Verizon Wireless

3,246 Reviews

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead
Daniel Mead
1,577 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left (in 205 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period (in 616 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 328 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all (in 91 reviews)

More Highlights

173 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Intern in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Large company with many connections, lots to work on, great environment of intelligent people, perks included a gym membership and phone plan

Cons

Internship program was not very organized, there were several days with very little to do or lack of mentors

Focus more time on the internship program and actual responsibilites

I was hired by Orangeburg,NY VERIZON.Great area,clean office,but the INTERVIEW WAS ODD

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orangeburg, NY
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orangeburg, NY

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The interview was a odd during october this winter.
    Not the overall experience.But interesting so i give it pros,not cons.Howevever i was hired,not sure i am staying,read more below.
    The benefit pkg.is said to be,"from day one full time/medical/dental/401k,so i am curious to see if this is true,as i read on net from others and facebook it is.only giving though three stars,for reason i state below,still waiting few months as i was told it begin day one. IF this is false i will file a complaint against them,for misleading me during phone interview that was monitored on my side,and i think their call was monitor too as i would ask 1 or 2 queries,and was"a delay"in response.

Cons

I have learn with verizon in orangeburg the starting pay is one-pay of only 24,000 per yr?
    However,she adds during interview,"we also add onn the 18G's for commission etc." bringing it to a little bit over$40k if quota's are met,however imo that seem still well low(without a guaranteed commission.)
    I got the feeling after the overall interview,the company is hiring all over the place,premise on"being too hard on those who might NOT have alot of expertise in this hard work field.It shouldn't be that way,they will keep missing out on good workers,reliable "willing to learn workers"if they treat people this way during interview.I am not overall satisfied and the interviewer,seem more "like she was a telemarketing representative"reading from a script. i don't see how she can then work in HR. (been with verizon she claim a long time)But sounding this way i do not see how. i will keep going in other interviews,because this is not a place i think i will be happy with,no place even VERIZON should be so strict as the lady on the phone sound,and in my opinion,might be the reason they have trouble getting people up there to work for them.
    Lighten up a little.Your only Verizon.

chill on trying to be more than you are when interviewing good people like me,and others,or who your hiring.NO one want to be NOR will be treated like a slave.Those days are over.
    Just because your in HR,do not mean your better than me,or anyone.

Interviewer,sound like she was reading from a script. A "REAL"supervisor/mgr. and or tele-sales B2B supervisor or residential,should NEVER sound that way. NOT sure i am staying,the hours also are fine but come on.To say your going to no matter what WORK ON HOLIDAYS Is NUTS,LOCA.

i will keep looking for better job,"verizon name is not everything you guys."

But the career opportunities are there,for the"right fit"with experience i think and just not for me i don't think,not for long

Sales

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Medical and Dental as well as many employee perks. Flexible hours and paid time off and vacations that gets better over time.

Cons

Hard to advance up without doing at least a little brown nosing. Depending on the store your in sale could be very bad due to lack of traffic. When your numbers are good everything is fine, but have a bad month they make your life hell, district managers would run crack of dawn training to help improve numbers know to employees as "punishment trainings". Some of the managers are good, some not so great depends on who they are and how cool you are with them. I've had managers i've partied with and managers I ducked phone calls, but even though I no longer work there i'm still in contact with a few people.

Management should all be on the same page, have some sort of management skills.

Good Experience

Former Employee - Analyst Inventory/Distribution in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst Inventory/Distribution in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Verizon Wireless as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The length of employment was not long enough

Cons

Learning different things, opportunity to work with good people

Always keep your employees in mind

Great experience

Former Employee - Student in Orangeburg, NY
    Former Employee - Student in Orangeburg, NY

I worked at Verizon Wireless as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot about working in a big company as a software engineer. A lot of really helpful people to learn from. You leave with a lot of technical perspective as well as business perspective in regards to what it takes to run a large company. Upper management is usually accessible.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

System Performance Electrical Engineer II

Former Employee - Systems Performance Engineer II in Branchburg, NJ
    Former Employee - Systems Performance Engineer II in Branchburg, NJ

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment where you can learn allot and grow. I enjoyed my time at Verizon Wireless.

Cons

Everyone does not know every one. It is a very large company and it does seem at times you are a number.b

Current Employee

Current Employee - Strategist in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Strategist in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time

Pros

Great pay, benefits, annual bonus, phone plan discounts.

Cons

Image is everything. Politics run rampant.

Walk the walk.

No regard for employees

Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Name, and name only. The only benefit is that when you mention Verizon people think it's the best. Notice that I said "think".

Cons

No work-life balance. They push numbers constantly and harass you when you don't meet them even when they clearly see you doing everything you can to succeed.

Managers at the 69th street location are unprofessional and unorganized. Suggest new management. People that actually care about helping the team instead of blaming them.

Great Pay

Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Bronx, NY

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is really good with bonus and commission
    Benefits
    SPIFFS
    Product
    Health Benefits

Cons

Hours
    Managers
    No real vision
    Managers can't communicate
    Company doesn't care about its employees

A lot of Union talk when I left. Listen to your teams hire leaders that can communicate.

Excellent training, but retail schedule

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Succasunna, NJ
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Succasunna, NJ

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent benefits that start from day 1. Training is very comprehensive but experience is the only way you will know how to deal with customers.

Cons

Retail schedule is difficult especially during holiday season as well as Iphone launches. Metrics seem to change weekly and some may look good to upper management, but may cost you in your paycheck.

Find alternate ways than kickoffs to increase morale.