Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

67 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Degression of satisfaction

Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany has excellent products and offers excellent employee benifits.

ConsSenior leadership is untochable. The call center has to many negative individuals and the compensation does not align with the industry. Also, as a leader in the business, we are not given the support and ability to do what we were hired for, lead but instead are given direction and micromanaged on every aspect of our jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the voice of your mid level managers. When corporate visists are done dont just write down feedbackbut actually put it into pursuit.

Very demanding company

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay is the best in the industry...awesome benefits

ConsVery demanding...it's almost impossible to make any money anymore due to the new commission structure

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good company, but needs help in advancement for retail employees that are not in sales.

Retail Representative Customer Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits, school tuition, and great diversity within the leadership.

ConsFor retail, the hours can suck. Also, it's like you have to be in sales to advance within the retail sector. Not everyone wants to be a sales rep, or manager, etc. I've been trying to get into corporate or lost a year and it seems as though positions that are posted require you to have previous knowledge of certain systems that we in retail do not use, such as ACSS. It makes progressing very difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide positions, and other avenues for those retail employees who are not interested in sales or retail management to advance.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

7 years climbing the ladder.....SLOWLY!

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat vacation, good benefits, good outlook for company,

ConsVery Competitive ...not a whole lot of opportunity as many are satisfied with their current positions

Fair

Coordinator - Customer Service (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVeriozn Wireless have excellent benefits such as medical, dental and vision. Also the profit sharing is good and tuition reimbursement.

ConsTakes a while for management to make changes submitted by front line reps. Change happens often which you are advised upfront. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to front line representatives.

Milestone to my life.

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

ProsBecoming a employee of Verizon Wireless is one of the gratest things that happened in my life. Definitly a milestone in my life and the environment is awesome with plenty of opportunities to grow.

ConsHaving to wait 12 months everytime you get a promotion. I mildly disagree with how my current work is evaluated.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like us to find a better way to evaluate current Customer Service or Technical Support employees.

Great Pay, But Managerment treat you a child and there is no work life-balance

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

ProsGood pay, training and benefits

Cons1. They change the commission structure everytime Sales Rep make good money
2. Upper Management is so disconnected from the front line rep
3. If you don't kiss there butt they come up with little ways to write you up.
4. There no work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat your employee like use toilet paper

Hated it

Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Verizon Wireless

ProsHealth benefits and tuition asst program

ConsWork schedule is the worst, management don't care about customer care reps where like slaves, hard to advance outside of customer service dept once hired in, very unprofessional work environment. The supervisor are worst then the employees. Job is stressful! Not worth it! So glad I no longer work for the company!

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd literally be typing all day! Management is just as worst!

It Could Be Better

Tech Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

ProsWhen I first started I was totally excited and proud of the decision to work for such a big name company. Over time, those same people who motivated me to do better, grow within the company, get A+ Certified, quit over their dislike for upper management and lack of respect. For most pople there VZW is more of a "job" then a "career". However STI makes up for a lot until you spend it all.

ConsFavoritism. Horrible Schedules - be prepared to bleed Verizon and find a guardian for your kids. Unless you're talking to people like a robot or buddy buddy with the right superiors...you'll be on the phones forever!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more lenient and understanding. Get the schedules together! Nobody should have 2 off days in the middle of the week, that's just stupid. Require one weekend day for everyone and you would have less people leaving and more people staying and actually wanting to be there.

Company is stable and jobs are secured. Lots of opportunities especially if you are in NJ.

Manager - Finance (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

ProsVerizon gives a great salary and benefits package is top notch. The company is very stable and would be around for decades as a top organization in the country.

ConsThere is no fexibility in work days or working off site in the finance organization. In process streamlining and management training, we are trailing behind companies like GE and IBM and need to instill a culture of innovation like Google. We need to break out of the old telco mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease bring back the long term incentive to keep the talent long term.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless reviews and ratings in Atlanta, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon Wireless CEO Daniel Mead. All 67 reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees.