Verizon

3.3
2,560 Reviews

Verizon President & CEO Lowell McAdam
Lowell McAdam

Pros
  • The best thing is the pay and benefits that start on your first da (in 194 reviews)

• Good work-life balance depending on which part of the business you are in (in 90 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work/life balance attribute to high absenteeism across the company (in 94 reviews)

• Management cannot do their jobs due to idiotic Upper Management fiascos (in 88 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Verizon is an excellent company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Verizon has excellent benefits and most of the people I have worked with are very professional, highly skilled and educated.

Cons

Sometimes the corporate directives don't make very much sense and cause major disruptions in productivity.

Be reasonable. We often get analysis paralysis.

Recently went Union, downhill from there

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Cell phone, laptop, and vehical when needed. upper level support per job avalible

Cons

Management has lost concern for customers and focus has been shifted solely to stock holders

I am not in management and do not know the entire story around the loss of customer service. All I can say is there is a large group of unhappy customers.

Working for Verizon in the Mall

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at Verizon

Pros

Working in the mall and girls. The hours are flexible, so it gives me time to pursue my other passions, including completing my schooling. In my particular case, I'm still enrolled in a local junior college, and I have high hopes that some day, I will earn enough credits and good grades, that will allow me to propel myself to the next level - either a state college or university - hooray. Whether I will want to stay in the cellular/communications industry, that has yet to be seen.

Cons

Working in the mall, not sure how much room there is for growth. How much transferable job skills am I really gaining when I'm selling cellphone plans to random strangers trolling through the mall?... It makes me wonder about my long-term career prospects.

Provide more learning and growth opportunities. Lower monthly prices for customers across the board, especially the texting and data plans.

you can only go so far

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Verizon

Pros

FLEXABLE SCHEDULE AND ALWAYS CHANGING. They pay well and have great benifits. They have locations everywhere and you can transfer after being employeed only one year. They also have a lot of training and support for your current position with the company.

Cons

Have to work weekends, Not much room to move up in the company past a store manager. There is not a lot of planning for your future with the company. It all about how well you are doing your job right now. In the retail environment they have unrealistic expectations of goals which turns a lot of employees off. I did not have a problem hitting the targets but co workers of mine did.

Stop the politics and promote the people who are right for the job...or you will lose them

A great place to watch where the industry has gone

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

If you want to "coast" in the industry

Cons

Not a place for innovation or leadership. Vz has a strong commitment to reluctantly follow the market.

build something vs. buy "stuff" to catch up.