Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Reviews in Little Rock, AR

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead

Daniel Mead

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left (in 180 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period (in 536 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 261 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all (in 72 reviews)

More Highlights
20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Decent Place to work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsGood pay, good benefits, advancement opportunities.

ConsToo many politics, promotions are based on being liked, not if you are good at what you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoral is very low. Upper management needs to listen to its people.

customer service

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

Prosinsurance pay and tution paid

Consnot always getting the shift of choice

Worked as a call center rep

Tier I Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsVerizon wireless has a good corporate culture with great benefits and flexible hours. They will work with you if you are disabled, and they will give you numerous chances to do your jobt he way they want it done.

ConsCustomer's can get away with murder. They are allowed to treat Tier 1 reps as horribly as they would like to. I can understand having to put up with an angry customer, but there is a point when the customer starts screaming nothing but curse words that you should be allowed to release the call.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let customers be so disrespectful to your employees. Let reps release calls when customers start screaming and cursing and refuse to calm down and talk like adults.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok company to work for

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

Prosbenefits such as vacation time and health benefits

ConsThe compensation didn't match the workload. The shifts didn't work with work/life balance in many instances.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should take calls to get a better understanding of what customer service agents experience.

Fast paced & always on the frontier of cutting edge telecommunications technology. Verizon is a strong company!

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsDecent pay, benifits, and a comfortable enviroment (AC & Heat...not digging ditches). I started in 2011 while the job market was down....it was a decent job for a single individual out of college. If you learn the ropes & work EXTREMELY hard, you can make 70-90K. This company is great to have on your resume.

ConsHorrible scheduling, long shifts (10am-9pm)...not for someone with kids or starting a family. Customers are condescending towards the sales reps. Most of management is not college educated and promtion relys upon the"good ol boy system" or they only promote attractive females (this may be dependent upon the region).

Advice to Senior ManagementGet educated & keep it in your pants!

Professional and committed organization with plenty of opportunity for advancement - if sometimes slow to come.

Program Management Office Educator (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsOrganization manages across large footprint effectively

ConsGeographic challenges make some processes cumberson

Advice to Senior ManagementEnhance collaboration

I'll try to be objective.

Customer Specialist (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

Prosdecent pay, great benefits, pretty good training program

Consdisingenuous atmosphere of concern for employees, don't have to sell - just have to push products to keep up your "metrics", told nothing is scripted - just given exactly what to say for each scenario (may put the script in your on words as long as it contains certain "key" terms)

Advice to Senior Managementput into practice the "integrity" you claim to have

Great Place to Work

Tech Support (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsGreat Benefits, Pay, work culture and atmosphere

ConsToo much change and Schedule

Not a place for a long term commitment. Starter job or stepping stone for a real career

Coordinator (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsGood place for someone who is coming out of college as a starter job. Good pay good benefits.

ConsHigh and unreasonalble quotas if working over 5 years. No respect or regards for longtime employees. Not a place to retire if your in a customer facing posistion. Horrible hours if you have a family or kids. Not a place for mothers with kids. No regard or respect for long term dedicated employee with tenure outside of better shifts. Unwritten and undocumented quotas weed out skilled and talented employees. Inconsistant quotas constantly being raised beyond reason every six months. No respect for employees who come to work every month with good attendance. This only applies to the Little Rock Callcenter not the other callcenters.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow how to be a leader and guide your subordinate rather than be led by upper management.

Employees are not valued, get treated like a number

Tech Support (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

Pros50% discount on cell service, pay is competitive, provided you keep up your stats you can transfer nearly anywhere in the country and people frequently do, generous educational reimbursement program.

ConsSome supervisors are great and really act as an advocate for their employees but many supervisors are just there to play the numbers game and don't care about anything else. Internal policies are not clearly communicated and are inconsistently enforced. People who speak up about problems tend to get appeased with BS answers or targeted by management.

The goals in the call center side are difficult to attain. You can get written up for stats after only a single bad month. 40% of your overall performance is based on customer opinion of you. One or two bad surveys in a single month can drop you below goal and open you up to corrective action and reps routinely get fired for this.

The company is constantly changing policies in ways that negatively affect the customers and when you get a customer who is upset about it they say you "didn't position it right" so you end up acting as Verizon's P.R. department and putting your job on the line for it. Management has an overall feel of being dishonest and manipulative rather than being real leaders. People promoted to management are typically the ones who are quickest to tow the line and "get on board" with the corporate BS versus being true leaders.

I have watched Verizon grow into an increasingly more greedy corporation and it frankly makes me uncomfortable to work there. Most of the employees who get fired are tenured employees who have high-pay and this gives the impression that the company targets those individuals to save money because it's cheaper to hire a new person at a lower pay than continue to pay a 10 year employee a large wage for the same work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating employees like livestock. Stop micro-managing and over-analyzing every finite detail of everything employees do. Happy employees make happy customers and Verizon employees are far from happy. Treat employees AND customers more ethically because we are humans and without us you are nothing.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!