Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Reviews in Bellevue, WA

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left(in 178 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period(in 528 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye(in 254 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all(in 72 reviews)

46 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

BSC Account Co-ordinator

BSC Coordinator (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsAwesome company to work for. They really care about their employees. Great pay increases every year and bonuses.

ConsThere are none. They are a great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints from me. They care about their employees.

Great Place to Work....if you get a job here don't ever leave!

Supervisor (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsFantastic culture and they really do everything possible to maintain a wonderful reputation. They really care about their employees.

ConsExtremely competitive industry. Once you make it off the front line its extremely difficult to get promoted. If you are willing/able to move anywhere in the country at anytime that does make it a little easier and they are typically great about offer relocation assistance in many situations (but not always)

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company really invests in their leadership (really they invest in all employees.) While the base pay is not all that great, the benefits, bonus and training they provide does help to make up for it some :)

Not Airtouch for sure

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

Prosyearly bonus , good benefits

Conslack of career progress, closing lots of call centers to save $$ ,

Advice to Senior Managementthere is a lot of talk about jobs and moving up the ladder but the problem is if you are a rep on the phone and you want to be a reporting consultant there is no way to get the skill sets listed for the job unless you already had them , they would want for example 3 years Excel VBA and you don't have it . In the past front line folks used to work on "special projects" to get that other skill set. And it was great process , there are high upper management people who started out on the phones but that was then and if those same people started over they would never have had the chance to move up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing benefits, decent pay, great culture and nice facilities

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThe benefits are endless and the training is amazing. They pay you well, offer over time and give you recognition for hard work. The managers are all leaders, have great skills and every manager I had was amazing. This place truly breeds excellence as corny as that sounds.

ConsHigh stress calls but they pay you well. Requesting time off is so impersonal and I tried to get my wedding day off which happened to be on Labor Day weekend, but I was denied because of seniority. This was 10 months in advance and you do this at the beginning of the year, but I was told to "just call in sick".

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the time off requesting slightly. Still keep the seniority, but make certain categories higher priority. For example, weddings, birthdays and graduations should be higher priority than simple vacation time. Family is more important than play time.

Great Pay and incentives, challenging culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsAdvancement opportunity
    High pay
    Depending on what team you're in, good co-workers
    Generous yearly bonus
    Amazing benefits overall
    401K Match outstanding
    Wireless industry that is continuously growing and thriving

ConsCut throat
    Unprofessionalism, many people in leadership roles lack formal and common sense education
    Intense and extremely high pace
    Retail is the main source of income for the company so its really a retail type culture and environment even for those not in a retail role
    No work life balance
    High stress

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't move people into leadership roles unless they have formal education in addition to performance. Performance only creates a cut throat and insecure leadership work force and that just hurts everyone. That industry is too intense and growing too quickly to get hurt by creating this environment.

It's not the same

Analyst (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsI loved working for VZW. Great Pay, Great Benefits, Great Bonuses

ConsThey lost sight of their employees and only cared about the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget those employees that you dismiss help you look good.

10 Great Years

BAE (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsVZW had one of the best training programs I have ever been through. They helped develop and mentor myself and others to become the best at whatever position they were in. The benefits we had were the best our insurance and 401k shares, and other benefits I had were some of the best. When I was first hired we had Vars and that was just amazing to get those when they vested it was sad when they went away. Most of the leadership we had an open door policy and it was great to be able to know that you could always go anywhere and be heard. I had some wonderful years there before I got an offer to move on to another position.

ConsWhen I started with this company I was so proud to say I worked for VZW. When I took another position it was because of the loss of work and family life balance. The inability to advance without moving or being in a click so, to speak even being a top performer yoy. Commission is always in the place of change however we could always find the sweet spot to make money but, the last couple of years being windfall and capped there was not way to make the money that we were promised when hired. So, with the increased raising of unattainable goals with M2M and systems not yet ready to make them work smooth for customers so, they failed and we would have charge backs on a kpi's leaving me not meeting our targets. Leadership only looking at the numbers and not at the actual time it would take the company to make the systems catch up to their lofty goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow but never forget to listen to the people who are doing some of the jobs where you came from. We always are changing and will continue to do that however, they always need to be remembered you know they have a voice you will hear. Not only hear but, stand by them and change things when they need it changed. Or go to the field and work side by side with them to see it and not brush them off.

Do good and Get Good.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsVZW takes care of it's employees. Granted it is an almost 24/7 operation, employees will likely find themselves at work on one of the major holidays as well as on any given weekend day, but in doing so they get great compensation and catered meals. VZW compensates greatly with annual bonuses and great discounts for employees on their products and services.

ConsScheduling dynamics can get a bit challenging and the high volume of employees can make one feel undervalued.

OK

BGCO Coordinator (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsVerizon Wireless is a good company to work for when coming straight out of High School and you have no degree. They had great perks when I started working for them 12 years ago, but as the years went on I saw those slowly start to fade away. They have great pay and bonuses, which is definitely a pro for them.

ConsCons for working at Verizon Wireless are that the benefits aren't as good as other companies. When I originally started 12 years ago they had outstanding benefits, but over the years more and more money was coming out of my pay checks for less benefits that provided less coverage than previous years. Also, over the years employee recognition for employee years of service anniversaries went away. We would get gifts every year and then that just stopped. I think randomly on my 10 year anniversary I got a card. Another con was that it was hard to move up in the company.

Bonding through battle

Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsI really appreciated the fact that VZW offered tuition assistance - that was fantastic. We also had some fun events.

ConsThey were very strict with their schedules - You could get in trouble for being over 2-minutes late for/from breaks; lunch; meetings; trainings; or special events, which they schedule. You have no say when you will be taking a break, but you can try to work out restrictions with your supervisor and the schedulers.
    They do not support their Representatives - I was a Financial Services Representative and was harassed constantly. One man tried to get us to waive a justified fee by calling me some VERY nasty names and being very abusive. I passed him on to Escalations and they waived his fee - teaching him that this is the best method to getting your fees waived. The customer had done this multiple times.
    Don't care about the Representatives at all - During inclement weather (heavy snows and ice) the higher ups didn't come to work, but expected the reps to come in. We had to call in and hope they had vacation or personal days available - if not, you would get in trouble for not showing up. If they decided to close the center down for inclement weather and you already took the day off (because you were afraid of the drive in), it would still count as a vacation/personal day.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your Representatives - they're at the front line. Give more fun events and breaks for their emotional well-being
    And PAY YOUR TAXES!

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!