Verizon Wireless

3,390 Reviews

Verizon Wireless President & CEO Daniel Mead
Daniel Mead
1,654 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay and benefits were good although commissions began shrinking which is why I eventually left (in 205 reviews)

• They offer great benefits - full health insurance from day 1 - no probation period (in 616 reviews)

Cons
  • Let see: almost NO work-life balance (asking for vacation gets you the evil-eye (in 328 reviews)

• They work you so many hours with no work/life balance at all (in 91 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall, I did not feel appreciated for all of the hard work I put in.

Former Employee - Assistant - Sales Operations (ASO) in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant - Sales Operations (ASO) in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Benefits, Relationships with co-workers, Good pay.

One of the things I miss most about Verizon is my co-workers. I worked with the best team of people.

Cons

Little appreciation, Little chance for promotion, High stress, Long hours, Time off not approved.

I am still not over the experience I had there. It was a very stressful job. I worked like a horse and was overlooked for promotion twice due to my manager promoting his "boys" instead of me. In the end, I was training his "boys." I left because I didn't feel like I was getting back what I put in.

My advice....choose the best person for the job regardless of how long you have known the person. Be fair.