Verizon Wireless

Updated February 19, 2015
Updated February 19, 2015

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead
Daniel Mead

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left (in 205 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period (in 616 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 328 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all (in 91 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

The best job I've had so far in my life.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Verizon Wireless part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits - commission - customers that appreciate the work we do for them - learning a lot about technology - becoming very knowledgeable about a certain area in the technology world and being able to help friends and family members make smart decisions about cell phones and contracts, plans, etc. Good coworkers, expectations are challenging at times but usually not impossible and you are definitely rewarded. Great opportunities, trainings with other companies like LG and Samsung.

Cons

Bad customers who get mad at sales reps/Verizon itself for things that they are at fault for. Some of Verizon's services are more expensive than I think they should be. Some people that work for Verizon customer service are definitely not in the right profession.

Treat sales reps with respect. Your pay increases because of them.

Reasonable pay, but a poor work environment.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Fargo, ND

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very professional workforce and corporate structure. Pay is decent. They also give you a discount on a Verizon cell phone plan.

Cons

Permanent overtime, which sounds like a good thing, but the hours can become grueling. No 15 minute breaks, sometimes management will not even allow a lunch break during a 10 hour shift. Sales goals were very unrealistic and line activation quotas drastically varied month to month making income predictability poor.

It was alright

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Fargo, ND

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employee discounts, help customers out, great service and employees.

Cons

Lots of rules and no freedom. Had to be a sales robot. TONS of useless tracking reports