Verizon Wireless Reviews

Reset
3.1
Verizon Wireless Chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam
Lowell McAdam

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits when you are not chastised for using them (in 205 reviews)

• Great benefits from the company for health insurance (in 616 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a lot if "work life balance" (in 328 reviews)

• Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 91 reviews)

1. --

Current Employee - Global Tech Expert in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Global Tech Expert in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Culture, Advancement Opportunities

Cons

Hours, Work-life, Time off, Numbers Driven

Great Company

Former Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Elgin, SC
    Former Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Elgin, SC

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are great opportunities to advance. The benefits and starting pay are ideal for those entering into their career.

Cons

The starting hours may be a bit late. However, after a few rotations you can always pick a schedule that will fit your needs.

3. Overall excellent company and great place to work.

Current Employee - Tech Expert in Elgin, SC
    Current Employee - Tech Expert in Elgin, SC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Verizon is an awesome company. The best job I've ever had. Great pay, benefits and yearly bonuses. Tuition assistance. Excellent opportunities for advancement. Special events has a lot of activities that make coming to work exciting.

Cons

There are not too many cons with working for Verizon. They have made a lot of changes for the better in the past year. However working in the call center can be stressful when taking back to back calls and when customers have too many expectations that cannot be met.

Advice to Management

To increase the amount of times per week that we can flex our schedules due to unexpected life changes.

Tech Support

Former Employee - Tech Support in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Columbia, SC

I worked at Verizon Wireless (More than 5 years)

Pros

Verizon Wireless gives their employees some Great benefits with the necessary and proper training to succeed. If you know the right people you can advance Fast and Far.

Cons

Due to the hours of operation you may not get the best hours for a single mother unless you are local and have family support after daycare hours. Need daycare onsite

Advice to Management

Gym onsite was a great idea. A daycare onsite with licensed individuals to work same hours the call center is open would be an awesome perk above your competition!!!

6. Customer Care Specialist

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Columbia, SC

I worked at Verizon Wireless (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked with a great group of people on my team. Your team becomes your family because you all know the struggles of the job. Free tuition at Strayer University

Cons

Even if changes that are being implemented don't make sense management will continue to make you feel like you are being insubordinate due to speaking to them about your opinion and struggles with the changes. Verizon only cares about making money , they claim they care about the customer but when it all comes down to it they will force new products on you even after it is apparent that the customer can't even afford their current phone bill.

great company

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Great company to work for. Great benefits. Great management. Great advancement opportunities. I wish that I did not have to leave.

Cons

I really don't have much cons to say about Verizon Wireless. Some of the customers complain about the price of their bill, but you have to be able to explain that you are paying for the quality of the service.

Great Money, Great Benefits, TOO MUCH STRESS!

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Columbia, SC

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent training, great pay, great benefits, lots of time off

Cons

WAY TOO MUCH STRESS! Metric system that is in place makes working there very stressful, job would be great if we focused on the customers and stopped dodging issues to make metrics look like they are working. Verizon is only a great company for working mothers if they are in executive positions, if your in service hopefully you'll have good stats or your going to get a horrible work schedule.

Advice to Management

Consider getting back into customer service and leave all the statics and metrics alone, fix on going credit issues so call center reps are not afraid to help the customer for fear of having bad stats and don't forget it your customers and the people you have working for you that make you successful not just your network!

9. Verizon Wireless

Current Employee - Analyst in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Great benefits Leading in telecom industry. Great staff over all good place to work.

Cons

Streamlining processes every year. They are very Numbers driven and forget about customer satisfaction at times.

Advice to Management

Be more engaged with your peers and subordinates.

10. Great job, can be stressful with all the requirements

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Elgin, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Elgin, SC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Great work/life balance. I was told before working here that the work life balance socks but it's not bad at all...great schedules but of course your schedule depends on your rating compared to the whole call center and your attendance. Pays for school. Great insurance. Discounts on cars, trips, hotels, food, and of course phone bill. Plenty of room for progression within the company.

Cons

Talking all day on the phone, never knowing what you're going to get. Have to be able to adapt quickly to change, such as competitive rates offered by competitors, sometimes it's hard to paint verizon prices in a good light but your jobs is just offer and do what's required. Can't save everyone, but too many disconnects counts against you.

Advice to Management

Great job, continue to come up with better plans and being able to compete. There's some people that care more about the price than the dependability, which is crazy but it is the way of the world. I have to move to GA and the only option so I have is to work at T-Mobile call center :-( or the store....unless I move to Atlanta. More call centers please.

Worked me almost to death

Current Employee - Customer Pro in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Pro in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Good salary but not worth it for the stress Cell phone bill half price Benefits are great

Cons

Rigid schedule Management and HR are notorious for being misleading and have no idea what employees are dealing with Advancement is limited

Advice to Management

Please understand that the employees are people and everything can not be handled by free cookies. I became disabled working for Verizon and the management had the nerve to write me up for excessive absences. I have cancer. They have no heart.

Showing 33 of 4,236 reviews