Verizon Wireless Reviews

Reset
3.1
Verizon Wireless Chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam
Lowell McAdam

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits when you are not chastised for using them (in 205 reviews)

• Great benefits from the company for health insurance (in 616 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a lot if "work life balance" (in 328 reviews)

• Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 91 reviews)

Customer Care Supervisor

Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Verizon Wireless (More than 8 years)

Pros

People, pay, training and Incentives

Cons

Sometimes hard to explain why service cost so much more than other carriers

Advice to Management

Don't work from emotion

2. Corporate Life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Verizon Wireless (Less than a year)

Pros

At Verizon Wireless, they are trying to change their culture for the better, to be more customer-focused. This is great to see, especially from such a large company. Many of the employees are amazing people who are talented and work well in the team environment.

Cons

Management, especially the further up you go, seems to have forgotten how to treat others with respect. Also, the promotion and position status determining system is seriously messed up. They do not look at seniority or skills, it's all about who has sucked up the most. Why bother being good at your job when all you have to do is become besties with the boss to rise?

Advice to Management

Just because you are in a position higher than I am is no reason to talk down to me. Remember - you hired me to do a job you cannot do, so treat me with the respect I deserve, and I will return it to you. Management should lead by example. Also, know those who report to you, make sure their skills are being utilized to the max and that they are happy. Happy employees are loyal, productive employees.

3. Great place to work. Great benefits

Former Employee - Arkansas in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Arkansas in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to grow. Very progressive and fast paced. Great place for millennials to work for.

Cons

Adverse towards former acquisition employees.

Advice to Management

You are missing on very smart, hardworking and talented individuals from your perception of the culture of acquisition companies.

5. Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits were great. Both are at the highest level considering the job you are doing. Co-workers were also great. Train prograM was awesome.

Cons

No support from management team when on the phones. Quality Assurance of phone calls was not very clear, and expectations were unreasonably high. Also, there was the constant pressure to sell.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the things that make the company great. Paying employees well, maintaining a start of the art training program, and providing a comfortable and safe place to work. Work on imoving employee goals and setting reasonable expectations for your staff. You want people to be motivated. Not beat up.

6. hiring process

Current Employee - Technical Support in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time

Pros

weeds out the ones with no staying power

Cons

Long and tedious boring took over a month to actually be hired and 4 interviews then it was an 13 week training program

Advice to Management

make it more interesting

7. Great Company!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health Care,401k, Tuition Assistance, Pay, Everything!

Cons

There really are no cons!

8. VZW

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, annual raises, tuition assistance,

Cons

bad schedules, terrible management, difficult work environment, difficult to work with management, does not work with school schedules.

9. customer service

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

pays well and great benfits

Cons

stressful environment and time consuming

Advice to Management

to show more employee appreciation

Pays well... but stressful.

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays well... the discounts.... events...bonuses...

Cons

Training.... and having csr that are "one stop shop fixers" but not compensating for it.

11. If you are immune to stress and any kind of bad things that could happen to an average person, this job is for you!

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay. Awesome benefits. Employee recognition programs. Comfortable work environment - updated systems and casual dress.

Cons

I have worked for Verizon Wireless for 7 months now. It took me over a year to get in, they advertise so much that they are hiring but HR turns a blind eye to you when you want to work there. In my time working there I have learned a lot about apologizing for things that were not my fault. Showing empathy and apology to someone who just discriminated against an entire race and still will not understand that when they use something they need to pay for it. It's beyond a stressful job and going into it the trainers and managers will tell you that they do not stand for "rep abuse" but after you've been on the phone over an hour with a customer that is blaming you for paying their bill incorrectly..that is your call and you are responsible for it. Most of the customers are angry due to plain ol' user error and misinformation from an under trained rep. Basically in customer service at Verizon Wireless, all you do is fix problems all day long and assure the customer over and over again that you are capable of fixing this issue. Customer's run your work life here, yes it's true Verizon would not be a company with them but when they come in with issues that though you are there to help, they attempt to make you feel less of a person because they compare you to the other reps they have talked to. I had good success in this company and got a raise and 2 promotions in my 7 months there. How? I refused to be a robot, I related to all my customers and let them know I was a real person and I'd be mad too. I'd let them know that I pay bills just like them and I understand their needs. My managers and supervisors were very upset with me for doing this even though I would always help my customer and always go way past what I needed to do to make sure everything was taken care of. Managers and Supervisors want you to say things that follow a very dull and redundant scripting, they do not want you to actively offer something that could help the customer but add to the business loss for Verizon but it would be helping that customer to keep their service in the long run. The company is just fake, I got trained with 50 other people and after 7 months less than 15 remain. Many quit due to stress, the constant criticism from management, and the lack of caring from HR. I had a coworker that had a bacterial food poisoning, she was out for almost two months. She couldn't even take care of her children and they were staying with family. She was in the hospital begging to keep her job and she had been there a year. HR did not care. I realized this wasn't just a story when I almost lost my eye and had to be out for two weeks, they took all my unscheduled illness time and would not give any of it back even though I had documentation to the second of where I was at. The pay is great but the stress is terrible and I'm amazed former employees can even SAY anything here. There has been employees fired for talking ill about Verizon in general. If you want to work there, that's fine I do somewhat approve just for the pay but be prepared for terrible schedules. They schedule change every 6 months and if you haven't been there longer than a year, be prepared to get the shifts that no one wants. Be prepared to sacrifice life and time with family for Verizon Wireless. Be prepared to be talked down to by customers and looked down on because you have to remember a million things and when you just ask a simple question they will refuse to answer it and tell you to look it up on your own.

Advice to Management

Monitor your supervisors and ADs. Teach your HR and the attendance systems some compassion. Set more boundaries for customers, if they can't talk to the rep like a human being then they need to go to the corner. Realize the people you're hiring are people too and going to therapy because that customer makes you feel like less of a person is not okay.

Showing 31 of 4,282 reviews