Verizon Wireless

3,382 Reviews

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead
Daniel Mead
1,650 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left (in 205 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period (in 616 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 328 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all (in 91 reviews)

More Highlights

67 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

help small to medium business owners make adjustments to plans to find the right fit.

Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Business customers tend to be less emotionally involved with their cell phone account because they also run a business and understand quality is worth the price. Once involved in the business world, there are other career doors that become available within the industry that may have previously been unknown, they certainly were to me.

Cons

As a for profit company selling is key objective regardless who you are talking to and this can be problematic when people call in while they are at their job and they want to get in and out as quick as possible without any detours. There is also a high priority on customer satisfaction with both you and the company and the customer gets to score you on it. This often leads to a 'yes man' mentality where the customer either gets what they want immediately, they call back until they get what they want or they fail you or the company on the survey. You can only afford about 1 failed survey a month, any more than that and your stats suffer.

Change it so that end users cannot score Verizon as a company on the survey. It's alright to leave them for rep performance because the rep should still be handled accountable for how they behave. But some factors like a end users preference for their personal cell phone carrier should not affect how Verizon is being scored because the company the end user works for chose to use our services not the end user.

Loyalty Retention Rep

Former Employee - LRC Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - LRC Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

You have more lead way than the average customer service representative which in turn allow you to better assist a upset customer

Cons

Although you have this lead way verizon doesn't actually wants you to use this "power" and you could be punished for it

Mediocre

Former Employee - Health & Wellness in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Health & Wellness in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Verizon Wireless as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Low price gym membership at corporate

Cons

No bonuses, not focused on well-being of employees, life/work balance

Your management teams should have a strong work ethic while attempting to be understanding of personal lives when the time calls for it.

Listen to more senior members advice

Current Employee - Developer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Developer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Flexible work hours. Able to work from home. Good people to interact with.

Cons

Outsourcing alot of their resources at least from my department. in IT. Needs to listen to senior developer/tester that have alot of knowledge Lack technical people with great knowledge of the program.

Please listen to your senior development and testers. Also be more involved in the work that they do. Try to be more interactive with them.

Completely satisfied

Current Employee - Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Quick promotion time, great benefits, competitive pay, great company.

I have been with this company for 4 years and I will say this, if you are good at something let someone know. Put yourself out there as the expert. Be a student of the business and take your career seriously. Network everyday and don't be scared to talk to people. In my 4 years here I have changed centers and have been promoted 4 times. No other company in the world can do that. I see the other posts where people are complaining about being fired after one year. I can probably guess that your numbers and work ethic had a lot to do with the reason for your promotion to customer. Call center work isn't for everyone, but if you aren't afraid to take on a challenge and really buy into the reason you are here then you will be successful. Just remember the greater the difficulty of the challenge, the greater the reward.

Cons

Too many acronyms can confuse the mind

Be there for your employees and show them daily that you are there to support and promote them. Also be careful who you step on because you never know when that person may become your boss one day.

Great!

Current Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Verizon Wireless offers competitive salaries, as a technical support coordinator you pretty much get unlimited overtime which is great if you want to make extra money.

Cons

The customers survey you and based on their response that determines your numbers for quality.

Good Company!

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Room for growth if call center jobs are what you like. Very great training to set you up for success.

Cons

Customers are rude! They feel like they can talk to you any kind of way. Sometimes it can be mentally draining if you don't have the right mindset.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Verizon Wireless Call Center Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Verizon Wireless Call Center Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Verizon Wireless (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing, they pay for your school as well as the pay is great and the discounts are fantastic

Cons

some managers didn't know what they were doing

All your management team needs to go to training like a basic representative to become a manager

Incredibly rewarding in terms of new skills and new relationships.

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training - you learn so many transferable skills and there are ample opportunities to grow and learn and build your skill set.

Cons

With all corporations there is a lot of political mumbo jumbo you need to navigate. You have to be willing to commit long hours to succeed. The challenge at Verizon Wireless is maintaining a work life balance.

Keep lines of conversation open and offer ongoing new management training for lesser experienced managers.

One of the best places to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are awesome, great co workers. I really do like how they treat you.

Cons

None at all, best place to work. They let you move up within the company.