutions specialist

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Good benefits with good pay...very good work environment

Cons

other Co workers that are frustrated

No need my management been amazing

11. Great company overall

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Vacation, pay, health care and 401 k company matching

Cons

Too many changes too often

Be involved