Verizon Wireless

2,935 Reviews

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead
Daniel Mead
1,412 Ratings

Pros
  • They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period (in 577 reviews)

• Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left (in 161 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 291 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all (in 79 reviews)

More Highlights

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

customer service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

insurance pay and tution paid

Cons

not always getting the shift of choice

A learning experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits, Fun activities, Coworkers

Cons

Management needs a tune up badly
    Dealing with unreasonable customers 24/7
    Not having help readily available at all times
    Surveys are ridiculous
    You can do everything you can and management still won't care

Get more training and change the survey process. This is why the turn over rate is the highest because of management and surveys

If you are immune to stress and any kind of bad things that could happen to an average person, this job is for you!

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay. Awesome benefits. Employee recognition programs. Comfortable work environment - updated systems and casual dress.

Cons

I have worked for Verizon Wireless for 7 months now. It took me over a year to get in, they advertise so much that they are hiring but HR turns a blind eye to you when you want to work there.

In my time working there I have learned a lot about apologizing for things that were not my fault. Showing empathy and apology to someone who just discriminated against an entire race and still will not understand that when they use something they need to pay for it. It's beyond a stressful job and going into it the trainers and managers will tell you that they do not stand for "rep abuse" but after you've been on the phone over an hour with a customer that is blaming you for paying their bill incorrectly..that is your call and you are responsible for it. Most of the customers are angry due to plain ol' user error and misinformation from an under trained rep. Basically in customer service at Verizon Wireless, all you do is fix problems all day long and assure the customer over and over again that you are capable of fixing this issue. Customer's run your work life here, yes it's true Verizon would not be a company with them but when they come in with issues that though you are there to help, they attempt to make you feel less of a person because they compare you to the other reps they have talked to.

I had good success in this company and got a raise and 2 promotions in my 7 months there. How? I refused to be a robot, I related to all my customers and let them know I was a real person and I'd be mad too. I'd let them know that I pay bills just like them and I understand their needs. My managers and supervisors were very upset with me for doing this even though I would always help my customer and always go way past what I needed to do to make sure everything was taken care of. Managers and Supervisors want you to say things that follow a very dull and redundant scripting, they do not want you to actively offer something that could help the customer but add to the business loss for Verizon but it would be helping that customer to keep their service in the long run.

The company is just fake, I got trained with 50 other people and after 7 months less than 15 remain. Many quit due to stress, the constant criticism from management, and the lack of caring from HR. I had a coworker that had a bacterial food poisoning, she was out for almost two months. She couldn't even take care of her children and they were staying with family. She was in the hospital begging to keep her job and she had been there a year. HR did not care. I realized this wasn't just a story when I almost lost my eye and had to be out for two weeks, they took all my unscheduled illness time and would not give any of it back even though I had documentation to the second of where I was at.

The pay is great but the stress is terrible and I'm amazed former employees can even SAY anything here. There has been employees fired for talking ill about Verizon in general.

If you want to work there, that's fine I do somewhat approve just for the pay but be prepared for terrible schedules. They schedule change every 6 months and if you haven't been there longer than a year, be prepared to get the shifts that no one wants. Be prepared to sacrifice life and time with family for Verizon Wireless. Be prepared to be talked down to by customers and looked down on because you have to remember a million things and when you just ask a simple question they will refuse to answer it and tell you to look it up on your own.

Monitor your supervisors and ADs. Teach your HR and the attendance systems some compassion. Set more boundaries for customers, if they can't talk to the rep like a human being then they need to go to the corner. Realize the people you're hiring are people too and going to therapy because that customer makes you feel like less of a person is not okay.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent Place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, advancement opportunities.

Cons

Too many politics, promotions are based on being liked, not if you are good at what you do.

Moral is very low. Upper management needs to listen to its people.

Worked as a call center rep

Former Employee - Tier I Customer Service Representative  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Tier I Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

Verizon wireless has a good corporate culture with great benefits and flexible hours. They will work with you if you are disabled, and they will give you numerous chances to do your jobt he way they want it done.

Cons

Customer's can get away with murder. They are allowed to treat Tier 1 reps as horribly as they would like to. I can understand having to put up with an angry customer, but there is a point when the customer starts screaming nothing but curse words that you should be allowed to release the call.

Don't let customers be so disrespectful to your employees. Let reps release calls when customers start screaming and cursing and refuse to calm down and talk like adults.

Ok company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

benefits such as vacation time and health benefits

Cons

The compensation didn't match the workload. The shifts didn't work with work/life balance in many instances.

Management should take calls to get a better understanding of what customer service agents experience.

Fast paced & always on the frontier of cutting edge telecommunications technology. Verizon is a strong company!

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, benifits, and a comfortable enviroment (AC & Heat...not digging ditches). I started in 2011 while the job market was down....it was a decent job for a single individual out of college. If you learn the ropes & work EXTREMELY hard, you can make 70-90K. This company is great to have on your resume.

Cons

Horrible scheduling, long shifts (10am-9pm)...not for someone with kids or starting a family. Customers are condescending towards the sales reps. Most of management is not college educated and promtion relys upon the"good ol boy system" or they only promote attractive females (this may be dependent upon the region).

Get educated & keep it in your pants!

Professional and committed organization with plenty of opportunity for advancement - if sometimes slow to come.

Former Employee - Program Management Office Educator  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Program Management Office Educator in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Verizon Wireless as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Organization manages across large footprint effectively

Cons

Geographic challenges make some processes cumberson

Enhance collaboration

I'll try to be objective.

Former Employee - Customer Specialist  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Specialist in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for less than a year

Pros

decent pay, great benefits, pretty good training program

Cons

disingenuous atmosphere of concern for employees, don't have to sell - just have to push products to keep up your "metrics", told nothing is scripted - just given exactly what to say for each scenario (may put the script in your on words as long as it contains certain "key" terms)

put into practice the "integrity" you claim to have

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Tech Support  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, Pay, work culture and atmosphere

Cons

Too much change and Schedule

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!