Verizon Wireless Reviews

4.0
Verizon Wireless Chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam
Lowell McAdam
1 Rating

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits when you are not chastised for using them (in 205 reviews)

• Great benefits from the company for health insurance (in 616 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a lot if "work life balance" (in 328 reviews)

• Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 91 reviews)

1. Promote from within

Current Employee - Solution Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Solution Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working in a retail environment for VerizonWireless is very exciting. Overall the training Verizon provides to it employees is top notch compared to other companies I have worked for in the retail environment. I received my first promotion from customer service to operation specialist in two years of employment with the company. I even manage to skip sales altogether and score a assistant sales manager position one year later.

Cons

As like most retail job work like balance is beginning to become a problem for my family. Without a degree I may be force to take a pay cut in order to receive a more traditional weekly work schedule.

Advice to Management

Store visit from executive can have its challenges. While VerizonWireless is less numbers driven if your team member are not displaying the behaviors the company is expecting, one bad visit can tarnish your career.

Showing 1 of 4,531 review